BB: WIAC: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by BDB, December 30, 2005, 09:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigPoppa

I think this is a great move for Oshkosh... And a HUGE loss for North Park.

Big question: Where does Lechnir land?
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

cubs

Quote from: BigPoppa on September 07, 2013, 07:50:23 PM

Big question: Where does Lechnir land?
Doubt anywhere....  Don't see him uprooting his family at this point.
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

cubs

It will be interesting to see what UWO's roster looks like next year.  Guess there were a couple of transfers after Coach Lechnir's appeal was denied. 

ShineTime

Anyone leave Oshkosh for point?  I'm curious to hear about who point is bringing in.  I'm planning on going to their fall game this year so hopefully ill have an update.  Keeping my fingers crossed that they have a great catcher
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

cubs

Quote from: ShineTime on September 08, 2013, 08:02:02 AM
Anyone leave Oshkosh for point?  I'm curious to hear about who point is bringing in.  I'm planning on going to their fall game this year so hopefully ill have an update.  Keeping my fingers crossed that they have a great catcher
Not that I know of....  I know that Messenger has left Point and transferred to Oshkosh however.

badgerwarhawk

"Just think twice is my only advice."

ShineTime

Holy crap why did messenger leave point?  That's a huge loss
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

cubs

Quote from: ShineTime on September 09, 2013, 11:16:54 PM
Holy crap why did messenger leave point?  That's a huge loss
I take it you missed my mention of this earlier this summer?

Not sure as to why he is transferring, and not going to speculate......

ShineTime

I didn't notice that you put Titan on there.  It's been one of the worst days of my life today point just lost potentially one of the best pitchers ever to take the field in the Wiac.  Was getting to the World Series as a freshman not good enough very odd situation. 
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

cubs

Quote from: ShineTime on September 10, 2013, 09:47:22 PM
I didn't notice that you put Titan on there.  It's been one of the worst days of my life today point just lost potentially one of the best pitchers ever to take the field in the Wiac.  Was getting to the World Series as a freshman not good enough very odd situation.
1.  If having a player transfer to another school causes you to have "one of the worst days of your life" you have one heck of a life!!!  There are people out there who lose loved ones at a young age, are unable to provide for their families, or are diagnosed with critical illnesses that have things a lot rougher than you.

2.  A guy with TWO career WIAC victories has a LONG way to go before he belongs in a conversation of "best pitchers to ever take the field in the WIAC."

tomt4525

Quote from: ShineTime on September 10, 2013, 09:47:22 PM

Messenger is a loss but leave it to you to overreact like normal....Point has the last two WIAC pitchers of the year returning for this season along with some solid arms in the bullpen, I'm sure they will be fine.  I'd be more worried about the lineup considering the production they lost from last season.

badgerwarhawk

Messenger....worst possible thing that could happen to the Pointers.  Dooms them to a bottom half finish.  It will take years for the Pointers to recover from the loss.  They may never see another conference championship in this century. 

Is this drastic enough? 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

Just Bill

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on September 11, 2013, 09:59:19 AM
Messenger....worst possible thing that could happen to the Pointers.  Dooms them to a bottom half finish.  It will take years for the Pointers to recover from the loss.  They may never see another conference championship in this century. 

Is this drastic enough?
I'm sorry. Was it my week to make sure ShineTime was taking his meds? We really need to make a calendar.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: BigPoppa on September 07, 2013, 07:50:23 PM

I think that NPU will be okay. Kevin Tomasiewicz was a very solid pitching coach and associate head coach. But Luke Johnson's lost assistant coaches to other schools before, and the program has still thrived. If the Vikings had to lose a pitching coach, this is probably the year to do it, as NPU will be putting a very experienced and senior-dominated staff on the bump this coming season. I'm very curious to see who Luke will hire to take T's place, though, especially since this is a somewhat unusual time of year to be hiring an assistant coach.

Best of luck to T as he takes over what sounds like a pretty tumultuous situation at UWO.

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

cubs

Looks like Coach Lechnir found a nice landing spot following his non-renewal....

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/9/prweb11122732.htm

Wouldn't be surprised to see some college games played there next Spring with the way the Wisconsin weather is....