Shirts, and stickers and decals oh my!

Started by cawcdad, November 01, 2007, 05:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FCGrizzliesGrad

Wittenberg alum sticker at Community South hospital on the southside of Indy.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

Ralph Turner

A University of the South decal on a BMW in the church parking lot at Marvin United Methodist Church in Tyler!  Wow. Who is that guy, I wonder.

02 Warhawk

St. John's shirt in Hawaii
St. Olaf shirt in Milwaukee airport
Eau Claire hockey team in Phoenix airport

Ralph Turner

A Cal Lutheran license plate holder on a sedan headed westbound on the Atchafalaya bridge (on I-10) in Louisiana.

badgerwarhawk

St Olaf sweatshirt at the WARHAWKS/La Crosse men's basketball game in WHITEWATER.
"Just think twice is my only advice."

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: pg04 on December 18, 2015, 03:49:56 PM
Quote from: 02 Warhawk on December 18, 2015, 03:48:46 PM
Quote from: pg04 on December 18, 2015, 03:47:26 PM
Quote from: 02 Warhawk on December 18, 2015, 03:39:56 PM
This doesn't really fit this thread, but nevertheless a random DIII moment occurred when I wasn't expecting it. I met my wife for lunch at a local Buffalo Wild Wings outside of Milwaukee today. And of all the sports stations and TVs they have at their disposal, they were displaying the replay of the Linfield/St. Thomas semifinal game from last week in the bar. Not only that, it was being displayed on the largest flat screen they had. Usually that TV is reserved for the big games or local games...anything but a D3 semifinal replay! I got a kick out of the patrons looking up at the screen with the "what the hell is this" look on their face.

I would have even found it odd if they were re-airing a previous UWW game (at least that's kind of local being that it's instate)....let alone a replay of D3 football game that had little to no interest to anyone miles from where I was.

That had to have been the first time where I've seen a D3 sporting event - of any kind - being aired in a bar, when I wasn't expecting it. And it was a replay...not even live! I just found that fascinating.

ESPNU replayed the game (I think they also replayed your game at some point). Likely they just had on ESPNU and paid no attention other than OH FOOTBALL

That's not "my game"...I want no part of it.  ;D

Yeah, I actually phrased it in a way that usually annoys me. Like when people say "We" are going to win today. Well, you aren't actually on the team so....

It doesn't annoy me and admittedly I'm as guilty of it as anyone.  What is interesting to me is the words we use.  When things are going well we use words like "we", "us" and "my guys" but when things sour it's "they", "them" and "those guys."

ADL70

Trinity (TX) ball cap on gentleman I played golf with yesterday at White Wing, Sun City, Georgetown, Texas.  Not a big deal since San Antonio is a couple hours south on I-35.  His daughter was a graduate.  But where it got interesting is that I learned he had played football at Merchant Marine and his son swam at Ohio Northern. I was wearing my CWRU cap, which I now alternate with a newly acquired Southwestern one.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

Ralph Turner

Quote from: ADL70 on February 11, 2016, 11:21:06 AM
Trinity (TX) ball cap on gentleman I played golf with yesterday at White Wing, Sun City, Georgetown, Texas.  Not a big deal since San Antonio is a couple hours south on I-35.  His daughter was a graduate.  But where it got interesting is that I learned he had played football at Merchant Marine and his son swam at Ohio Northern. I was wearing my CWRU cap, which I now alternate with a newly acquired Southwestern one.
The Merchant Marine and ONU references are good.

But, I gotta warn you about the enmity that may come your way for playing golf on such a beeeauuuu-ti-ful February day!  Look out for some smites from some jealous golfers who have not seen turf in 2 months.  ;)

FCGrizzliesGrad

Quote from: Ralph Turner on February 11, 2016, 11:44:30 AM

But, I gotta warn you about the enmity that may come your way for playing golf on such a beeeauuuu-ti-ful February day!  Look out for some smites from some jealous golfers who have not seen turf in 2 months.  ;)
Northerners know you just use a brightly colored ball to help you see it. A little bit of snow isn't going to stop golfers up here ;)
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

Hawks88

W&L sticker on a car going up I-85 in Auburn this morning.

tigerFanAlso2

that must have been JK. Not many W&L folks down in Alabama !!!

Hawks88

Nah. It was a young girl, close to college age. I've met JK. She was WAY prettier than him.

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on February 12, 2016, 08:59:37 AM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on February 11, 2016, 11:44:30 AM

Northerners know you just use a brightly colored ball to help you see it. A little bit of snow isn't going to stop golfers up here ;)

I've played on a Wisconsin course in every month of the year. 

badgerwarhawk

Elmhurst sweatshirt on a dude attending the WARHAWKS/Stout men's basketball game in Whitewater.

HSCTiger74

Williams t-shirt in the checkout line at my usual grocery store in Charlotte.
TANSTAAFL