WBB: Coast-To-Coast Athletic Conference

Started by Clint Often, February 16, 2005, 03:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swish3

I don't want to take anything from Southern Virginia, but CNU was absolutely abysmal from the field last night...obviously, the Knights had something to do w/that, but 17-67 overall and 3-23 from three is tough to overcome.  It's hard to believe CNU led by 14 in the second quarter and lost the lead in the waning minutes...a credit to their defense, I suppose.  Oh well, w/their youth, some growing pains are to be expected...got to have a short memory and get ready for PS-H at home on Saturday.

GO LADY CAPS!

Jess simply has to do more in big games, ronk...8 and 5 isn't good enough from CNU's lone, experienced big.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

I thought the SVU defense has a lot to do with the poor shooting.  CNU got very few open shots, although they also missed a lot of transition layups.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Swish3

I didn't see much of the game, but it had to be a combination of good defense and an off shooting night...as you mentioned, though, CNU missed some close ones that contributed to those lousy percentages...I think they win the rematch in Newport News.

bbald eagle

The season's shaping up to be more of a free for all than expected.

Swish3

There's been a bbald eagle sighting! ;)

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Suddenly the end of January is upon us! Where has the season gone? We are past the halfway point, conference action is now in it's second go-around (for most), and the matter of regional rankings and conference tournaments is becoming more real.

Teams who have had unbelievable starts, but have not faltered, are now in the spotlight. The question is no longer "can they keep this up?" But rather, the question has become, "how did they get this good?" Tonight, we ask versions of that last question.

Thursday on Hoopsville, We will hear from St. Thomas who hasn't been the MIAC dominator the last few years, but is back on top in a far more competitive conference. Oswego men have already knocked the SUNYAC boss, Plattsburgh off the pedestal. And Southern Virginia women have startled the entire conference. We find out how a first-year coach with no Division III experience has shocked everyone.

Plus, we chat with Oberlin's women's coach who has not only preached diversity, but created an environment for his program and the conference that reiterates open and safe environments. It has also thrust the team high into the NCAC race.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. Thursday's edition will air live starting at 7:00 p.m. ET here: http://bit.ly/2FXlhXN (or via Facebook Live and Periscope simulcasts).

If you have questions about Division III basketball, feel free to send them and we will answer them on a the show. Email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com or use any of the social media below.

Guests Schedule (order subject to change):
- John Tauer, No. 7 St. Thomas men's coach
- Jason Leone, Oswego State men's coach
- Kerry Jenkins, Oberlin women's coach (WBCA Center Court)
- Matt Wardenburg, Southern Virginia women's coach
- James Wagner, CSAC Assistant Commissioner (NCAA Convention report)

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Swish3

Another "not so good" loss for CNU...w/o much of an inside presence, they really struggle to score when they're off.  They scored 45 points in the first half and 13 in the second...got to be more consistent than that.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The Hoopsville Marathon Show ... is tomorrow!

Tune in starting at 12:00 p.m. ET as we talk to guests from around the country about nothing but #d3hoops.

It is all about celebrating the season, student-athletes, coaches, and an exciting season.

For more information, click here: http://bit.ly/2HGx0N3

We will share more about the show a little later.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Swish3

Much like the men, the CNU women were able to pull away from UMW in the second half...I'd really like to see the Lady Captains develop an inside game moving forward.

GO LADY CAPS! 

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

CNU85

CNU wins conference! An impressive team effort and superb coaching. 10Freshmen on this team!  20 wins!

Swish3

Quote from: CNU85 on February 16, 2019, 06:07:39 PM
CNU wins conference! An impressive team effort and superb coaching. 10Freshmen on this team!  20 wins!

Agreed...even though the conference wasn't as strong this year, a very nice accomplishment and testament to the program!

GO LADY CAPS!

Swish3

I think CNU's Fan has a good shot at CAC rookie of the year...hope she gets it!

CNU85

Quote from: Swish3 on February 18, 2019, 10:08:00 AM
I think CNU's Fan has a good shot at CAC rookie of the year...hope she gets it!

I would think she is in the running. 10.6 PPG, second on team to only the senior Jessica. Has 58 steals. Plays solid D.