Hoopsville: Division III Basketball's Talk Show

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, January 07, 2011, 05:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Yep... trust me... there were plenty of conversations about that screw up... but it wasn't because the women didn't know the "rule."
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

ronk

Just viewed the Kelsey Murphy segment - valuable for players, parents, and coaches. Kelsey was the 1st one I tried to interest in my alma mater 4 years ago. Best wishes to Kelsey, Neale, and Coach Witman.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Tonight on Hoopsville we will recap the sectional weekend of basketball action and start previewing the championship weekend in Salem, Vir. and Stevens Point, Wis. Here are the guests you will hear from tonight:

- Williams head coach Mike Maker and senior center Mike Mayer
- Illinois Wesleyan head coach Ron Rose
- UW-Whitewater siblings Alex and Mary Merg
- Tufts senior forward Liz Moynihan

Pat Coleman will also join us to talk about what he saw this weekend and the tournament so far and we will announce the All-Region teams!

Show starts at 7 PM ET and will run until about 9:00 tonight.

You can tune in here: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2013-14/mar16

Don't forget you can ask us or our guests questions via social media:
- Twitter (@d3hoopsville and #Hoopsville)
- Facebook (www.facebook.com/Hoopsville)
- Email (hoopsville@d3hoops.com)

Thanks and enjoy the show!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

It may be summer time, but that doesn't mean we aren't busy at Hoopsville... in fact we have finished the scheduling of the third annual Hoopsville National Invitational Classic to take part once again thanks to the incredible efforts of Stevenson University. The tournament will be November 21-23 with three games Friday, four games Saturday, and three games Sunday. Here is more information and the pairings: www.d3hoops.com/notables/2014/06/hoopsville-classic-pairings-announced.

We are already chatting with teams about 2015's event!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Hey... we need your help! We are looking for some ideas as we rebuild the Hoopsville studio. Find out why we are rebuilding and how you can help here: http://www.d3blogs.com/d3hoops/2014/07/14/rebuilding-hoopsvilles-studio/. Then, share your ideas with us! We look forward to hearing them.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I was challenged today by Luke Stillson at McDaniel College. In turn, I challenged a few people in Division III :-)
http://youtu.be/FJpfuZw8ZbU

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The new season of Hoopsville is here! We debut on Thursday at 7:00 PM ET. Here are a few videos to see what we are up to:

Season debut tease: http://youtu.be/79p1pA9P1xU
Help Rebuilding the Studio: http://youtu.be/79p1pA9P1xU

KnightSlappy

Probably impossible to get a committee member on record, but I think it would be interesting to have one rank each fiction team in the following three regions number 1-4 (ties OK), given WP / SOS (assuming all other criteria are equal).

Region 1
0.8000   /   0.5000
0.7500   /   0.5167
0.7000   /   0.5333
0.6500   /   0.5500

Region 2
0.8000   /   0.5000
0.7500   /   0.5250
0.7000   /   0.5500
0.6500   /   0.5750

Region 3
0.8000   /   0.5000
0.7500   /   0.5500
0.7000   /   0.6000
0.6500   /   0.6500

Maybe I'll set up a Google form and ask board members their opinion on something like this. It's interesting to me to see how people view WP and SOS together.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I realize not as many people seem to check this thread as the work probably says I should do here, but since the 13th season of Hoopsville debuts tonight... I figured I would post.

"The off-season is over. The basketball season has arrived, but it can't start without Hoopsville hitting the air! Tune in tonight as Dave talks to the two preseason number one teams, touches base with a major coaching change, checks in with the men's basketball National Committee chair, and previews the Northeast Region.

Show starts at 7PM ET! www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2015-16/nov12

Guests include:
- Grey Giovanine, head coach for #1 Augustana men
- Jeff Hans, head coach for #1 Thomas More women
- Brian Van Haaften, men's basketball committee chair and head coach for Buena Vista
- Trevor Woodruff, head coach for Scranton women
- Matt Noonan, Northeast Regional Reporter"

You can also catch up on the Hoopsville New Rules Special we did and published yesterday. We chatted with:
- Bill Raleigh, Southwestern Assistant Athletic Director and former men's basketball coach along with being on the men's rules committee
- Brad Duckworth, Alverno Athletic Director and women's head coach along with being the current chair of the women's rules committee
- Tim Fitzpatrick, Coast Guard Athletic Director

You can watch or listen to that show here: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2015-16/rules-special

AND BIG NEWS... Hoopsville has added Sunday shows to this year's November and December schedule. That means the show will air Thursdays and Sundays from the beginning of the season until the end. Each show will air at 7pm ET (unless noted) with a few shows in November and December being canceled due to holidays or other responsibilities (i.e. Gagliari Trophy and Stagg Bowl Week).

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
SoundCloud (podcast): www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
YouTube:

KnightSlappy

Dave, do you have an RSS feed link for the Soundcloud audio so I can add it to my podcasting app?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I will have to look into that... not sure where to find it to be honest.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The basketball season has started for most. Quirky schedules means some have not hit the hardwood as of yet. Tonight, Dave will talk to some who have started, some who have not, and some who are still getting used to new coaches.

Hoopsville new early season Sunday shows debuts tonight at 7 PM ET! You can watch the show here: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2015-16/nov15

Guests tonight include:
- Matt Logie, #3 Whitworth men
- Joe Riverso, Augsburg women
- Rich Micallef, Brooklyn men
- Kenrda Hassell, #21 Texas-Tyler women
- Ryan Whitnable, Great Lakes Region Reporter

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
SoundCloud (podcast): www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

KnightSlappy

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 15, 2015, 05:44:53 PM
I will have to look into that... not sure where to find it to be honest.

I think you can grab it for the Hoopsville feed in your SoundCloud settings. I found this link:

http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/1197932-how-do-i-find-my-rss-feed-

(I like listening at work the next day if I missed the show and being able to download directly on my phone helps  :) )

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I usually just make the link available under the video link in each show... not sure where I would put the RSS.