Mid-Atlantic Region

Started by Mid-Atlantic Fan, August 29, 2017, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blooter442

Excellent academics, a competitive program and conference, and a great location. Very desirable opportunity. I agree that there will be a diverse pool of (strong) applicants.

1970s NESCAC Player

Quote from: blooter442 on February 14, 2018, 10:50:40 AM
Excellent academics, a competitive program and conference, and a great location. Very desirable opportunity. I agree that there will be a diverse pool of (strong) applicants.

All of which means that it probably won't get done in a hurry . . .

Mid-Atlantic Fan

I wonder what this will do for Haverford's recruits? They need a new coach ASAP! Could lose an entire class due to the timing of this departure.

luckylefty

Quote from: Mid-Atlantic Fan on February 18, 2018, 06:21:38 PM
I wonder what this will do for Haverford's recruits? They need a new coach ASAP! Could lose an entire class due to the timing of this departure.

My guess is they more then others will be pretty secure with their commitments. It's an incredible academic school, so my guess is a kid who got accepted is willing to wait a few months to see what shakes out here.  Second, the kids committed there have been committed since the early Fall. It's not like they committed two weeks ago.

Flying Weasel

Quote from: Falconer on November 12, 2017, 04:07:59 PM
Quote from: rudy on November 12, 2017, 03:01:01 PM
Drew gets one. 1-0. Final drew wins.  Lot of fouls in this game. 20+ on each team.  Must have been a chippy game. Tueno got red at the end.

I saw those stats, too--7 cards, including one on the bench. Chippy games are common in Williamsport.

I think Tueno has another year left to play. Would the red card mean that he has to sit out the opener in 2018?

Add public reprimand from the NCAA to the 2-game suspension to open the 2018 season (which the article confirms).

Lycoming receives reprimand, penalties
Committee cites student-athlete misconduct during DIII men's soccer tournament
https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/lycoming-receives-reprimand-penalties

D3soccerwatcher

Quote from: Flying Weasel on March 14, 2018, 08:55:29 AM
Quote from: Falconer on November 12, 2017, 04:07:59 PM
Quote from: rudy on November 12, 2017, 03:01:01 PM
Drew gets one. 1-0. Final drew wins.  Lot of fouls in this game. 20+ on each team.  Must have been a chippy game. Tueno got red at the end.

I saw those stats, too--7 cards, including one on the bench. Chippy games are common in Williamsport.

I think Tueno has another year left to play. Would the red card mean that he has to sit out the opener in 2018?

Add public reprimand from the NCAA to the 2-game suspension to open the 2018 season (which the article confirms).

Lycoming receives reprimand, penalties
Committee cites student-athlete misconduct during DIII men's soccer tournament
https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/lycoming-receives-reprimand-penalties

What has been Lycomimg's response to this reprimand by the NCAA?  What action have they taken as an institution and/or team to address the issue?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Sounds like Lyco is accepting the reprimand. Not much they can do to fight it really. The national committee makes those decisions. I am sure they were fully aware, though. As for what they are doing on campus about this, you would have to ask them. I find these things tend to be in-department in nature and calling to get answers isn't always successful. They don't have anything on their website (not surprising; only things like this that are mandated or actual infractions).
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

franklyspeaking

Typically, when do schedules start getting released for the next year?  Thanks

Flying Weasel

Release of schedules can be all over the board.  Some schools have already posted them on their websites; some won't get posted until August.  It's pretty spread out.  Not sure if there's really a typical time/month that the most get released or not. 

Shooter McGavin

Lycoming 2018 Schedule
8-31 @Grove City
9-1 @Geneva
9-5 @Susquehanna
9-7 @CMU*
9-12 @Medaille
9-15 Scranton*
9-16 Penn College
9-19 Eastern*
9-22 CNU*
9-26 @Misericordia
9-29 @Albright
10-3 Moravian
10-6 Stevenson
10-9 Alvernia
10-13 @Widener
10-17 @Messiah*
10-20 Arcadia
10-23 LVC
10-27 @Hood

Dropped: RUC, Rowan, Dickinson, Washington, FSU, CWRU, 
Added: Grove City, Geneva, CMU, Penn College, Eastern, CNU, Moravian

(Added * next to significant games in my opinion)

Flying Weasel

Lycoming's schedule seems a little tougher this year.  Drop Rowan, but pick up Carnegie Mellon and Christoper Newport.  Drop Dickinson and Case Western, but pick up Eastern, Grove City, Geneva.

blooter442

Quote from: Flying Weasel on March 30, 2018, 01:40:40 PM
Lycoming's schedule seems a little tougher this year.  Drop Rowan, but pick up Carnegie Mellon and Christoper Newport.  Drop Dickinson and Case Western, but pick up Eastern, Grove City, Geneva.

CMU-Lycoming...that's a good one...would expect the over-under for yellow cards to be the same as I predicted for Rochester-Amherst (5, which ended up being the exact number of yellows in that game. :))

luckylefty

Seems like a great hire. Word has it the Haverford position wasn't as appealing for many reasons as one would think.

This guy will have knowledge of the conference, familiarity with coaching a strong program, and an understanding of recruiting to a stronger academic school. 

Hopkins92

Quote from: luckylefty on March 31, 2018, 08:00:04 AM
Seems like a great hire. Word has it the Haverford position wasn't as appealing for many reasons as one would think.

This guy will have knowledge of the conference, familiarity with coaching a strong program, and an understanding of recruiting to a stronger academic school.

Care to elaborate?