WBB: American Rivers Conference

Started by J 2 The Brizo, February 09, 2005, 10:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doolittledog

Quote from: Alfredeneumann on March 17, 2016, 02:40:19 PM
Quote from: doolittledog on March 17, 2016, 10:36:00 AM
Love seeing the IIAC doing well in national tourneys.  And nice to see the local press picking up on the story.  The Wartburg women were on the local news last night as well!

You mean like Wartburg winning the National wrestling title..... again?  ;D
Strangely enough, yes. Your Knights have managed an unprecedented level of success over a LONG period of time, all while competing in the best wrestling conference in the nation.
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

Bird Dog

Wartburg loses to Tufts 63 to 50.  Congratulations on a strange and wonderful season. 

I am looking at the tournament brackets.  Can anyone splain to me why NCAA has the final four teams come in to Columbus, Ohio, play one game and then wait two weeks for the championship game on Monday April 4, 2016 to be played in Indianapolis.  Game on National television?  Drunken bracket master?

gordonmann

doolittledog

Dubuque finishes 1st in the country for team GPA, and Nebraska Wesleyan finishes 12th

http://www.iowaconference.com/news/2016/8/1/WBB_WBCA-Academic25.aspx
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

doolittledog

Opening weekend of conference play...

Wartburg wins @ Simpson  76 - 60   
Luther beats Coe 73 -   
BVU with the narrow win @ NWU 53 - 52   
Dubuque with the easy win over cross town rival Loras 52 - 39

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The season has started fast and for some teams they still haven't lost. Not unexpected for some, maybe completely unexpected for others.

And there is a big battle between #1 and #2 in Division III men's basketball on tap!

On Thursday's edition of Hoopsville, Dave is back in studio and talking to some of the teams who find themselves without a loss, but probably still with plenty of questions that remain unanswered. Many of the teams are nationally ranked, but one of the teams tonight finds itself undefeated and receiving narry a point in any of the Division III polls.

Also on Thursday's edition, Dave will talk LIVE with either #1 Amherst or #2 Babson. The two men's programs face off in a rare #1 v #2 regular season battle. We chat with the winning coach after the game.

You can watch Hoopsville below staring at 7:00 pm ET. We are also experimenting with simulcasting the show on Facebook Live! More info here: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2016-17/dec8

Guests included (in order):
- Bob Amsberry, No. 8 Wartburg women's coach
- Amy Reed, Rochester Tech women's coach
- Landry Kosmalski, No. 22 Swarthmore men's coach
- Jon VanderWal, No. 3 Marietta men's coach
- Either Dave Hixon (No. 1 Amherst) or Stephen Brennan (No. 2 Banson) men's coach

This is most likley the last Thursday edition of Hoopsville before the holiday break (due to D3football.com coverage of Gagliardi Trophy and Stagg Bowl next week and proximity of Christmas the following week). The Thursday edition of the show will return January 5, 2017 - but stay tuned if we change our minds in two weeks.

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

doolittledog

Conference play started back up tonight.

Wartburg wins 73-55 over Loras
Simpson wins 65-62 over NWU
Luther wins 75-72 @ Central
Dubuque wins 65-61 over Coe

I was dropping off kids and shopping and what not and didn't catch any of the games over the net tonight.  Maybe Klompen and Bird Dog or others can give me their analysis!

Alfredeneumann

Wartburg's Miranda Murphy wins back to back Conference player of the week award.

http://go-knights.net/news/2017/1/9/womens-basketball-murphy-repeats-as-iiac-female-athlete-of-the-week.aspx?path=wbball

She is getting as aggressive / effective going to the hoop as her dad Mike was for Buzz Levick back in the late '80's.
Aaron Kampman on Coach Ed Thomas
I believe his greatest legacy comes not in how many football games he won or lost but in the fact that he was a committed follower of Jesus Christ.

Alfredeneumann

IIAC Women's standings  1/8/17

Wartburg (11/9)      5-0
Buena Vista             4-0
Luther                     4-1
Dubuque                 2-3
Central                   1-3
Nebraska Wesleyan 1-3
Coe                        1-3
Simpson                 1-3
Loras                      1-4

Looks like .500 will be a lock make the conf. tournament.
Aaron Kampman on Coach Ed Thomas
I believe his greatest legacy comes not in how many football games he won or lost but in the fact that he was a committed follower of Jesus Christ.

doolittledog

Wednesday night scores...

Wartburg wins @ BVU 85-75   
Coe beats NWU 97-85
Loras wins @ Central 63-51
Simpson wins @ Dubuque 58-48

Once again I was driving kids all over the place.  No idea what to make of the conference at this point. 

Standings...

Wartburg 6-0
Luther.....4-1
Buena V..4-1
Coe Coll..2-3
Simpson.2-3
Dubuque 2-4
Loras......2-4
Central...1-4
Neb Wes 1-4

doolittledog

Big day in Dubuque as the Spartans travel .7 mile over to Loras

Wartburg College @ Nebraska Wesleyan 2:00 PM
Luther College @ Buena Vista 2:00 PM
University of Dubuque @ Loras 2:00 PM
Simpson College @ Coe 2:00 PM

doolittledog

Monday night make up games...

NWU wins @ Central 80-71
BVU beats Simpson 64-54
Dubuque beats Luther 80-71

Wednesday night games...

Central @ Dubuque
Coe @ Wartburg
Loras @ Simpson
NWU @ BVU

Standings...

Wartburg 9-1
Luther.....6-3
BVU........6-3
Loras......5-4
Coe.........4-5
Simpson..4-5
NWU.......3-6
Dubuque.3-6
Central....1-7

coocooforcoekohawk

Great to see Pookie's daughter tearing it up again this year!

Whooot! Whooot!!!
I'm so happy 'cause today I found my friends. They're in my head.  I'm so ugly, that's okay, 'cause so are you!

doolittledog

Last weekend of the regular season.  Dubuque @ Coe...if Dubuque wins they are in the conference tourney.  Go Spartans!

5 Words or Less