Author Topic: FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference  (Read 6594479 times)

Online jamtoTommie

• Starter
    • View Profile
Re: FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
« Reply #82320 on: September 13, 2017, 05:09:34 pm »
Did Jochum (#91) touch the ball on the first penalty call at the end? I didn't see that he did. Is it a penalty if he didn't actually touch it before the snap was complete?

Offline OzJohnnie

• All-American
  • Lager, mate?
    • View Profile
    • Johnnies Football
« Reply #82321 on: September 13, 2017, 05:19:08 pm »
I suspect the refs thought that blowing the victory formation was malicious (and unsportsmanlike) rather than a genuine attempt to play.  Almost the entire Tommie team stayed in place on that snap but 91 shot into the backfield smashing players left and right.

EDIT:  I went and watched the play again to double check and 91 is the only player that shot the formation.  44 made a half-hearted attempt but it went nowhere.  Every other Tommie stood to let time expire.  Unsportsmanlike.

About the 3:12:00 mark of the game replay.  I couldn't figure out the direct link but if you scroll down the list on this page and click the replay then it works.

http://athletics.uwstout.edu/sports/2016/8/30/uw-stout-football-on-boxcast.aspx
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 05:26:10 pm by OzJohnnie »
[  

Online jamtoTommie

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82322 on: September 13, 2017, 05:27:56 pm »
So is this clearly a classless headhunting directive from Saint Glenn and his minions? Or is this just one nutty individual? I'm getting mixed messages here.

Offline OldAuggie

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82323 on: September 13, 2017, 05:34:11 pm »
Did Jochum (#91) touch the ball on the first penalty call at the end? I didn't see that he did. Is it a penalty if he didn't actually touch it before the snap was complete?
The call on that first play was offsides if you listen to the replay so before he could touch the ball or a Stout lineman he was going to be flagged. 

Offline OzJohnnie

• All-American
  • Lager, mate?
    • View Profile
    • Johnnies Football
« Reply #82324 on: September 13, 2017, 05:34:25 pm »
So is this clearly a classless headhunting directive from Saint Glenn and his minions? Or is this just one nutty individual? I'm getting mixed messages here.

Why not both?  Exclusive footage of St Glenn's instructions at that huddle before the last play.

[  

Offline 57Johnnie

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #82325 on: September 13, 2017, 05:41:06 pm »
Obviously the  most controversial sports play since the 'pine tar incident' of 1983 ;D
The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

Offline OzJohnnie

• All-American
  • Lager, mate?
    • View Profile
    • Johnnies Football
« Reply #82326 on: September 13, 2017, 05:53:42 pm »
Obviously the  most controversial sports play since the 'pine tar incident' of 1983 ;D

It must be only three days until the start of Johnnie/Tommie week.  I reckon it may boil over this year.
[  

Offline faunch

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #82327 on: September 13, 2017, 06:15:30 pm »

It must be only three days until the start of Johnnie/Tommie week.  I reckon it may boil over this year.

Pick your mantra:

#RowTheBoat

or

#IfYouAin'tCheatin'YouAin'tTryin'

"I'm a uniter...not a divider."

Offline retagent

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #82328 on: September 13, 2017, 06:55:28 pm »
The call on that first play was offsides if you listen to the replay so before he could touch the ball or a Stout lineman he was going to be flagged. 

Tweeeeet! 15 yards, #91, Dick Move!

Offline OldAuggie

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82329 on: September 13, 2017, 07:30:55 pm »

Pick your mantra:

#RowTheBoat

or

At the risk of stepping on the Johnnie/Tommie banter but I am sure that #RowTheBoat would throw #91 "out of the boat" after two knuckle head plays like that.

Offline faunch

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #82330 on: September 13, 2017, 07:31:58 pm »

Watch the clip closely...it looks like #91's left had goes to the head and helmet of #64 as he drives him to the turf. So yes I guess it was headhunting.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 07:36:49 pm by faunch »

Offline faunch

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #82331 on: September 13, 2017, 07:32:53 pm »

Pick your mantra:

#RowTheBoat

or

At the risk of stepping on the Johnnie/Tommie banter but I am sure that #RowTheBoat would throw #91 "out of the boat" after two knuckle head plays like that.

I heard his backup QB failed a test...the kind you need a cup for...not the kind you study for!

Online scottyeagle93

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82332 on: September 13, 2017, 08:49:32 pm »

Watch the clip closely...it looks like #91's left had goes to the head and helmet of #64 as he drives him to the turf. So yes I guess it was headhunting.

And then it goes back and to the left.  Back and to the left.

Offline OldAuggie

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82333 on: September 13, 2017, 09:05:51 pm »

Pick your mantra:

#RowTheBoat

or

I heard his backup QB failed a test...the kind you need a cup for...not the kind you study for!
Yes, he is still in the boat but needs to row harder if he wants to be a part of the team. I will never understand kids that mess up a great opportunity and a free education. 

Edit: At least he left on a high note.........
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 09:23:12 pm by OldAuggie »

Offline OzJohnnie

• All-American
  • Lager, mate?
    • View Profile
    • Johnnies Football
« Reply #82334 on: September 13, 2017, 09:11:21 pm »

And then it goes back and to the left.  Back and to the left.

[