Empire 8

Started by boobyhasgameyo, March 12, 2005, 12:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bartman

Quote from: fisheralum91 on November 15, 2017, 03:56:45 PM
Ill miss the Hobart- Fisher game but will check in periodically online to check scores....should be a good one!
91....hopefully the basketball season will yield NCAAs berths for these teams....football was a bummer this year, even had to turn to soccer at the end
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Bartman

Hobart up 48-32 at the half
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

fisheralum91

Congrats Bartman,
Either Bart is really good, Fisher is down, or something in the middle, but you guys waxed us.

Bartman

Quote from: fisheralum91 on November 16, 2017, 08:13:27 AM
Congrats Bartman,
Either Bart is really good, Fisher is down, or something in the middle, but you guys waxed us.
   It was more in the middle .......Hobart can play up tempo, no problem, hit 3's (best shooter was only 1-9, but everyone else shot well), have enough bigs to compete and coach recruited some Freshman that made big contributions right away.....this may be the deepest team Hobart has every had ... better than having five 38 minute wonders and a couple of guys specializing in giving fouls at the end of a tight game...I think Fisher was kinda surprised by Hobart's speed,maybe believed their #19 ranking, shot poorly to start ,got behind and couldn't claw all the way back......and both teams had 20+ turnovers....It was evident that Fisher is a very talented team and it will be a much better season than the gridiron, for sure...good luck
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

fisheralum91

Quote from: Bartman on November 16, 2017, 10:48:00 AM
Congrats Bartman,
   It was more in the middle .......Hobart can play up tempo, no problem, hit 3's (best shooter was only 1-9, but everyone else shot well), have enough bigs to compete and coach recruited some Freshman that made big contributions right away.....this may be the deepest team Hobart has every had ... better than having five 38 minute wonders and a couple of guys specializing in giving fouls at the end of a tight game...I think Fisher was kinda surprised by Hobart's speed,maybe believed their #19 ranking, shot poorly to start ,got behind and couldn't claw all the way back......and both teams had 20+ turnovers....It was evident that Fisher is a very talented team and it will be a much better season than the gridiron, for sure...good luck

Killing me
*face palm

Bartman

Quote from: fisheralum91 on November 16, 2017, 10:49:40 AM
Quote from: Bartman on November 16, 2017, 10:48:00 AM
Congrats Bartman,

Killing me
*face palm
Thoughtless, unintended cruelty...my apologies
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

fisheralum91

I actually laughed....No apologies needed......................The coaching staff on the other hand................ >:(

Bartman

So Dan Masino, Freshman Guard scores 19 against Fisher and makes some timely steals....his Father Mike , Hobart 88, is in the Hobart Hall of Fame and has the single season scoring record and his grandfather , Al Masino, was a professional player in his day....not sure Hobart would have gotten this Fairport talent unless his Dad was a Hobart grad....BTW, his Dad's first game senior year was against Fisher, and Dad's team lost...the kid has an edge over the old man already...Dan is wearing Mike's #20...kinda cool
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

I'm out in Ohio for the Great Lakes Invitational, so I'll get to see SJF twice this weekend.  There's a lot of transition there, so I'm not surprised if there's a slow start.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Bartman on November 16, 2017, 10:51:27 PM
So Dan Masino, Freshman Guard scores 19 against Fisher and makes some timely steals....his Father Mike , Hobart 88, is in the Hobart Hall of Fame and has the single season scoring record and his grandfather , Al Masino, was a professional player in his day....not sure Hobart would have gotten this Fairport talent unless his Dad was a Hobart grad....BTW, his Dad's first game senior year was against Fisher, and Dad's team lost...the kid has an edge over the old man already...Dan is wearing Mike's #20...kinda cool

Man, I just read his bio, that guy was All-World...in high school. Hobart has such a young team and he started and played 32 minutes. Not sure if that will hold up, but he did that against a ranked team. I added him to my Keeper League, so I hope it wasn't a one-hit (game) wonder!
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

fisheralum91

Hoops fan,
Keep the old alumni up to speed on how Fisher looks against some good competition!
And yes transition is a good word.  Good core of guys but missing Rob and Keegan for sure!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

So, they won the first game while only playing one decent half.  They lost the second, but I thought they played better throughout.  The team is good and deep, but they're going to struggle if a team with size had the speed to run with them.  Hope was willing to play fast and had a good inside-outside game working.

I think Fisher is really strong, better than I expected.  I'll leave this weekend with very high expectations for their season.  Just by the way they play, there may be some bad losses, but I think it's a team no one will want to face.  Matchup problems all over the place and they'll just run you to death and be really physical.

fisheralum91

Thank you for the insight!
Hoping that they rebound and fare better as the season goes on!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: fisheralum91 on November 20, 2017, 08:30:25 AM
Thank you for the insight!
Hoping that they rebound and fare better as the season goes on!

It's a good team and they're still down a few injuries, right?  I didn't see Sausville at all.

fisheralum91

Unsure of that situation- just want him back on the court!