University Athletic Association

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

formerd3db

Quote from: DagarmanSpartan on May 04, 2016, 03:15:25 PM
CWRU released its 29 player class today.

http://athletics.case.edu/sports/fball/2015-16/releases/20160504k9qagm

Lots of beef for the O-line.

Indeed, that looks like some good sized linemen.  Do you know/have any inside information as to if any of them might be able to step in for playing time  and contribute immediately?  Despite being freshman, I think that would be a huge plus if they can.
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

ADL70

FWIW Strayer was 2nd team ne lakes district.

Clontz hm all-state
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

DagarmanSpartan

Check out the video on WR Austin Navarette from TX.

http://recruit-match.ncsasports.org/clientrms/athletes/1503391?access_type=COACH_QUERY

Says he's 6'3", 200, and 4.5 sec. 40 time with a 32 on his ACT.

How does someone with those numbers not get picked up by a Stanford, Northwestern, or Duke?

In his video, he looks like a STUD!!!!

I hope we can figure out ways to get the ball in this guy's hands!  He looks DEADLY after the catch!

Desertraider

Quote from: DagarmanSpartan on May 05, 2016, 04:34:35 AM
Check out the video on WR Austin Navarette from TX.

http://recruit-match.ncsasports.org/clientrms/athletes/1503391?access_type=COACH_QUERY

Says he's 6'3", 200, and 4.5 sec. 40 time with a 32 on his ACT.

How does someone with those numbers not get picked up by a Stanford, Northwestern, or Duke?

In his video, he looks like a STUD!!!!

I hope we can figure out ways to get the ball in this guy's hands!  He looks DEADLY after the catch!

He looks good - but he looks slow. I know looks can be deceiving but that video did not show his "speed". Aside from that his 2016 numbers were: 16 receptions, 141 yards and 3tds? That is an average of 1.6 catches a game for 14 yards. I think that is how Stanford, etc...didn't pick up on him.
RIP MUC57 - Go Everybody!
National Champions: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017
The Autumn Wind is a Raider!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEYK_XjyLg
Immaculate Prevention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLq_acsVN0

DagarmanSpartan

Then the 4.5 second 40 time must be either a lie, a mistake, or an exaggeration.

What would you assess his 40 time as, based on the videos?

ADL70

Puffery. Reported 40 times are notoriously unreliable.
Can't tell because he never runs 40 yds flat out. He doesn't run away from any DBs though.  Half his highlights are blocking.
I think he has the frame to become like Albers. But that's a high bar.
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

Dr. Acula

Unless it says the time is electronically timed (as it may be at a camp) I always add 0.15-0.2 to times when I see them for HS kids.  I treat those times similar to height/weight listings on the roster...in the ballpark but probably not exactly right! 

One thing to keep in mind with that kid in particular though is that he's tall.  To me it always looks like tall kids are slow because of the stride length.  5'8" is always going to look faster than 6'3". 

ADL70

HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

ADL70

Would love to see CWRU play WashU this season.  Since neither is likely to make the playoffs, could a quasi-UAA title game be created?  Or would that have to have been sanctioned by NCAA before the season, akin to ECAC bowls?  Could an annual game be created that would match the winners of Chicago-WashU (assuming that game continues to be played) vs the winner of CWRU-CMU, if neither is in the playoffs? I know that leaves Rochester out, so perhaps it would be the top two non-playoff teams.  Would CMU find that game more attractive than an ECAC bowl?
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

WUPHF

A postseason "bowl" game between the two best UAA schools not to get to the postseason would be incredibly cool.

E.115

That would be cool... a UAA "Heritage Bowl"?  (Especially this season where CWRU and Wash U teams appear better than last season).   Logistics are of course an x-factor... with the distance between St. Louis and Cleveland.

Perhaps somewhere neutral in between  ?  Chicago, Indy, Louisville, Cincy?  These cities kind of work for Carnegie Mellon and Chicago too.

ADL70

Don't see travel as an issue for on-campus game.  All UAA teams have reduced their travel since each found a football home.

As far as a neutral site, Indy is about as equidistant from all as any.  I can recall seeing a nice hs stadium from I-70 west side of Indy (perhaps Warren Central?)

HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO