MBB: State University of New York Athletic Conference

Started by bamm, March 12, 2005, 09:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicman

Brockport State 26 Plattsburgh State 25 at the half.

Sloppy first half of basketball by both teams with 10 turnovers by Plattsburgh and 7 by Brockport. Niether team shooting well low 30% range for both. Plattsburgh led by Shamoy McIntosh with 9 points and Eddie Correa with 6.

Golden Eagles get scoring from 8 different players led by 6 from Levi pace and 5 from Mike Gallagher.

magicman

Updates:

Brockport 45 Plattsburgh 32.  11:22 left to play.  I don't like the looks of this one

Geneseo 59 Potsdam 58     8:37 left in the game.      Go Bears

Oneonta 62 Fredonia 52  3:54 left to play.

No live stats or video for the Buffalo State/New Paltz game. Must be a big black hole in Buffalo. Pull up the live stats link and they give you the women's score from the Buff State/Oneonta game of yesterday. Somebody missed the boat there. 

magicman

Final scores

Geneseo State 82 Potsdam State 70

Oneonta State 66 Fredonia 63

Can I print this in small tiny letters?      Brockport State 71 Plattsburgh State 52

magicman

Final score from the wasteland where there is no internet webcast or live stats.

Buffalo State 95 New Paltz State 89

Bengalsrule

Quote from: magicman on January 24, 2015, 04:37:33 PM

be a big black hole

Final score from the wasteland where there is no internet webcast or live stats.

Buffalo State 95 New Paltz State 89

Wow.   "Wasteland" .....  "black hole" ?????????
I can tell you whatever it is that u want to know.  I had a great seat tonight 👍

Here the stats too............http://www.buffalostateathletics.com/boxscore.aspx?path=mbball&id=2785

magicman

For the second week in a row a Buffalo State player has been chosen as the SUNYAC Player of the Week. Last week it was Rod Epps getting the award. This week it's senior guard Chris Cartwright.

The Bengals are a different team since Cartwright returned and played in his first game on 12-27. They have won 6 straight games, have gone 9-2 with Cartwright in the lineup, and put together the longest winning streak of conference games in the YAC this year with 5 straight victories. Only Oswego has won five straight conference games and they did it by winning 2 back in early December, then played 3 non-conference games, and then won 3 YAC games in January. The Bengals last 5 wins have all been conference foes.

Congratulation to Chris for an outstanding week. Here's the writeup from the SUNYAC website:

Chris Cartwright, Buffalo State

The senior guard averaged 21.0 points and 5.0 assists in three more SUNYAC victories this past week. Cartwright poured in 24 points and added four assists in a 78-61 victory at Fredonia on Tuesday. He added 19 points in a 71-59 win over Oneonta on Friday, and had 20 points and seven assists in a 95-89 win over New Paltz on Saturday. The Bengals are 9-2 since Cartwright joined the team after starting 1-4 in the first semester.

Bengalsrule

Chris Cartwright ....another success story in the making.  If Jordan Glover is " Most Improved player of the year" then Chris has to be the "Comeback player of the year".  It's amazing how this kid has come back after nearly 4 yrs away from the collegiate game. His stats, IMHO, are All-American worthy.

Chris is 3rd in the 'Yac in scoring, 2nd in ft%, 1st in 3 Ptrs per game ( tied with Correa-Plattsburgh), 2nd in assists per game (behind teammate Derrick "Fire" Fernandez), 3rd in assists/turnover ratio & 3 pt fg% and 6th in steals! Not to mention 7th in mins played!

Rod last week and Chris this week! What more can a BENGALs supporter ask for?  I'm just sad that I didn't catch this before Magicman !!!!!😢

Go BENGALS!!👍

magicman

Medaille 85 Fredonia State 75

This game slipped right by me on Tuesday. I looked at Massey earlier in the day and for some reason (probably because it was a makeup game because of a postponement in November) it wasn't on his Tuesday matchups.

Medaille was favored by 11 points and since I've picked against Fredonia all year long I would have had them losing this one by a 77-64 final score.

