Who are the big names/powerhouses in D3?

Started by JimB, March 07, 2006, 06:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimB

Is there an area within the site that gives you historical information on D3hoops.com?  Things such as most tournament appearances, final 4's, titles, etc for both Men and Women?

Ralph Turner

Quote from: JimB on March 07, 2006, 06:37:10 PM
Is there an area within the site that gives you historical information on D3hoops.com?  Things such as most tournament appearances, final 4's, titles, etc for both Men and Women?

A good place to start is on the right siderail on the front page of D3hoops.com.

The Playoffs are recorded since the inception of Division III.

There are numerous other hyperlinks that you can explore on the home page as well.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Wittenberg has probably been the most consistantly solid team in d3, but there are others to rival them.  Mostly they will be schools in Ohio, Michigan and Illinois.

There have also been some very good schools for periods of time throughout the history of d3.  It's much harder to remain dominant in d3 than in d1 (like a Kansas or a North Carolina).

I'd agree, the playoff section will give you national tournament results all the way back to the beginning, 1975.  It's a good place to see what's happened.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Wydown Blvd.

Wittenberg is dominant? You may want to be specific with what sport you are talking about because this is a topic in General D3.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Wydown Blvd. on March 08, 2006, 02:42:14 PM
Wittenberg is dominant? You may want to be specific with what sport you are talking about because this is a topic in General D3.

It's basketball season; I just assumed.  If he asked in September, it would have been a different answer.

Wydown Blvd.

Then you also assumed men's. I was just curious as to what sport you were talking about with Whittenberg. But its not a big deal.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Wydown Blvd. on March 09, 2006, 08:22:34 PM
Then you also assumed men's. I was just curious as to what sport you were talking about with Whittenberg. But its not a big deal.

That's true and I apologize to the ladies out there.  Even though this is the "General Division III" board, it has been thus far 90% talk about men's sports (either football or basketball).  I made some assumptions.

BVHawk

To succeed, one must be creative and persistent.  John H. Johnson

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: BVHawk on April 06, 2006, 03:38:53 PM
You know what assuming does... ;D

Most of the time, it saves time; sometimes it backfires.  And I don't want to see anyone laying that stupid colloquialism on me.  It's just rediculous.

historymajor

http://www.box.net/public/0xmq32no5l

This is a link to a summary of DIII football put together by Trinity's SID

D O.C.

The kinder, gentler WILDCAT nation would like to remind everyone reading the Trinity SID chart that LINFIELD is in OR and not WA.

Pat Coleman

Send them an e-mail and spare us from your need to bump up a topic that's two and a half months old just to complain about it.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Cards7580

Women's Division III Hockey

Congrats to Plattsburgh State (SUNYAC NY) which won today over defending Champion Middlebury (VT) .

1st Women's Division III Hockey National Champions after a runner-up finish last year to Middlebury
which had won the last three years.

4th overall in hockey for Plattsburgh which has 3 Men's Division III  National Championship titles. 

F.Y.I.  the lady Cards were also undefeated for the season with only 2 ties.   27-0-2...

TheeBuffaloSabres

and we all wanna be like tommy gavin

TheeBuffaloSabres

the SJF cards? are those the cards that you are referring to?
and we all wanna be like tommy gavin