BB: CCIW: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by RedmenFB44, January 05, 2006, 12:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwunder

Quote from: BigPoppa on March 16, 2011, 02:18:27 PM
Does anyone know if Joey Aiello is hurt for Carthage? He was pulled early yesterday and is not in the line-up today vs. Utica.

He's back in the line-up today vs. Otterbein.  You know Augie better than most?  Sending a message early maybe??

BigPoppa

It appears to be working as Carthage already has 4 in the first with only two hits. 4 unearned runs after an Otterbein error.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

BigPoppa

Carthage hangs on for a 5-4 win today over Otterbein in game #1. got dicey at the end as an errors extended the 9th inning.

BigPoppa

Carthage knocks off Oshkosh today 6-1. Mario Perez earned the win for Carthage who has won five straight to finish 8-3 on its spring trip. Perez's out is a huge boost for the Redmen who have already had solid pitching so far.

Gregory Sager

North Park follows up an 8-2 win over Plattsburgh State on Thursday with a 26-3 pasting of Westminster (MO) yesterday.

No word yet on how NPU did against St. Lawrence this morning in the Vikings' last appearance of the Gene Cusic Classic down in Ft. Myers.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

mr_b

North Park topped St. Lawrence, 4-1.  Steve Kuligowski struck out 17 batters in a complete-game effort.  the Vikings finished their spring break trip 5-1 and are 6-3 overall.

mwunder

Quote from: mr_b on March 19, 2011, 10:44:37 PM
Steve Kuligowski struck out 17 batters in a complete-game effort. 

That's a VERY impressive number right there!!

Gregory Sager

North Park topped St. Lawrence, 4-1.  Steve Kuligowski struck out 17 batters in a complete-game effort.  the Vikings finished their spring break trip 5-1 and are 6-3 overall.

I've checked out the North Park record book on your NPU baseball website, but I can't figure out whether or not this is a single-game school record for strikeouts.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

mr_b

Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 20, 2011, 04:31:58 PM

I've checked out the North Park record book on your NPU baseball website, but I can't figure out whether or not this is a single-game school record for strikeouts.
I don't have single-game records on my website.  The record keeping has not been complete enough to warrant that category, though I wish I could add it.  That said, assistant coach (and former North Central ace) Mike Kloss noted that when he struck out 17 batters in a game last year, he was told it tied a CCIW record.  I think we'll have to ask the folks at the CCIW office for confirmation. 

Mr. Ypsi

IWU avenged yesterday's loss at WashU with a 7-4 win this afternoon.  They are now 6-4 on the season.

mwunder

Quote from: BBFan62 on December 18, 2010, 11:01:40 PM
IWU picked up a great transfer in AJ Nathan from Lawrence. He was a teammate of Kevin Sullivan (HP '08)and Anthony Kopp (HP '09) at Highland Park HS. AJ set the season hit record at HP (66 hits in 33 games) and the BA season record, with .546 during his senior year at HP ('09). His primary position is catcher (1.80 pop time) but can be used as a closer, or play the infield. A great pickup of a great athlete for IWU.
My son played with them during HS, but attends college out East.

Quote from: BigPoppa on December 23, 2010, 01:28:26 AM
We'll see the true numbers once the season begins.

So far AJ Nathan has thrown out 4 of 21 (19%)...not exactly Pudge or Johnny Bench-like numbers.  Argue all you want about stealing bases off the pitcher, it goes down in the stat book against the catcher.  Either someone's number was timed wrong, or someone is allowing runner's to get jumps that are entirely too big for anyone's 1.80 pop time to overcome.

CCIWFAN6

The inability to catch the ball has been the achilles heel for IWU so far this year.  They are averaging 2 errors a game.  In the 4 losses, they have averaged 2.5 making 4,2,1,and 3, respectively.

It is never a good thing when one of your starting infielders had as many errors as assists going into yesterdays game.

mr_b

Congratulations to North Park's Steve Kuligowski on his selection as CCIW Pitcher of the Week!

RedmanFan35

Back from Florida, and extremely optimistic about our, Redmens chances. The Errors are coming down to a manageable level, Kyle Pusateri looks strong at shortstop. The Hitting all the way around as a team looks better . Will Hodges and Joey Aiello didn't have to carry it. A real nice addition in 1st Base / DH John Hassar ( Trans UW Parkside ), And expect LF Billy Herrin to be in the top 3 Outfielders in this conference. This Kids Great !!! Mike Petti looks like he's gonna make some noise in RF also. Matt Soderland is looking strong behind the plate and with the bat also. The Pitching runs much deeper than it did last year. Perez and Rohe will Anchor, With Seniors Dan Dahm and Nic Jensen looking good, Sophmore Mitch Lochen looks like a machine. Freshmen Tyler Johansen, Sam Wilhelms and Luke Watson, don't throw at all like freshmen. This is my 1st post this year so I'll take it easy on the Bold predictions. I will say this is a similar feeling to what I had in 2009.

RedmanFan35

Congrats to North Park on the Kuligowski pick up. I watched him play in HS for Grayslake Central. The 17 K's dosen't surprise me.