The Blue Devils tried hard to get their first D3 win of the season as they jumped on the Mavericks early and often, racing out to a 25-15 lead halfway through the first quarter. They eventually stretched that margin to a 20 point 48-28 advantage before they settled for a 49-34 halftime lead. Alas, the Blue Devils couldn't stand all that prosperity, as they only managed to score 26 second half points, while Medaille found their rhythm and put up 51 big ones. Outscored by a nearly 2-1 margin in the half, left Fredonia on the short end of the score, despite their great start. Ian Helps had 24 points and 9 rebounds to lead the way for the Blue Devils. Kyree Hull had 11 points and Max Pearce added 10.

Fredonia falls to 1-14 (0-10 SUNYAC) and will look to break into the conference win column when they travel north to take on Potsdam State on Friday evening at 5:30 PM     

Bengalsrule

My beloved Bengals are getting ready for thier annual ,"north country" jaunt. The Plattsburgh / Potsdam trip is usually the longest ( for any Sunyac school) trip of the season.  Stopped by practice yesterday and the Bengals spirits were good. A couple of players still nursing injuries, but looking better everyday. Last years season ended at Plattsburgh when my Bengals lost a game that they had to win there to go to the playoffs.  A sad day for all involved ( and a loooong bus ride home too).

Here is to wishing them the best.  There won't be a tougher test this Jan than this weekends test.  I'm wondering if Magicman will make the Plattsburgh game?  Me thinks he shall!!!!!!!👍

magicman

Not sure if I can make the game or not. Some guy I know is showing up on Friday and I have to spend some time taking him on a tour of the city. Maybe I can drive fast so I can make the game by halftime.

with age came?

WHAT MAGICMAN NOT IN THE STANDS WHEN HIS CARDS FACE THE BENGALS??????  Who would have thunk it???  Tell your friend that every tour of Plattsburg has to finish at a basketball game??!!  Who knows it might work?? ;D   

magicman

Quote from: with age came? on January 30, 2015, 01:25:08 AM
WHAT MAGICMAN NOT IN THE STANDS WHEN HIS CARDS FACE THE BENGALS??????  Who would have thunk it???  Tell your friend that every tour of Plattsburg has to finish at a basketball game??!!  Who knows it might work?? ;D

It was a joke my friend, as the guy I have to give a tour of the city to, is none other than Bengalsrule. I'm his personal chauffeur whenever he visits Plattsburgh, which I hope will not only be this weekend but also another weekend at the end of February. ;D

Plus K for staying up so late and visiting 3 different boards in the East Region.   

thebear

A warm welcome to the Bengals and Devils this weekend.

-13 tonight, +5 for the high tomorrow and -2 for Saturday night, with Wind Chill Warnings posted.

WIND CHILL READINGS... AS LOW AS 34 BELOW DUE TO TEMPERATURES 16 BELOW TO 6 BELOW ZERO... AND WINDS WEST 5 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH.

Snow and Blowing Snow.

"Just the Facts, Ma'am, Just the Facts"
- Sgt. Joe Friday

magicman

All 10 teams in action today at 5:30 PM.  It's a cold and snowy day here in the North Country. Could be worse though as we could have gotten hit like most of the New England area. 

Buffalo State  at  Plattsburgh State        5:30 PM   The Game of the Week

The rematch between the Cardinals and Bengals should be another closely contested game between the two highest scoring offenses in the SUNYAC. Plattsburgh won the first round in Buffalo by a 94-89 score. Bengals however, now own the longest consecutive win streak in the conference with 5 straight YAC wins. A pair of wins this weekend would likely vault the Bengals from 5th place into 2nd place. Plattsburgh is coming off a poor outing against Brockport State after winning a key matchup against Geneseo. The Cardinals went 3-1 on their two trips to the western part of the state, which is about as good as they've ever done. Now they return home where the friendly confines of Memorial Hall haven't been nearly as hospitable for the Cardinals as it has been in the past. Three of their five losses have come at home and their hopes for hosting the SUNYAC tournament are no longer in their hands as they will need help if they hope to catch YAC leader, Oswego. The Lakers aren't the problem today, however, as Buffalo State will bring an array of weapons to this contest that the Plattsburgh coaching staff has been focused on for the past week. High on the list will be limiting the 3 point shooting that the Bengals bombarded the Cardinals with in Buffalo. Jordan Glover and Chris Cartwright combined to drain 12 buckets from long distance as the Bengals went 13x26. Plattsburgh had 9 three pointers in that game including 6 from Eddie Correa but clearly will have to prevent the Bengals from outscoring them by double digits from the 3 point line.

