FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

faunch and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

retagent

I just happened to be flipping through the channels last week when I happened upon the Todd Fultz saga. Good footage of John, and Todd at the natural bowl.

GoldandBlueBU

MIAC awards are out...

MVP -  Logan Flannery

Stam - Kyle Schroeder

Coach of the year - Glen Caruso

Congrats to the winners!

http://miac-online.org/news/2010/11/19/MIACFB_AWARDS_2010.aspx

D O.C.

tommiegun...I suspect half your karma is from me. Thanks for the information.

Don't tell anybody but when you have a 6'5" inch quarterback who runs, passes, and kicks you already have Felix in the bag.

Not really a tradition but the Canton Hall of Fame coach from 3 national championships in the'80's is still around practices and he used to love to punt on 3rd down.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Redtooth on November 23, 2010, 01:43:31 PM
Before this conversation on trick plays being put on film for Linfield to prepare for goes much farther, people need to understand how the film exchange in the playoffs works.  Linfield will not get the UST/Benedictine game due to the one game lag that exists on exchange after the first round.  The NCAA Games Committee rep assigned to each playoff game is given 3 game films from each of the teams playing the opposite game; as an example the rep at the UST/Benedictine game had the last 3 Linfield games and the last 3 Cal Luth games.  When Linfield won, their 3 films were given to the UST staff by the rep.  Obviously the game being played the same day is not available or provided, thus the one week lag.  So if Linfield is preparing for trick plays it is doing so without the benefit of seeing the film.

This process continues throughout the playoffs; if you are fortunate enough to make the Stagg Bowl (which we were able to do twice at SJU while I coached) you don't get the semis film from your opponent.  In our case, not seeing Mount Union totally destroy teams in the semis did not hurt us. 

Redtooth -- I am not sure if this is accurate anymore now that teams can exchange video over the Internet. I know that when possible, teams exchanged video on Sunday night last week, when the bracket was announced, rather than by Fedex.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

usee

I think that's right Pat. I am pretty sure all teams exchanged their playoff games by Monday of this week.

MonroviaCat

Quote from: USee on November 23, 2010, 06:16:04 PM
I think that's right Pat. I am pretty sure all teams exchanged their playoff games by Monday of this week.
And they could just go here and watch the game too.... http://www.meridix.com/mbp/football/index.php?liveid=msbnchannel3&recordid=15451
Go Cats!

criswyly

Life Long Tommie & UST Bench
Haven't you guys learned yet....scores comparisons are meaningless...according to every expert I've ever heard including our own PC.

Try this one on for size:
September 11, 2010
Cal Lu 47
Linfield 42

November 20, 2010
Linfield 42
Cal Lu 26

Hmmm....guess aberrations do happen...........

Don't forget your booties cause it's cold out there!

criswyly

And then there was the SJU Stagg Win that all the critics were saying couldn't happen in 2003...The Johnnie's regular season games and playoffs results were mostly close and competitive.....hmmmmm ::)

stanbob

Quote from: criswyly on November 23, 2010, 07:51:11 PM
And then there was the SJU Stagg Win that all the critics were saying couldn't happen in 2003...The Johnnie's regular season games and playoffs results were mostly close and competitive.....hmmmmm ::)

Don't try to reason with tommies, past their capabilities.  Plus Bench is the only tommie that has been around more than the last 13 months.
Everyday is payday in paradise.

RussellT22

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 23, 2010, 06:13:03 PM
Quote from: Redtooth on November 23, 2010, 01:43:31 PM
Before this conversation on trick plays being put on film for Linfield to prepare for goes much farther, people need to understand how the film exchange in the playoffs works.  Linfield will not get the UST/Benedictine game due to the one game lag that exists on exchange after the first round.  The NCAA Games Committee rep assigned to each playoff game is given 3 game films from each of the teams playing the opposite game; as an example the rep at the UST/Benedictine game had the last 3 Linfield games and the last 3 Cal Luth games.  When Linfield won, their 3 films were given to the UST staff by the rep.  Obviously the game being played the same day is not available or provided, thus the one week lag.  So if Linfield is preparing for trick plays it is doing so without the benefit of seeing the film.

This process continues throughout the playoffs; if you are fortunate enough to make the Stagg Bowl (which we were able to do twice at SJU while I coached) you don't get the semis film from your opponent.  In our case, not seeing Mount Union totally destroy teams in the semis did not hurt us. 

Redtooth -- I am not sure if this is accurate anymore now that teams can exchange video over the Internet. I know that when possible, teams exchanged video on Sunday night last week, when the bracket was announced, rather than by Fedex.

That is correct Pat unless something has changed in 3 years. Previous 2 games are given to the winner at the site and then the teams are to find a mutually agreed way to exchange previous game. Really pretty simple with todays technology.

USTBench

Quote from: stanbob on November 23, 2010, 08:00:04 PM

Don't try to reason with tommies, past their capabilities.  Plus Bench is the only tommie that has been around more than the last 13 months.

Yeah, if it wasn't for the fact UST went 2 and 7 in 2007 and I forgot my old password you'd see I have a few thousand more posts (didn't have too much s**t to talk that year). That and the fact that I am a UST rube with positive karma should indicate the SJU faithful take me with a grain of salt.

I am a fairly reasonable person with a great interest in 1980s NAIA football. So if the Linfield alums wouldn't mind regaling me with stories from before every single player in Saturday's game was even born, that'd be most appreciated.
Augsburg University: 2021 MIAC Spring Football Champions

cobbernation

Hey Everyone I have 2 tickets to tomorrow's Wild game at 7 p.m. that I can't use.  If you are interested in them please PM me.  THanks.

D O.C.

All I remember is we would not have stuck out a hand to help you up after we knocked you down.

criswyly

USTBench,
Okay....+K......you got me laughing.....

OzJohnnie

Quote from: stanbob on November 23, 2010, 08:00:04 PM

miacmaniac.  I think he's been around longer.

(But I have to cheer the venom.)
[