FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D O.C.

olddog.... thank-you for hosting again this season.

We're going to need those lobster / tournedos of beef skewers at around 5:45 pm.
(remember, no bell peppers)

Thanks again.

olddog

Quote from: D O.C. on July 04, 2019, 03:47:42 PM
olddog.... thank-you for hosting again this season.

We're going to need those lobster / tournedos of beef skewers at around 5:45 pm.
(remember, no bell peppers)

Thanks again.

I will bring your bib in case you drool... ;D
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

Oxy1995

Quote from: olddog on July 03, 2019, 12:08:13 PM
Quote from: Gray Fox on July 02, 2019, 10:11:03 PM
Where did the last guy go?

No idea, I checked social media and nada. I know both Oxy and Whittier were looking for position coach but an OC...this late in the game, post spring ball.
Here is the link to the info on hiring a new OC for Oxy (deadline has passed)
https://www.oxy.edu/sites/default/files/assets/HR/Salaried/athletics_assistant_track_coach_june32015.pdf

Interesting not at the end of the job opening
"Knowledge of, and commitment to option football is preferred".  Looks like they want to stick with last year's offense (hopefully with a better grasp of what it means to be an option team)

Gray Fox

Quote from: Oxy1995 on July 16, 2019, 02:23:10 PM

No idea, I checked social media and nada. I know both Oxy and Whittier were looking for position coach but an OC...this late in the game, post spring ball.
https://www.oxy.edu/sites/default/files/assets/HR/Salaried/athletics_assistant_track_coach_june32015.pdf

"Knowledge of, and commitment to option football is preferred".  Looks like they want to stick with last year's offense (hopefully with a better grasp of what it means to be an option team)
Maybe it has to do with the available talent.
Army has done quite well using the option.
Fierce When Roused

Oxy1995

Quote from: Gray Fox on July 16, 2019, 04:20:42 PM
Quote from: Oxy1995 on July 16, 2019, 02:23:10 PM

Maybe it has to do with the available talent.
Army has done quite well using the option.
I am actually a fan of the option attack.  However, to do it right, you need a strong commitment to running it.  Last year's team was very tepid in the commitment to running the ball.  On the flip side, it is hard to keep a commitment to running the ball when your defense gives up so many points

Gray Fox

Oxy1995
It looked like they didn't do any hitting in practice last year to keep them healthy. :-\
Fierce When Roused

olddog

Quote from: Gray Fox on July 16, 2019, 04:55:18 PM
Oxy1995
It looked like they didn't do any hitting in practice last year to keep them healthy. :-\

What a shame was such a tough and respected program..

In the future when snow flakes tell me their way is progressive, I will share the link to Oxy Football...it crazy how sports mimics real life.

formerd3db

Quote from: olddog on July 17, 2019, 06:14:33 PM
Oxy1995

In the future when snow flakes tell me their way is progressive, I will share the link to Oxy Football...it crazy how sports mimics real life.
Oxy1995

That makes sense on view of the situation and is really not a bad option ( no pun intended.). As I'm sure you know, St. John under the late John Gagliardi, legendary Coach, never had hitting in practice for decades. To some people, that was/is unconventional. However, it does help in regards to the injury factor in reducing the amounts of expidured; also Gagliardi had not only large numbers out for football ( as much as allowed per their conference rules) and but also had 4 national championships. Yet, regardless of philosophy, any situation might dictate what needs to be done.
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

olddog

Quote from: formerd3db on July 17, 2019, 09:42:11 PM
Quote from: olddog on July 17, 2019, 06:14:33 PM
Oxy1995

Oxy1995

That makes sense on view of the situation and is really not a bad option ( no pun intended.). As I'm sure you know, St. John under the late John Gagliardi, legendary Coach, never had hitting in practice for decades. To some people, that was/is unconventional. However, it does help in regards to the injury factor in reducing the amounts of expidured; also Gagliardi had not only large numbers out for football ( as much as allowed per their conference rules) and but also had 4 national championships. Yet, regardless of philosophy, any situation might dictate what needs to be done.

Big difference studs not beating each other up, vs. Oxy players

wally_wabash

Fun bit of news here- I'm moving to the Claremont area just in time for the 2019 season. Looking forward to the opportunity to see the SCIAC in person this fall!
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Gray Fox

Quote from: wally_wabash on August 04, 2019, 11:10:24 AM
Fun bit of news here- I'm moving to the Claremont area just in time for the 2019 season. Looking forward to the opportunity to see the SCIAC in person this fall!
+k

We will look forward to your comments.  I guess. ;)
Fierce When Roused

D O.C.

Great timing Wally. You get to see LINFIELD at Redlands 9/21/19

wally_wabash

"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

desertcat1

Welcome to our Island Wally, put on some flip- flops and hang ten with DOC.

Go Cats.
Go Big D :-*
" If you are going to be a bear, be a Grizzly"

C.W. Smith

10Freeway

Looks like Garces Memorial HS in Bakersfield is a better job than Occidental.  Sad times in Tigerville.

https://twitter.com/coachcoleman_?lang=en
When the legend becomes fact, print the legend-
  The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence