6.). Emory-- .551, NCSOS is .544
7.). Chicago-- .541, NCSOS is .524
8.). NYU-- .437, NCSOS is .397

deiscanton

UAA Rookie update

January 15, 2018

Overall

Scoring

1.). Romin Williams, Emory-- 16.3 PPG, 27.2 points per 40.
2.). Jack Nolan, Wash U-- 11.9 PPG, 23.0 points per 40.
3.). Lawrence Sabir, Brandeis-- 11.1 PPG, 15.8 points per 40.
4.). Ignas Masiulionis, Case-- 9.6 PPG, 17.4 points per 40.
5.). Antonio Ionadi, Case-- 8.9 PPG, 15.2 points per 40.

Rebounding

1.). Chandler Jones, Brandeis-- 4.8 RPG
2.). Bobby Hawkinson, NYU-- 4.1 RPG
3.). Lawrence Sabir, Brandeis-- 3.9 RPG
4.). Matt Davet, Emory-- 3.6 RPG
5.). Ignas Masiulionis, Case-- 3.4 RPG
       Antonio Ionadi, Case-- 3.4 RPG

Assists

1.). Lawrence Sabir, Brandeis-- 4.4 APG
2.). Romin Williams, Emory-- 3.2 APG
3.). Zach Watson, Carnegie Mellon-- 2.2 APG
4.). Antonio Ionadi, Case-- 1.9 APG
5.). Chandler Jones, Brandeis-- 1.7 APG

Steals

1.). Romin Williams, Emory-- 1.4 SPG
2.). Lawrence Sabir, Brandeis-- 1.2 SPG
3.). Chandler Jones, Brandeis-- 1.1 SPG

Blocks

No rookie with 1 or more blocks per game.

Riley056

Current UAA Massey Power Rankings

Wash U - 22
Emory - 46
Rochester - 57
Chicago - 156
CWRU - 161
CMU - 244
NYU - 291
Brandeis - 296

deiscanton

Through 3 UAA games, the men's race is playing to form.

Wash U and Emory tied for first (picked by coaches to finish first and second).

Rochester and Chicago 1 game back (Chicago picked to finish 3rd, Rochester 4th)

NYU and Case 2 games back (NYU picked to finish 5th, Case in 6th)

Carnegie Mellon and Brandeis at bottom of standings.  (Carnegie Mellon picked to finish 7th, Brandeis picked in last place.)

deiscanton

Carnegie Mellon coach Tony Wingen is on Hoopsville this afternoon.-- scheduled for approx 3:05 PM Eastern, after coach Mia Smith of the Illinois Wesleyan women.  Wingen is on the NABC Coach's Corner segment for this Week.  He will give some thoughts on the UAA Men's race.

Greek Tragedy

I like Emory right now. I have Gigax and Rapp on my Future's Tourney Draft League roster and with Rapp back, Emory looks pretty good right now. Another reason I like them making and doing well in the tourney is because they are in the somewhat traditionally weak South Region when it comes to regional rankings.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

deiscanton

Starting this week, I will use the official title that the UAA bestows on their best players of the week.

This week's UAA Men's Basketball Athlete of the Week for games played through Jan. 14 is Adam Gigax of Emory.

deiscanton

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on January 15, 2018, 07:58:02 PM
I like Emory right now. I have Gigax and Rapp on my Future's Tourney Draft League roster and with Rapp back, Emory looks pretty good right now. Another reason I like them making and doing well in the tourney is because they are in the somewhat traditionally weak South Region when it comes to regional rankings.

Emory has a win over Rochester (reg ranked by NCAA last season, and a good shot to be regionally ranked by NCAA this season), and while Guilford may not crack regional rankings in the South this year (Guilford is currently 7-8 overall), Illinois Wesleyan is doing well enough so far to potentially be regionally ranked in the Central this year.  If that is the case, then Emory may have at least 2 wins vs regionally ranked opponents on Feb. 21. 

It looks like Emory is seeming more secure in the Pool C chances this year at this time then last year when the Eagles had to play their way in with a home win vs Rochester on Senior Day.  This year, Emory already has a win vs Rochester.

deiscanton

Quick summary of the road teams performance on their particular weekend road slate over the past 4 years:

1.). Wash U has the most success of the teams playing on the road on this weekend's slate.  The Bears are 7-1 over the past 4 years at Case and CMU.

Wash U swept this weekend in 2013-14, 2015-16, and 2016-17.  The Bears have a 10 game UAA road winning streak going into this weekend.

2.). Chicago is 5-3 at Carnegie Mellon and Case over the past 4 seasons.

Chicago swept the weekend in 2015-16, but has split the series the other 3 times.

3.). Rochester is 5-3 at Brandeis and NYU over the past 4 seasons.

Rochester swept the weekend last season and in 2014-15.  They split the weekend in 2015-16, and went 0-2 in 2013-14.

4.). Emory is 4-4 at NYU and Brandeis over the past 4 seasons.

The Eagles went 0-2 on this weekend last season, and last went 2-0 on this weekend in 2013-14.

Greek Tragedy

Good work deiscanton!

This weekend worries me then. I thought hey we're good last year and they went 0-2!
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

deiscanton

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on January 18, 2018, 09:48:58 AM
Good work deiscanton!

This weekend worries me then. I thought hey we're good last year and they went 0-2!

I would advise neutral UAA fans to watch the Emory at NYU game as their top choice on Friday to see where things stand.  I will be at my alma mater to watch the Rochester doubleheader.  When Brandeis is at home for UAA action, I prefer to watch the UAA games in person.

deiscanton

We had a rare occasion in the UAA this evening as all of the road teams swept the Friday night doubleheaders on the women's and men's sides.

deiscanton

I will be at Auerbach Arena today to see Whit Rapp, Adam Gigax, Romin Williams, and the rest of the Emory Eagles take on a young Brandeis squad.  Anything can happen in the UAA, but most neutral fans are looking for Emory to complete the weekend sweep to set up the next 2 weekends, when Emory will take on Chicago and Wash U.

Update:  Setting the Friday/Sunday order for Emory for the next 2 weekends.  Emory is home next weekend and away the following weekend.

Mr. Mo

Halftime — WashU up 50-37 at Carnegie.

deiscanton

Listening to JC DeLass while we are at halftime in Waltham-- NYU coach Joe Nesci is home with an illness today, so Taylor Roth is coaching the Violets today from the bench.

At halftime, Emory led 49-31 at Brandeis.

At halftime, Chicago led 41-35 at Case.  That game is the closest of the 3 right now.

Rochester/NYU about to tip...  NYU men had their alumni game this morning.