2018 Adrian Regional: Nicolay Field , Adrian, Mich (hosted by Adrian)

Started by Ralph Turner, May 07, 2018, 01:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Acula

Wabash couldn't have scripted this much better.

As for the ad, someone from D3.com pointed it out to Adrian on the stream comments yesterday.  They were trying to disable it.

Dr. Acula

Parsons threw 143 pitches against Otterbein last night.  Yikes.

wally_wabash

Quote from: Dr. Acula on May 18, 2018, 11:35:10 AM
Wabash couldn't have scripted this much better.

Trouble brewing in the 8th here.  A better script would not include 15 LOB through 7 innings.  Marietta is within shouting distance here and there have been a lot of missed chances for Wabash this morning.   
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

wally_wabash

Wabash hangs on and eliminates Marietta 4-2.  Cody Cochran was fantastic on the hill.  I believe he retired 10 in a row before he got into trouble in the 8th.  The Little Giants get the loser of LaRoche/Adrian tomorrow afternoon.  Awesome to see Wabash win (at least) one in this regional. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

JFPIV

A lot of baseball to be played today in Adrian.  Hope it stays dry!

GO WABASH!

Mr. Ypsi

I haven't checked the forecast for Adrian, but I live only about 40 miles away and we're supposed to have thunderstorms off-and-on all afternoon.  They may get some games in, but expect delays and perhaps some washouts.

Dr. Acula

Tough showing for the OAC.  Etta is young so I wasn't expecting a deep run, but Otterbein had the lead late in both games and couldn't close it out.  That extra inning loss yesterday was painful.  Up a run with 2 down and a runner on first and you don't close it out.  Ouch.

wally_wabash

Wabash eliminates LaRoche 8-5 this evening.  Wabash scored 6 in the first and led comfortably for the next 7 innings.  Things got a little squirrelly in 9th, but LaRoche just ran out of outs to play with.  Wabash will play Ithaca tomorrow as the Bombers eliminated Shenandoah earlier in the day. 

JFPIV

So, we need three today.  I better get my arm ready.   ;D

ADL70

I kinda recall a rule that a team couldn't play three in one day.  So if Bash beats Ithaca and Adrian the game with Wooster would be Monday.  I think
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

Ralph Turner

Quote from: ADL70 on May 20, 2018, 11:28:31 AM
I kinda recall a rule that a team couldn't play three in one day.  So if Bash beats Ithaca and Adrian the game with Wooster would be Monday.  I think
I wondered the same thing.

This year's weather is making the case to move to the Super Regional format.

Dr. Acula

wally_wabash