Shirts, and stickers and decals oh my!

Started by cawcdad, November 01, 2007, 05:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cave2bens

Gallaudet sticker on rear of Toyota Corolla, at corner of Molepulole and New Lobatse Roads in Gaborone, Botswana  ;)
"Forever more as in days of yore Their deeds be noble and grand"

retagent

K-Mack

Quote from: retagent on November 06, 2011, 09:29:14 AM
That's got to be the winner.

And here I thought the St. John Fisher shirt on my kid's gym teacher in Northern Va. (and the fact his classroom teacher is from Buff State) was good.

Yeah, Botswana. Although there's a Linfield guy that lives in Mongolia that I met at a tailgate there once.
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

Gray Fox

Quote from: K-Mack on November 06, 2011, 03:47:41 PM
Although there's a Linfield guy that lives in Mongolia that I met at a tailgate there once.
Tailgating behind a yak must be quite challenging.  ;D
Fierce When Roused

roocru

Quote from: cave2bens on November 06, 2011, 06:27:37 AM
Gallaudet sticker on rear of Toyota Corolla, at corner of Molepulole and New Lobatse Roads in Gaborone, Botswana  ;)
Quote from: Gray Fox on November 06, 2011, 10:27:20 PM
Although there's a Linfield guy that lives in Mongolia that I met at a tailgate there once.
Tailgating behind a yak must be quite challenging.  ;D

+k for all!   ;D
Anything that you ardently desire, vividly imagine, totally believe and enthusiastically pursue will inevitably come to pass !!!

Mr. Ypsi

And here I thought the St. John Fisher shirt on my kid's gym teacher in Northern Va. (and the fact his classroom teacher is from Buff State) was good.

Yeah, Botswana. Although there's a Linfield guy that lives in Mongolia that I met at a tailgate there once.

Doesn't count until a poster reports a sighting - perhaps a Linfield flag on his yurt?! ;D

THEN we can debate the relative extremities of Botswana and Mongolia! :P

For the present, I'd say that Botswana blows my side-by-side Amherst and Williams stickers at Lake Louise (see p. 2) totally out of the water!

Perhaps the unbeatable sightings would be any d3 school spotted in North Korea, or an old Wheaton Crusaders t-shirt in Mecca!  I won't hold my breath waiting for those! ;D

Gray Fox

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on November 07, 2011, 01:05:23 AM

Doesn't count until a poster reports a sighting - perhaps a Linfield flag on his yurt?! ;D

THEN we can debate the relative extremities of Botswana and Mongolia! :P

For the present, I'd say that Botswana blows my side-by-side Amherst and Williams stickers at Lake Louise (see p. 2) totally out of the water!

Perhaps the unbeatable sightings would be any d3 school spotted in North Korea, or an old Wheaton Crusaders t-shirt in Mecca!  I won't hold my breath waiting for those! ;D
Not D3, but I was in Machu Picchu in 1980 and I saw a local with a t-shirt that said "Illinois Red Sox". :o
Fierce When Roused

K-Mack

Sometimes while writing I put on the Jazz station via cable because I need some background noise but lyrics distract me.

So I happened to look up during an Oleta Adams/Al Jarreau duet, and the on-screen factoids said, one after another, that Oleta accepted a scholarship to Pacific Lutheran, and Al graduated with a psych degree from Ripon.

D3 randomity.
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

Hawks88

Driving through Ashland, AL the other day and saw a guy walking down the side of the road wearing a Kalamazoo College sweatshirt.

roocru

Saw a Westminster (not sure which one) sweatshirt on a young lady at the Texas A&M - San Antonio campus.
Anything that you ardently desire, vividly imagine, totally believe and enthusiastically pursue will inevitably come to pass !!!

02 Warhawk

Was watching our local news (Milwaukee) and they were doing a story on people trying recall our governor. One person they showed protesting had red St. John's hooded sweatshirt on.

Those Johnnies are always causing trouble  ;)

fulbakdad

I can beat the Illinois Red Sox T-shirt.  I have a my friend from England sent me a Liverpool Red Sox T-shirt.  John Henry bought out the Liverpool Soccer team.  They are pretty common shirts over there I guess.

HSCTiger74

Huntingdon College sticker on a car at my local grocery store in Charlotte.
TANSTAAFL

BoBo

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on November 15, 2011, 10:20:49 PM
Was watching our local news (Milwaukee) and they were doing a story on people trying recall our governor. One person they showed protesting had red St. John's hooded sweatshirt on.

retagent?
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

02 Warhawk

Quote from: BoBo on November 17, 2011, 12:00:55 PM
Quote from: 02 Warhawk on November 15, 2011, 10:20:49 PM

retagent?

I think you're on to something