FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: WW on February 08, 2019, 09:11:30 PM
As expected, nothing further from the UWL-UWW PowerPoint kerfuffle, although bleed might require a wellness check......

We're taking the high road.
"Just think twice is my only advice."

MUC57

I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

emma17

Quote from: bleedpurple on February 09, 2019, 12:06:30 AM
As expected, nothing further from the UWL-UWW PowerPoint kerfuffle, although bleed might require a wellness check......

I am well. Thank you for asking! Looking forward to a fun year for Warhawk football! Should be a competitive year in the WIAC! I look for every team to give 100%. No holds barred. Take no prisoners. It ain't over til the fat lady sings. Whichever teams execute the best will be successful. I look for every team to leave it all on the field. Offense wins games, defense wins championships. I think each team will take one game at a time and whichever team wants it more will win. Each team will need to take care of the football. The defenses may bend, but they better not break. Whoever controls the line of scrimmage will win. I think this will be a year that the turnover battle will be a key in most games. Every team must come ready to play. Any team could win on any given Saturday.

That's some sound advice. Right in line with And the Lord loves a working man... https://youtu.be/3ohBUYQJflU

WW

I am well. Thank you for asking! Looking forward to a fun year for Warhawk football! Should be a competitive year in the WIAC! I look for every team to give 100%. No holds barred. Take no prisoners. It ain't over til the fat lady sings. Whichever teams execute the best will be successful. I look for every team to leave it all on the field. Offense wins games, defense wins championships. I think each team will take one game at a time and whichever team wants it more will win. Each team will need to take care of the football. The defenses may bend, but they better not break. Whoever controls the line of scrimmage will win. I think this will be a year that the turnover battle will be a key in most games. Every team must come ready to play. Any team could win on any given Saturday.

Congrats, bleed, for receiving my first ever applaud button.

bleedpurple

Quote from: MUC57 on February 09, 2019, 07:38:33 AM

Bleed

You certainly know your football. That's why I always read your posts. I would humbly add one more point,which I'm sure you simply forgot. Teams will need to stay focused on both sides of the ball. You do know your stuff. Go Warhawks and Go Raiders!   ;D

That's a little cliche-ish don't you think MUC?  ;)

MUC57

Quote from: bleedpurple on February 09, 2019, 06:48:24 PM
Quote from: MUC57 on February 09, 2019, 07:38:33 AM

Bleed

You certainly know your football. That's why I always read your posts. I would humbly add one more point,which I'm sure you simply forgot. Teams will need to stay focused on both sides of the ball. You do know your stuff. Go Warhawks and Go Raiders!   ;D

That's a little cliche-ish don't you think MUC?  ;)

Yeah, maybe. Hey, I'm not as good as you at this stuff. And, see signature below.  ;D

MUC57

bleedpurple

UW-W has been re-stocking the tight end room with talent.  Two recent studs added from Illinois:

Tanner Inglima, 6'4" 240 pounds from Winnebago HS, Winnebago, IL.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/6355468/Tanner-Inglima

Parker Magee,  6'4"  215 pounds from Lena-Winslow HS, Lena, IL.

http://www.get.hudl.com/profile/6219431/Parker-Magee

retagent

Whichever team scores more points will win most games.

bleedpurple

Quote from: retagent on February 11, 2019, 08:33:37 AM
Whichever team scores more points will win most games.

Hey Ret!  Good to see you've been studying the 2019 WIAC. My projection numbers for this coming season, after accounting for a regression to the mean, show the same thing!

bleedpurple

In case Whitewater fans need a fix:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1095044936087552001

I predict even Emma likes the route running of the freshman at 47 seconds!

emma17

Quote from: bleedpurple on February 11, 2019, 09:04:31 PM
In case Whitewater fans need a fix:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1095044936087552001

I predict even Emma likes the route running of the freshman at 47 seconds!

I do believe that freshman receiver is from the same town in which I live. I also believe his HS QB teammate joined him at UWW.
Is there anyway you can run that play on a continuous loop in the coach's office?

WaHooWa

UWEC with some facility upgrades -- perhaps down the road, football games on campus and not at Carson Park. 

http://www.wiacsports.com/news/2019/2/11/general-regents-approve-upgrades-to-uw-eau-claires-simpson-field.aspx

If only they had a coach.  Been pretty quiet about the next HC for the Blugolds.

WW

Quote from: WaHooWa on February 12, 2019, 11:31:51 AM
UWEC with some facility upgrades -- perhaps down the road, football games on campus and not at Carson Park. 

http://www.wiacsports.com/news/2019/2/11/general-regents-approve-upgrades-to-uw-eau-claires-simpson-field.aspx

If only they had a coach.  Been pretty quiet about the next HC for the Blugolds.

If I remember right state jobs must be posted for 6 weeks, so they're probably still in resume-gathering phase. My guess is Ebner, the interim coach, has a shot. He has a similar pedigree to that of Larson when he was hired.

bleedpurple

Quote from: WaHooWa on February 12, 2019, 11:31:51 AM

The facility upgrades are long overdue. I don't know if their up-to-now relative lack of investment in facilities represents a lack of full commitment to success by the administration or not.  Being a pretty desirable city to live in, it's proximity to the Twin Cities, and some pretty good high school football in northern Wisconsin, Eau Claire seems like they could be strong if they commit to it and have the right people in place.