WBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by wheatonc, March 03, 2005, 06:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Sager

Wow. Any details you can share as to why, Lucas? And, given the late date, does this mean that Mark Youngs will take over next year as interim head coach, or will NCC go through the hiring process right now and install a new head coach over the summer?
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

RogK

I'm not completely surprised, as this past season could not have been much fun for her. Good luck to her at her next stop! I'm very glad she implemented a version of "the System" for several seasons (through 16-17), as those games were always packed with action (most of it good, some a bit sloppy); the athleticism of all players was fully tested. The alertness of those keeping score or broadcasting or refereeing was fully tested, too!
I'd think NCC has time to find a new coaching staff. One would hope/assume that those good recruits lmitzel recently alluded to would stick with their NCC plans, unlike D1 players in this situation.

lmitzel

Not knowing how much I'm at liberty to share I don't want to delve into too deep of detail, but I can say it was her call. She told the team earlier this week, and before bringing it up to me she said she wasn't sure if I'd heard or not, so I guess it's out there to some degree. I didn't see it coming, not after how excited she seemed about the incoming recruits.

I do know that they're going to be undertaking a nationwide search for a new coach. Michelle was hired in June of 2010, so it's not like there isn't precedent here for a summer hire.

Quote from: RogK on May 17, 2018, 05:54:11 PM
The alertness of those keeping score or broadcasting or refereeing was fully tested, too!

And this is why the phrase "Wholesale line change for the Cardinals" became part of my lexicon for five years. :)
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

RogK

Doug Porter is returning to the NAIA, following a season with Wheaton (and five at NCC) :
http://www.judsoneagles.com/article/3783.php
Good luck to him at his new gig!

gordonmann

We have a really good field of teams for the D3hoops.com Classic. Glad the Lady Reds are part of it.

lmitzel

#THREEEEEEEEE

lmitzel

North Central's schedule for 2018-19 is out.

Much like the 2016-17 campaign the Cardinals are only playing nine home games, with the opener coming on Saturday, November 10th against Knox. They're playing in two tournaments, one Thanksgiving weekend at Wilmington College in Ohio and at Wartburg College's Holiday Tournament the week after Christmas. Other non-con's include the trip up Maple to play Benedictine, road swings of home-and-homes with UW-Stevens Point and Dubuque, and a trip to St. Mary's (IN).

I continue to be bummed about the lack of home non-conference games, but I think some home dates are planned for the following year to help balance it out.
#THREEEEEEEEE

RogK

The Judson (NAIA) site no longer shows the Doug Porter announcement, so that deal may be off. Something to do with the Singapore meeting, I think.

lmitzel

Quote from: RogK on June 13, 2018, 11:29:34 AM
The Judson (NAIA) site no longer shows the Doug Porter announcement, so that deal may be off. Something to do with the Singapore meeting, I think.

Looks like Doug will return to Wheaton for the 2018-19 campaign, Singapore-related or not. :P

I'd gotten a little excited that he might have been a candidate for the NCC job for a minute to relive the glory System days, but alas, it was not meant to be.
#THREEEEEEEEE

AndOne

Quote from: lmitzel on May 17, 2018, 02:46:20 PM
So I just got a bombshell dropped on me: Michelle Roof is leaving North Central, I believe effective end of next week.

Quote from: Gregory Sager on May 17, 2018, 04:56:01 PM
Wow. Any details you can share as to why, Lucas? And, given the late date, does this mean that Mark Youngs will take over next year as interim head coach, or will NCC go through the hiring process right now and install a new head coach over the summer?
Quote from: lmitzel on May 18, 2018, 10:35:17 AM
Not knowing how much I'm at liberty to share I don't want to delve into too deep of detail, but I can say it was her call. She told the team earlier this week, and before bringing it up to me she said she wasn't sure if I'd heard or not, so I guess it's out there to some degree. I didn't see it coming, not after how excited she seemed about the incoming recruits.

I do know that they're going to be undertaking a nationwide search for a new coach. Michelle was hired in June of 2010, so it's not like there isn't precedent here for a summer hire.

Mark Youngs will undoubtedly not be taking over any position at North Central. 😯
Youngs has become an assistant women's coach at D1 Austin Peay.
Accordingly, NCC is currently looking for both a new head coach, and top assistant. 🏀 🏀

gordonmann

Olivia Lett joined us for this month's Around the Nation podcast to talk about her time playing professionally in Spain, the transition to head coach at Millikin and her approach to recruiting. You can listen to our conversation here:

http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2018/06/atn-lett-toomey

RogK

If any CCIW WBB teams must engage in some stupid team-bonding activities, stay out of caves.

lmitzel

#THREEEEEEEEE