Women's OAC 2013

Started by woacfan, June 26, 2013, 07:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrusaderNation

It was a nice road win.  As all the OAC teams know anytime you go on the road to a quality opponent and are fortunate enough to come away with a result is a good day.  The same surely goes for your Blue Streaks heading to OWU and walking away with points!

It is still a long time before November and the conference tournament.  I am sure everyone will have games that they are proud of so Capital does not need to get too excited about a September win... but it can be enjoyed for the moment.  With Wittenberg ahead (who just beat ONU) and Hanover soon after (who just beat Otterbein) the road is far from easy. 

CrusaderNation

Big win in the OAC today as JCU knocks off the powerhouse Centre!  Thinking your Blue Streaks may be streaking Woac!  Congratulations on the win.  Looks like the rest of the OAc did pretty well too.  With just ONU to play at OWU tonight it seems to be a pleasant day for the conference!

woacfan

Congrats to the Crusaders as well. They are looking pretty strong right now. Centre drives down the I-87 to play Marietta tomorrow. For some reason I think that will be an interesting game. Marietta has looked better this year. Centre seemed a little stunned by JCU today. They might be"spitting angry" tomorrow. Could make for an interesting afternoon.
"We talk about it for 20 minutes and then we decide I was right" - Brian Clough

CrusaderNation

Have to say I do not think it will even be close with Centre and Marietta.  I know Centre had a ton of shots against JCU and could not convert.... that does not happen two games in a row to a good team.  As for Marietta they have played a schedule thta is great for their confidence but not great to prepare them for a team as talented as Centre.  My guess would be high digits in this one if not double digits! 

woacfan

woacfan

Congratulations to the Crusaders who appear at No. 22 in the NSCAA national rankings this week.
I expect that to climb!  Way to represent the OAC!

The D3 Sports people might want to take a look at that for the next ranking.  Not a single vote for Capital, but votes for teams they beat... a rare oversight I'd say.

woacfan

JCU knocks off cross town rival Hiram 2 to 1.

A lot of nice story lines.  The Streaks senior middie scored on her birthday on a ball served in by their star striker.  The back up goalkeeper chalked up her third win in a row.

After a horrific start this year, the defense looks organized. It was a nice evening.

Ohio Northern and Mount Union also picked up wins. Mount Union is one of the intriguing stories of the early season. They are currently 4-1-1.

CrusaderNation

Good to see the Blue Streaks picking it up just in time to peak when they are playing the Crusaders! 

Otherwise interesting that Otterbein has played so few games... seems like a long time off?  Know they had a game cancelled due to weather, but, they should be super fresh for their next run and that is against teams who should not pose much trouble for them.  Could see a Cardinal spurt in the coming weeks with games vs. OWU and Manchester!

Baldwin Wallace will also have an interesting game against Case.  The other night Case did not look very dangerous and if they play that way against BW they could get stung!

CrusaderNation

Just some interesting statistics as we head into the conference season... here are the W-L-T records of the opponents the top 6 OAC teams have played.

1.  BW: 5-1 record     Opponents record:  18-16-5 *w/ CMU game cancelled wouldve been 22-17-5
     Next opponent:  OWU (2-4-0)
2.  Cap: 5-1-1 record  Opponents record:  26-18-6
     Next opponent:  Hanover (5-1-1)
3.  MU:  5-1-1 record  Opponents record:  12-28-6
     Next opponent:  Geneva (3-2-0)
4.  Mus: 5-1-1 record  Opponents record:  17-28-4
     Next opponent:  Ohio Valley (1-3-1)
5.  Wil:  5-1-1 record  Opponents record:  14-29-3
     Next opponent:  Franklin (3-3-0)
6.  ONU: 4-2-1 record Opponents record:  24-19-4
     Next opponent:  Thomas More (4-1-1)

As an observation if the OAC would like to get more recognition in the region and beyond then the teams have to enjoy the same success they are currently enjoying but against better competition. 

CrusaderNation

Poor showing by Capital today gives OAC Championship to Hanover!  Hanover has beaten Capital, Otterbein and Ohio Northern this year and is probably considering applying to the OAC for membership!!!

Tough day for ONU as well but the rest of the OAC top 6 fared well.  Looks like we will see what all the fuss is about in another week when the conference schedule opens up.  About time to let the fun begin!

woacfan

JCU looked like team zombie for its matchup with Grove City today.  They woke up in the overtime, but it wasn't enough to get the win.  Unless JCU gets more passionate about their play, I don't see the Blue Streaks doing to much in the OAC this year.  They turn it on at times, but mostly they are more afraid of giving up goals than of not scoring them.

I was rooting for the Crusaders today!  Hopefully they finish out their non-conference schedule strong!

woacfan

Another rough day for the Blue Streaks. The injuries are mounting.  While I am always hopeful, I fear they won't be much out a challenge for your Crusaders next weekend, CN.

CrusaderNation

Your Blue Streaks are unpredictable WOAC... I would not count them out.  The Crusaders have been battling injury problems too and they are far from healthy.  It appears the super tough non-conference schedule may not have been such a great idea afterall.  We will see in the rain on Saturday!

woacfan

At the close of non-conference play,  here are the records of OAC teams:

Baldwin Wallace  9-1
Muskingum  7-1-2
Capital  7-2-1
Mount Union  7-2-1
Wilmington (Ohio)  6-3-1
Otterbein  5-3-1
John Carroll  3-4-3
Ohio Northern  4-5-1
Marietta  2-7
Heidelberg  1-8-1

Most surprising are the results for Muskingum and Mount Union.  Based on difficulty of schedule and record, B-W and Capital must be early favorites.  Our friend at C-N says Crusaders have some injuries going into conference play.  Same is true of the Blue Streaks.   I think Otterbein and Ohio Northern will make moves toward the top of the conference too.  If we give the top four spots to B-W, Cap, Ott, and MU, that leaves JCU, Wilmington and Muskingum fighting for the last two spots.  Should be an interesting October.

CrusaderNation

The first weekend will have the potential to set the tone for the conference season:  ONU at MU, JCU @ CAP and OTT @ BW will be key contests among the teams that played a role at the end of last season. Wil@ MUSK has the potential to see if the Muskies light schedule prepared them for the conference play.  However, their field is tiny and that will certainly give them an advantage in every single game they play at home.  It is the same size as most high school soccer fields so the teams who normally play on big fields may struggle! 

Two days till the fun begins... it is now a sprint to the finish!