FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WashedUpCard

Quote from: Not My Nachos on December 13, 2019, 04:23:18 AM
Quote from: 79jaybird on December 12, 2019, 05:10:42 PM
All of these worthy candidates is just another testament to how great a coach/mentor/fatherly figure/etc.  Swider is/was to everybody.   8-)
I'm havingbrealbissues with the praise.  There were four freshmen at WC that would say otherwise.  Regardless, it's more than a blemish!

Wow.  Just wow.

New Tradition

I am a NATIONAL Champion, and I refuse to lose!

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ
2015 WIAC Playoff Pickem Champ

Gregory Sager

All of these worthy candidates is just another testament to how great a coach/mentor/fatherly figure/etc.  Swider is/was to everybody.   8-)
I'm havingbrealbissues with the praise.  There were four freshmen at WC that would say otherwise.  Regardless, it's more than a blemish!

Seriously?

I'm not a Swider fan, but I'm not begrudging anybody else their tributes to him -- not because he was a highly successful coach in terms of wins and losses, although he was clearly that, but because there are obviously a lot of people who think very highly of Swider. And it's telling that they're not all Wheaton people, either -- for example, the person to whom you're responding is a former Elmhurst football player and broadcaster.

Contrast that to Norm Eash, whom you lauded right off the bat in your first appearance here as being "100% class". The raillery that came your way immediately after you posted that should've given you an indication of exactly how Eash is regarded by those around this league who don't bleed green. Quite a few of us non-IWU types have Eash stories, and none of them are very flattering of the man. I myself have a doozy that I shared on this board four years ago.

I'm not going to say that I've ever spotted a halo around Mike Swider's head, because I certainly haven't. You don't spend decades in the same highly-public role without it becoming apparent at one point or another that you have feet of clay, and Swider is no exception. But the respect that he's engendered for his character and attitude is genuine, and the outpouring of praise he's received here and on other places on d3boards.com is testament to that respect. I can guarantee that your guy is not going to be ushered out with the same sort of outpouring of praise when he finally hangs up his coach's whistle.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

blue_jays

The turds in the punch bowl always gotta chime in it seems. Never let your ignorance on a subject stop you.  ::)

shepherd

Weather for NCC at start of game is 48f with a few showers starting at the beginning of the game to constant showers an hour later for the rest of the game.
Good luck to North Central.
EDIT:
Looks like showers are delayed until approx 2pm EST. That would be 2 hours no rain but foggy.

02 Warhawk

Congrats on ncc's trip to the Stagg bowl. Muhlenberg in way over their heads.

Which is not surprising

HScoach

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on December 14, 2019, 12:26:11 PM

Which is not surprising

Exactly.   
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

SpartanHouse

What made them think they could play man vs NCC?

Kamienski is going to have 250+ yards.

02 Warhawk

Quote from: HScoach on December 14, 2019, 12:33:31 PM
Quote from: 02 Warhawk on December 14, 2019, 12:26:11 PM

Which is not surprising

Exactly.

Don't want to sound cocky or arrogant, but success in weaker conferences just don't relate to the big boys in the top conferences. I laughed when I saw 2 d3 experts picks Muhlenberg to win this game in quick hits.

D O.C.

Oh, I dunno, isn't it pretty easy to overcome an interception, lost fumble in your end of the field, a superior offensive line, a 0-21 first quarter deficit in the semi-finals?
After all, you're playing at home.

02 Warhawk

sjujohnnie

I questioned Frank Rossi earlier in the season asking why East squads haven't won it all in decades & he had a snarky comment, but refused to answer. What North Central is doing to Muhlenberg explains it!

HScoach

Quote from: sjujohnnie on December 14, 2019, 12:55:42 PM
I questioned Frank Rossi earlier in the season asking why East squads haven't won it all in decades & he had a snarky comment, but refused to answer. What North Central is doing to Muhlenberg explains it!

Frank with a snarky reply?  Shocking ::)
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

02 Warhawk

Quote from: sjujohnnie on December 14, 2019, 12:55:42 PM

Yeah his quick hits picks are looking rough this post season. I think he picked NCC to lose last week too. He doesn't learn.

D O.C.

But doesn't the salesman win if he gets the big sale on the 100th try?

Some day, whenever, Frank will stand alone after picking the big one no one else saw.

Maybe