MBB: Northwest Conference

Started by The Show, March 06, 2005, 08:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Buc Forever

Looks like the league will end up about like it was last year--at least at the end of the first round.  I am assuming PLU and UPS both go winless against the Bucs and the Missionaries (love that name).  So it will be WW, WM, LC, and PLU/UPS. Is LC getting better as their two sport guy gets back into basketball shape?  Maybe they will peak in the tournament like last year. We'll see.

blackhawks4

Quote from: A Buc Forever on January 18, 2016, 01:46:19 AM
I am assuming PLU and UPS both go winless against the Bucs and the Missionaries (love that name).

I wouldn't make this assumption.

A Buc Forever

Quote from: blackhawks4 on January 18, 2016, 12:28:52 PM
Quote from: A Buc Forever on January 18, 2016, 01:46:19 AM
I am assuming PLU and UPS both go winless against the Bucs and the Missionaries (love that name).

I wouldn't make this assumption.

Why? Do you think this is the weekend WM loses focus and drops one to an underdog?

(509)Rat

Chalk on the east side tonight

Whitworth beats PLU 93-62 and Whitman was up 20+ on UPS last time I checked...

D O.C.

Forest Grove over Palantine Hill in 3 OT 80-77.

(509)Rat

And there it is, Whitman loses at home to a team that had no business beating them.

PLU 79-74

Whitworth is up by 23 with a minute left.

wildcat11

Nice weekend sweep for the 'Cats.

D O.C.

I'll interpret that as another road victory in Forest grove making that record 9-8?
AND! the #1 team in the country is in the NWC!

Pinecone_Curtain

Quote from: (509)Rat on January 23, 2016, 10:56:10 PM
And there it is, Whitman loses at home to a team that had no business beating them.

I thought the yearly stinker for WM would be at LC, but alas, it was at home against PLU. Guess Blackhawk was right about not sweeping the Tacoma schools. WM will beat WW in W2, but WW will win out the rest for another 15-1 NWC 'ship. WM will once again finish a game back at 14-2. Wish I could have made the games, but the pass was shut down all day Thursday when I was going to come over. Props as always to the WW guys for their streaming. Love that we can watch anyone in the conference now every night.

Now that we are half-way through the NWC schedule, any surprises? Predictions? Midseason awards? My mid-season MVP is George Valle because even though he's overlooked for Love and Jurlina, he's the unsung guy who is quietly top 5 in the NWC in both points and rebounds (and top 14 in assists).

A Buc Forever

Not sure we can blame the WM loss to WM being up and down.  PLU is the up and down team.  How do they lose to LF and beat WM in W2?  Anyway, congrats to PLU for a big win and LF too.  LF is winning more games than I predicted. 

Pinecone,

I'm betting my heart, but I think WW beats WM in W2.  This is the Bucs year.  Undefeated season, win the conference tournament, and they make the final four.  Those are my my predictions.

D O.C.

Oh! Don't quit at the final four.
Take it all the way with your prediction.
Remember, no rings for final four, only National Championships.

I do not predict. Some people are thinking 2 more wins in league for "LF" and The Shan will receive COY.

blackhawks4

Quote from: Pinecone_Curtain on January 24, 2016, 02:18:00 AM
Quote from: (509)Rat on January 23, 2016, 10:56:10 PM

I thought the yearly stinker for WM would be at LC, but alas, it was at home against PLU.

At the end of the day, all that matters is the W or L.  But let's not forget that WW was one inch...literally one inch away from being 7-1 when Willamette missed the game winner.  Going 16-0 or 15-1 is no easy task. 

With that ^ said, WW is the epitome of consistency, and WMN isn't there yet.  PLU took open shots all night.  They broke the pressure, leaving WMN's defense scrambling and rotating, and anytime PLU missed an open look, WMN's d was so out of position that PLU had easy offensive boards.  Oboards was the difference in the game.

Guess Blackhawk was right about not sweeping the Tacoma schools. WM will beat WW in W2, but WW will win out the rest for another 15-1 NWC 'ship. WM will once again finish a game back at 14-2.

Agree.

Props as always to the WW guys for their streaming. Love that we can watch anyone in the conference now every night.

They are awesome.

Now that we are half-way through the NWC schedule, any surprises? Predictions? Midseason awards?

Jurlina is MVP.  Love and Valle first team.  Howell first team, IMO McDonald or Austin Butler for WMN...and who really cares about the other spot?  PLU's lefty guard looked tough last night, but we can give it to Luedtke because I actually think Willamette will end up with a better record. 

A Buc Forever

UPS over PLU

PLU is now the official up and down team in the NWC!!!!

Congrats to UPS. 

wildcat11

So tonight is the night Linfield takes down #1?  :o

(509)Rat