MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pgkevin

Quote from: Gregory Sager on January 17, 2019, 11:56:47 AM
Quote from: mwunder on January 17, 2019, 11:31:12 AM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on January 17, 2019, 11:20:08 AM
Doesn't look like a foul. They're just holding hands.

Hand's part of the ball.

... except that there's no ball. Francis has already released it.

Quote from: Titan Q on January 17, 2019, 11:33:39 AM
Quote from: Marmac on January 17, 2019, 10:52:15 AM
Fwiw, with Wheaton trailing by 2 in the final seconds, Francis appeared to be fouled on a 3-point attempt. No call. Augie secured the rebound, got fouled, and made both free throws.

I think Augie fans could probably make some screen shots too from last night's game though.  I watched a good portion of the game out of the corner of my eye (while watching IWU/EC) and just kept thinking, "Wow they are really letting them play at Wheaton."  There were a few plays on Augie's end with a lot of contact with no whistle.

That "really letting them play" scenario almost always works in Augie's favor, though, because more often than not Augie is the most physical team in the league.

Quote from: Titan Q on January 17, 2019, 11:33:39 AMObviously natural to zero in on that one huge shot attempt...but you also have to look at the context of the entire game.

OK, Augie fans, time to see your screen shots. We've got two more days until the next set of games, and that's a lot of time to kill. ;)

Or we could go back to analyzing everyone's quotes that they use as signatures/bylines.

Gregory Sager

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Borganization

In bigger news from the Augie/Wheaton game: Grey kept the jacket on for 15+ minutes.

WUPHF

Quote from: Borganization on January 17, 2019, 01:18:19 PM
In bigger news from the Augie/Wheaton game: Grey kept the jacket on for 15+ minutes.

The German media has a video feed that focuses solely on Joachim Löw during the World Cup matches.

I really think we need one for Grey.

The entire game.

Gregory Sager

Grey was born to have his own camera. His antics are occasionally more interesting than the game itself, especially when he becomes particularly animated, abandons the usual one-foot stomping, and starts doing one of those little spontaneous dances he's also known for.

A Schauercam at Wheaton games might be fun, too, but you'd need a camera operator diligent enough to pan back and forth as he stalks from one end of the bench to the other -- especially if he gets really upset and makes that rare pretend-to-storm-out-of-the-gym-altogether maneuver.

A camera on Bosko would be no fun, but a decibel meter might be. The man's bellow can cut through the biggest, noisiest crowd, which I've always felt is an underrated asset among his coaching skills. His voice projects better than, um ... better than an Illinois Wesleyan opera singer's. :D
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

WUPHF

Schauercam, that is awesome.

Giovanine-stream!  I got nothing on that.

mwunder

Hand's part of the ball.

It's called a quip...I know you've heard the term before.  Fact is...it wasn't called and the picture doesn't prove anything.

lmitzel

Quote from: Gregory Sager on January 17, 2019, 03:21:46 PM
Grey was born to have his own camera. His antics are occasionally more interesting than the game itself, especially when he becomes particularly animated, abandons the usual one-foot stomping, and starts doing one of those little spontaneous dances he's also known for.

A Schauercam at Wheaton games might be fun, too, but you'd need a camera operator diligent enough to pan back and forth as he stalks from one end of the bench to the other -- especially if he gets really upset and makes that rare pretend-to-storm-out-of-the-gym-altogether maneuver.

A camera on Bosko would be no fun, but a decibel meter might be. The man's bellow can cut through the biggest, noisiest crowd, which I've always felt is an underrated asset among his coaching skills. His voice projects better than, um ... better than an Illinois Wesleyan opera singer's. :D

As long as the Grey/Schauer/Bosko Cam involves them being mic'd up, I'm all for it.

Regarding Bosko, he was pretty loud last night, but he was also good for a couple nuggets within earshot. There was one play in the second half where Kienan Baltimore took some contact and fell over under the basket but nothing was called, and on his way up the floor he was talking to the ref about it, with the ref telling him he flopped (or at least that's what I got lip reading from the opposite sideline). Shortly after this, Bosko was making a comparison with a Cardinal player (I didn't catch who, but I have a guess) saying they both flop and they could be related. Later, a fan sitting behind me asked Bosko if he remembered him. Bosko replied that he tried to forget with a grin on his face.

I mean, it's not Paul Combs chirping about a towel, but it's something.
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

GoPerry

Quote from: mwunder on January 17, 2019, 05:10:16 PM

Hand's part of the ball.

It's called a quip...I know you've heard the term before.  Fact is...it wasn't called and the picture doesn't prove anything.

Just watched it.  It's as clean of a look as Francis ever gets - can't complain - he just missed it.  And it kind of helps explain why they (or he) would shoot the trey when a deuce would've tied it.  He took the shot with 10 secs left. 

Gregory Sager

Quote from: mwunder on January 17, 2019, 05:10:16 PM

Hand's part of the ball.

It's called a quip...I know you've heard the term before.

Twenty-odd years on the Internet has gotten me used to relying upon emojis for my quip cues. ;)

Greek Tragedy

sarcasm is hard to figure out online, sometimes most of the time.  ???
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

kiko

Quote from: WUPHF on January 17, 2019, 05:09:12 PM

The marketing tagline has to be something like "Covering Double-G better than a cheap sportscoat".  I'm not sure that's exactly right, but there's definitely something to work with there...  :D

voxelmhurst

Quote from: kiko on January 18, 2019, 01:05:10 AM

The marketing tagline has to be something like "Covering Double-G better than a cheap sportscoat".  I'm not sure that's exactly right, but there's definitely something to work with there...  :D

The moment he throws off the jacket MUST be sponsored. Also need a studio panel during the pre-game predicting when this will occur and keeping a running tally throughout the season.

lmitzel

Quote from: voxelmhurst on January 18, 2019, 11:47:53 AM

The moment he throws off the jacket MUST be sponsored. Also need a studio panel during the pre-game predicting when this will occur and keeping a running tally throughout the season.

For what it's worth, I run the unofficial official Jacket Pool when Augie comes to Naperville every year. Last year I think I got like 7 or 8 people to give me a time when it would come off, with our SID winning, but good times were had by all.
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

Gregory Sager

Quote from: voxelmhurst on January 18, 2019, 11:47:53 AM

The moment he throws off the jacket MUST be sponsored.

"Just like that old sportscoat, that old car is worth money! Call Victory Auto Wreckers at 630-860-2000 for a quote!"