The oddsmakers have made the home team a 4 point favorite in this one and the over/under is 156 points. I think the Cardinals will defend home court and I'll take the over as the final score should be something like 85-80.         

Oswego State  at  New Paltz State        5:30 PM

Lakers take on the Hawks for the first time this season. Oswego feeling comfortable with a 2 game lead in the loss column. Hawks looking to surprise another team that may be overlooking them. Point spread has Oswego favored by a 6 point margin. I think they win by a few more than that. Oswego 78 New Paltz 69.

Brockport State        Geneseo State        5:30 PM

The Golden Eagles got a big win at home last Saturday, taking down Plattsburgh, now they need a big win on the road. The Knights are not having the success that was anticipated by a veteran team. Both teams are 5-4 in the YAC and the winner will have a leg up for the 6th and final playoff spot. The oddsmakers give the Knights a slight 3 point edge here. I think the Golden Eagles could pull off the upset here so I'll take them to do so by a 75-72 final.                                                 

Cortland State  at  Oneonta State        5:30 PM

The battle of the Red Dragons in their first meeting of the year. The teams split a pair last year with both teams winning on their home court, but Cortland has won 6 of the past 8 matchups. After seeing the Oneonta variety of Red Dragon play in early December I was impressed and thought they would have a much better record  than the 7-8 log they come into this game with. They are currently in 8th place in the YAC and need to win some of these home games if they want to make the     
playoffs. Cortland, after their fine start, dropped 3 conference games in a row but seems to have righted the ship with 4 straight victories, which included big wins over Plattsburgh and Geneseo. Currently tied for 3rd place with New Paltz, these Red Dragons would like to see some separation after the weekend is over. With a pair of wins they could be all alone in 2nd place come Saturday night. The point spread favors Cortland by 6 points but I see this as a must win game for Oneonta. With 1st place Oswego coming to town tomorrow, and in danger of dropping two more games at home, Zack Mager, Frankie Kelly and Mikey McElroy will need to bring their A game today. I think they will as Oneonta's Red Dragons will pull an upset here and grab bragging honors, at least until Feb. 10th. Oneonta takes this one 71-68.

Fredonia State  at  Potsdam State        5:30 PM

Fredonia lost at home to the Bears back on January 10th. The Blue Devils have a young team and need to learn how to win. They have been in a number of games this year only to go through a bad stretch and come up just short. A 1 point loss at Oswego, a 3 point loss against Oneonta and just the other night they had Medaille in a 15 point hole at halftime, only to let the Mavericks escape with a 10 point win when the Blue Devils followed a 49 point 1st half with a 26 point 2nd half. They have yet to beat a Division 3 team and today against Potsdam could be their last chance. The Bears haven't been much better and this may be their last chance to get another W. Potsdam has lost 8 of their last 9 all by double digits, with only the win against Fredonia in that stretch. The point spread favors the home team by a slim 2 point margin. As much as I want the Bears to win this game I think the Blue Devils just might get it done today. I hope I'm wrong on this one but I'll take Fredonia to win by a 70-67 final.     

Bengalsrule

Quote from: magicman on January 30, 2015, 04:58:26 AM
It was a joke my friend, as the guy I have to give a tour of the city to, is none other than Bengalsrule. I'm his personal chauffeur whenever he visits Plattsburgh, which I hope will not only be this weekend but also another weekend at the end of February. ;D

The "tour of the city" was the most exciting 10 min drive I've had this year😃😃😃😃😃😃

The subs at Subway were pretty good too!
Thanks Magicman!!