2018 Adrian Regional: Nicolay Field , Adrian, Mich (hosted by Adrian)

Started by Ralph Turner, May 07, 2018, 01:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

wally_wabash

"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

AllStar

Dr. Acula

Tough luck for Ott to get Parsons and Adrian on their own field to open.

Ralph Turner

I just like those Marietta home uniforms.  Pinstripes. Just classic. The same can be said Chapman's home uniforms, too.

Jack Parkman

Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 17, 2018, 11:14:53 AM
I just like those Marietta home uniforms.  Pinstripes. Just classic. The same can be said Chapman's home uniforms, too.

I am a bit of a uniform snob and love simple home whites (or pinstripes), road grays, one SOLID alternative.  These camo, multi-colored, and dark gray uniforms drive me nuts. 

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Jack Parkman on May 17, 2018, 12:05:03 PM

I am a bit of a uniform snob and love simple home whites (or pinstripes), road grays, one SOLID alternative.  These camo, multi-colored, and dark gray uniforms drive me nuts. 
...and the solid alternative I prefer goes with white pants.

In any case, the Shenandoah Marietta game was a good one.

Shen got a complete game out of their starter without an excessive number of pitches.  Marietta challenged in the last 3 innings and had the tying runner on third with 2 out in the 9th.

Final Shen 3, Etta 2.

Dr. Acula

Etta's best shot was the 8th with 1st and 2nd 1 down with 2-3-4 up.  Unfortunately Petrucci GIDP to end the threat.   

I thought the students (I assume) from Adrian did a nice job calling the game. 

wally_wabash

Agree that the call on these games are pretty good.  I do wish we could find a way to stream a D3 baseball game with a camera not behind a net.  We'll get there.  Baby steps. 

LGs hanging around down 4-2 to Wooster.  Dippman has been outstanding and I don't think Wabash has seen him yet this year.  On the other hand, Wooster has seen Roberts plenty, and they are really making him grind.  He just got through the 6th.  He's over 100 pitches and I'm not sure if you don't go ahead and give Wooster a different look over these last three innings.
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Ralph Turner

I also liked the recent Cortland home whites... reminded me of the old classic Cincinnati Reds (Redlegs).

This year they have added a stripe running from the armpit to the waist.

I do not like the Westfield State uniforms that are blue on the back and white on the front.

wally_wabash

Scots hang on and win 4-2 this afternoon.  Dippman was great for the Scots and really limited Wabash's scoring opportunities.  I don't think Wabash ever got anything serious going with less than two outs today.  Wabash vs. Marietta in the first elimination game tomorrow at 10 am. WAF!

Dr. Acula

Quote from: wally_wabash on May 17, 2018, 03:41:24 PM
Scots hang on and win 4-2 this afternoon.  Dippman was great for the Scots and really limited Wabash's scoring opportunities.  I don't think Wabash ever got anything serious going with less than two outs today.  Wabash vs. Marietta in the first elimination game tomorrow at 10 am. WAF!

Etta is definitely a winnable game for Wabash.  Their offense is nothing special.  The LG's will almost certainly face Oberhelman.  He threw an absolute gem his last start (CG 4 hit shutout against ONU in the OAC tourney), but he's not overpowering by any means.  I don't know how Wabash's #2 guy is, but if he's good then they have a good chance to stay alive.

wally_wabash

Quote from: Dr. Acula on May 18, 2018, 09:54:58 AM
Quote from: wally_wabash on May 17, 2018, 03:41:24 PM

Etta is definitely a winnable game for Wabash.  Their offense is nothing special.  The LG's will almost certainly face Oberhelman.  He threw an absolute gem his last start (CG 4 hit shutout against ONU in the OAC tourney), but he's not overpowering by any means.  I don't know how Wabash's #2 guy is, but if he's good then they have a good chance to stay alive.

Cody Cochran pitched the first game vs. Wooster in the NCAC tournament and did a fine job.  I'm sure the hope here today is to get 6-7 good innings out Cochran and then depending on the score get it to Zach Moffett to close.  Have to get ahead first though! 

I'm seeing an on-screen ad on the broadcast today as well which I'm pretty sure is an NCAA no-no.  Hope somebody lets the crew in Adrian know.