Shirts, and stickers and decals oh my!

Started by cawcdad, November 01, 2007, 05:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

Quote from: AUPepBand on August 18, 2015, 12:45:49 PM
Quote from: D3MAFAN-MG on August 17, 2015, 01:54:27 PM
Occidental license plate near CUA in Washington D.C.

Must have been purely occidental.... :o
Sorry, Pep, but that pun is almost worthy of a smite!  No emoticon can provide absolution for the grievousness of that transgression.   ;)

badgerwarhawk

Bought a pair of running shoes from a guy wearing a Wabash t-shirt in Madison, Wi. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

BoBo

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on August 17, 2015, 04:37:43 PM
Hope hat in Milwaukee

May have been the same guy that I saw watching on MLB.tv wearing the hat and Hope t-shirt at the Brewers vs Marlin game that night. He was sitting a couple rows behind the Marlins dugout on the third base side at Miller Park.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

AUPepBand

Quote from: Ralph Turner on August 18, 2015, 10:42:57 PM
Quote from: AUPepBand on August 18, 2015, 12:45:49 PM
Quote from: D3MAFAN-MG on August 17, 2015, 01:54:27 PM
Occidental license plate near CUA in Washington D.C.

Must have been purely occidental.... :o
Sorry, Pep, but that pun is almost worthy of a smite!  No emoticon can provide absolution for the grievousness of that transgression.   ;)

Guilty as charged! Pep confesses it was no accident and will subject himself to ablution.   ;) +K

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

02 Warhawk

Spotted an interesting WI liscense plate in Milwaukee driving home from work yesterday:

2XD3CHMP

Is there any logical way to decipher this other than "2 Time Division 3 Champ"?

Makes me think if this an ex-Warhawk now living/working in the milwaukee area.

AUPepBand

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on August 21, 2015, 08:10:29 AM
Spotted an interesting WI liscense plate in Milwaukee driving home from work yesterday:

2XD3CHMP

Pep agrees with your interpretation but application? Likely an ex-Warhawk but also could be an older UMU alum, an even older Augustana alum, or heck, even a Wittenberg alum that's even older than Pep!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

02 Warhawk

Quote from: AUPepBand on August 21, 2015, 08:19:03 AM

2XD3CHMP

Pep agrees with your interpretation but application? Likely an ex-Warhawk but also could be an older UMU alum, an even older Augustana alum, or heck, even a Wittenberg alum that's even older than Pep!

All probable....plus it doesn't necessarily have to be an ex-football player I suppose. 

wartknight

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on August 21, 2015, 08:36:45 AM
Quote from: AUPepBand on August 21, 2015, 08:19:03 AM

2XD3CHMP

All probable....plus it doesn't necessarily have to be an ex-football player I suppose.
I agree - Could even be an individual, or the Lacrosse track team has had their share of Championships
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden

cave2bens

Must be D3 day in NE Atlanta...nearly half of Wabash's football schedule within two hours his morning!

"Man Up" H-SC sticker in windshield at dentist's office; Kenyon and Wheaton stickers in rear windows on LaVista Rd; DePauw T-shirt on a Dannie of my era at Quik Trip (will DePauw sw***ow yet again?); and as a finale, a Wittenberg license tag holder at Toco Hills.   :o 
"Forever more as in days of yore Their deeds be noble and grand"

NCF

A Salisbury sticker on a car in Naperville, Illinois.
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

Desertraider

Saw a John Carroll t-shirt "Mount Who?" at VOA in N. Olmsted. 2 minutes later a girl calls out to one of her friends "look for John Carroll shirts" - so I (proudly wearing Mount gear) took it over to her. She laughed and said "you guys aren't supposed to help us out". All I said was "we tried to help you out twice last year - but that didn't even help".

Roll Raiders!!
RIP MUC57 - Go Everybody!
National Champions: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017
The Autumn Wind is a Raider!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEYK_XjyLg
Immaculate Prevention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLq_acsVN0

bluestreak66

Quote from: desertraider on September 13, 2015, 08:42:31 PM
Saw a John Carroll t-shirt "Mount Who?" at VOA in N. Olmsted. 2 minutes later a girl calls out to one of her friends "look for John Carroll shirts" - so I (proudly wearing Mount gear) took it over to her. She laughed and said "you guys aren't supposed to help us out". All I said was "we tried to help you out twice last year - but that didn't even help".

Roll Raiders!!
Haha. I actually have that shirt! It's reversible, and the other side says "Beat the Berg" (from the back to back games against the two in 2013).

Some random ones:
Marietta shirt at a grocery store in Aurora, IL
Girl in a Case Western Reserve soccer shirt at Six Flags Great America
Pamona-Pitzer golf shirt in downtown Naperville, IL
A.M.D.G.
Whose House? STREAKS' HOUSE!

RIP MUC57- "Go everybody!"

2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2018 & 2019 ODAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2019 OAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION

Desertraider

Quote from: bluestreak66 on September 15, 2015, 01:51:41 PM
Quote from: desertraider on September 13, 2015, 08:42:31 PM

Roll Raiders!!
Haha. I actually have that shirt! It's reversible, and the other side says "Beat the Berg" (from the back to back games against the two in 2013).

Some random ones:
Marietta shirt at a grocery store in Aurora, IL
Girl in a Case Western Reserve soccer shirt at Six Flags Great America
Pamona-Pitzer golf shirt in downtown Naperville, IL

I cry foul!! I don't mind helping a JCU student finding a shirt - but two??!! I didn't know they were reversible.
RIP MUC57 - Go Everybody!
National Champions: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017
The Autumn Wind is a Raider!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEYK_XjyLg
Immaculate Prevention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLq_acsVN0

HSCTiger74

A gentleman came into the polling place in Charlotte where I was working today wearing an Earlham Alumni shirt. When I commented on it he told me that he also taught there at one time.
TANSTAAFL

Ralph Turner

A woman in the Pei Wei Restaurant in north Dallas wearing a Hartwick baseball cap.