WBB: Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by charge, October 30, 2004, 11:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rose Basketball

Rose-Hulman improved to 10-1 overall this afternoon, after knocking off Marian 84-70.

Rebekah Forsyth scored a school record 38 points for RHIT.

M and L

who does the Mt. St. joe play tonight?

M and L

wowj! is this the place to be or what?  ;)

brutus

Yeah...this conference board not exactly jumping.

M and L

I see things haven't changed much  :(

David Collinge

2007-08 schedule update:

HCAC:
Anderson: (I couldn't get to their %#*%body%amp; website) :-[
Bluffton:  men; women
Defiance:  men (not posted); women
Franklin:  men; women
Hanover:  men; women
Manchester (not posted)
Mt. St. Joseph:  men; women
Rose-Hulman:  men (complete); women (complete)
Transylvania:  men (complete); women (complete)

Buck23

HCACBBALL

Any thoughts on how the conference will go this year?  Will Manchester repeat this year without Wendell?  How about Transy?  Will Franklin re-gain the conference? Defiance?

I have also been hearing about a tremendous freshman class at Hanover.  I would not sleep on Anderson with Hawthrone!  I have been told AU has a good freshman class as well.

It should be interesting to watch. 

HCACBBALL

Anyone out there in HCAC land?  This is a good conference.  Wish there was some more chatter.  Hanover shows some good freshman and soph from Connersville who should be a immediate impact player.

brutus

Interested to see what people see in Hanover...relatively high preseason poll ranking for a bunch of frosh and a questionable returning group.
Could be a wide-open race at the top

M and L

But everyone knows that experience and upperclassmen get you to the post season

HCACBBALL

That might be right.  But I think especially in the women's game you can turn around a program with young players.  Not saying Hanover will win the conference but they have a lot of young talent.

My pick is Anderson, with Hawthorne and Martin.  They should be tough to beat.  We will see tonight vs. Marian.  However I hear Wuethrich is down.  She will be a tough loss.

HCACBBALL

It looks like Coach Prevo is quietly doing a great job at Rose.  He has them at 2-0 in the conference and playing Bluffton on Saturday!

The Manchester/Transy Tilt should be a good one.  I would say that Transy wins this one in a close one.  Manchester is a tough place to play.

We will also see what Franklin is made of by playing a tough opponent in 4-2 North Central from the CCIW.  It is early but we have some good match ups!

HCACBBALL

Wow, not much activity here.  Wednesday should be a big night with Anderson going to Manchester.  I think we know if Manchester is for real if they can pull out of a win.  We will also understand how good Anderson is.  Manchester has to be the toughest place to play in the conference minus any team that has to make the long trip to transy. 

HCACBBALL

IT is hard to believe there are no fans of this great conference.  It looks like we have a race for the top spot with Anderson having 3 loses and Manchester losing to Franklin on Saturday which can them 3 loses.  I think whoever gets the top spot will have a good shot of winning the tournament.  Manchester is a tough place to play.