FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiacMan

Quote from: MUC57 on June 18, 2018, 10:20:06 AM
MiacMan

Don't tell your sons-in-law that you have been chatting with a fan from the team that beat them both of those years.
Hope you had a good Father's Day. You certainly have a few things going on. Best to ya! ☠🏈

Oh I won't. I want my daughters to stay launched. However, in my toast, I do plan to mention the fact that they both lost and so I really can't favor one over the other! I'll have my youngest playing for the Tommie's (I should say he'll be on the roster anyway, a freshman this fall) maybe he can get it done sometime in the next four years.

MUC57

MiacMan

Wow! Sounds like you have a great family. I'm envious. Haven't seen my son (only child) in 20 years. I have a 17 year old grandson I've never seen. I'm in Ohio, they're in Florida. But life goes on!
You really do have a Tommie connection. Well in that case, best to them. Go Tommies. Yeah, you know the rest. Hey, did you know Milwaukee's Best has a 15 pack? At our local store, it costs $6.99. In fact, I think I'll have one. Here's to ya! ☠🏈🍻
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

MiacMan

Quote from: MUC57 on June 18, 2018, 11:05:42 AM

MiacMan

Wow! Sounds like you have a great family. I'm envious. Haven't seen my son (only child) in 20 years. I have a 17 year old grandson I've never seen. I'm in Ohio, they're in Florida. But life goes on!
You really do have a Tommie connection. Well in that case, best to them. Go Tommies. Yeah, you know the rest. Hey, did you know Milwaukee's Best has a 15 pack? At our local store, it costs $6.99. In fact, I think I'll have one. Here's to ya! ☠🏈🍻

They have it in 30-packs in Wisconsin (Home of the famous BDB) I wanted to serve it at the wedding but the Mother of the Bride (Mrs. MiacMan) put the Kibosh on that plan! I couldn't even get her go along with a Hamm's plan!

MUC57

MiacMan

We have the 30 packs here also. The 15 packs came out a couple of weeks ago. Sounds like you need to educate Mrs. MiacMan. Tell her an alumnus from the 13 time national champion actually prefers this beer. Don't tell her I buy it because it's cheap. On second thought, never mind. Well, here I go -
Go Tommies! Go Raiders! Oh hell, Go Everybody! ☠🏈😄🍺
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

jamtod

I'm jonesing for some real football banter so bad I went back and looked at Tommie-Johnnie week discussions from a few years back.

2013 to be precise. Shame they had to end that game after the 3rd Quarter and didn't get to play a full game that day. That partial game plus the loss to #1 rival Bethel kept UST out of the playoffs that year, I guess it didn't look good to the tournament committee.

art76

Jamto and others, - it's not MIAC football banter - but I did run across some video about a week ago I found pretty good on You Tube. It's a series about pro football players and coaches called "A Football Life - ...", where the ellipsis has a name like Walter Payton, etc. So far, the ones I've looked at have been pretty balanced.
You don't have a soul. You are a soul.
You have a body. - C.S. Lewis

MiacMan

Quote from: art76 on June 19, 2018, 04:04:00 PM
Jamto and others, - it's not MIAC football banter - but I did run across some video about a week ago I found pretty good on You Tube. It's a series about pro football players and coaches called "A Football Life - ...", where the ellipsis has a name like Walter Payton, etc. So far, the ones I've looked at have been pretty balanced.

"A Football Life" is a great series, almost as good as ESPN's 30 for 30 series. I saw the one on Ray Lewis. Boy, that Dude was a Bad-A__! I'm a friend of Matt Birk's and I asked him what it was like being in that pre-game huddle around Ray Lewis and he said it was the "scariest 30secs. of his life"

miac952

Quote from: MiacMan on June 20, 2018, 08:57:55 AM
Quote from: art76 on June 19, 2018, 04:04:00 PM

"A Football Life" is a great series, almost as good as ESPN's 30 for 30 series. I saw the one on Ray Lewis. Boy, that Dude was a Bad-A__! I'm a friend of Matt Birk's and I asked him what it was like being in that pre-game huddle around Ray Lewis and he said it was the "scariest 30secs. of his life"

Did Matt have any insights on where Ray's white suit ended up?

I struggle when Ray is preaching to the current generation of NFL'ers about behavior on ESPN. Aside from the fact that he is just a really bad commentator.

MiacMan

"Did Matt have any insights on where Ray's white suit ended up?"

"I struggle when Ray is preaching to the current generation of NFL'ers about behavior on ESPN. Aside from the fact that he is just a really bad commentator."

Oh I get it, 952, I'm in the same camp. I didn't go there on the suit thing with Matt and I guess I try to look at it that he appears to have straightened himself out? I am hoping that maybe it's one of those things like "If I can do it, you certainly can" But there are many out there similar to Lewis, ie. Randy Moss and Michael Irvin to name two.

miac952

Quote from: MiacMan on June 20, 2018, 12:47:03 PM

"I struggle when Ray is preaching to the current generation of NFL'ers about behavior on ESPN. Aside from the fact that he is just a really bad commentator."

Oh I get it, 952, I'm in the same camp. I didn't go there on the suit thing with Matt and I guess I try to look at it that he appears to have straightened himself out? I am hoping that maybe it's one of those things like "If I can do it, you certainly can" But there are many out there similar to Lewis, ie. Randy Moss and Michael Irvin to name two.

agree. I was just being a little cynical on Ray Lewis.

Moss had his issues, so did Cris Carter at the beginning of his career, Irvin and others. None of them however, were an accessory to murder. The facts are undisputed that his entourage stabbed and killed two people in the midst of a scuffle outside a nightclub. I would imagine it would be difficult to reconcile being a teammate of Ray Lewis or Big Ben. Some of the facts are heinous,  regardless of what they plead down to or where the courts landed. It would be tough for me if I was a co-worker in that situation.

MiacMan

Agreed. Which is exactly why it was the scariest 30 seconds of Birk's life. Based on Lewis' history, I am sure nobody was willing to stand-up and tell him to shut-up but I am sure many would have liked too.

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: MiacMan on June 20, 2018, 12:47:03 PM

I don't much like either Randy Moss or Michael Irvin but as best I can remember neither has been involved in a murder.   Ray Lewis is scum.
"Just think twice is my only advice."

OzJohnnie

I hardly watched NFL last year. YouTube highlights and box scores for the most part.
[  

wm4

Quote from: jamtoTommie on June 19, 2018, 03:56:35 PM
I'm jonesing for some real football banter so bad I went back and looked at Tommie-Johnnie week discussions from a few years back.

2013 to be precise. Shame they had to end that game after the 3rd Quarter and didn't get to play a full game that day. That partial game plus the loss to #1 rival Bethel kept UST out of the playoffs that year, I guess it didn't look good to the tournament committee.

Remember that game well...my web stream went out at the end of the 3rd quarter too.  Thanks for the update, yeah, shame they couldn't play full game.   

art76

Shameless plug for all the Bethel posters to sign up soon: http://www.d3football.com/notables/2018/06/order-kickoff-2018-now

"That's where you come in. On July 1, we'll take a look at which schools have had the most fans subscribe to Kickoff 2018 and make sure we have feature stories about them!"

We return you to your regularly scheduled programming...
You don't have a soul. You are a soul.
You have a body. - C.S. Lewis