FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oxy1995

Quote from: Purple Heys on October 03, 2018, 03:42:44 PM
Quote from: Oxy1995 on October 03, 2018, 11:56:36 AM
The good stuff is near the end.  "Panic button"!!!
http://www.theoccidentalnews.com/sports/2018/10/02/former-athletic-director-jaime-hoffman-sues-occidental/2894089

Interesting concept introduced in this article:  "...Widolff was involved in an NCAA recruiting violation which subsequently resulted in the football program being placed on probation for two years, according to the NCAA public infractions report. Veitch, the board of trustees and Hoffman made a joint decision to terminate Widolff's contract, as any further violation of NCAA rules could have resulted in Occidental losing its ability to play any NCAA sport, according to the lawsuit."

Maybe I read the NCAA report wrong, but I understood the Football email foul-up was characterized as a minor infraction, worthy of the self-imposed punishment meted out by Oxy to Widolff.  It was the multiples serious issues with the Volleyball program that were an endangerment to the Oxy Athletics program.
You are 100 percent correct. 

Pat Coleman

Is this a good time and place to mention that I'll be at the game for The Shoes and the Chapman-Redlands game on Saturday? OK. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

olddog

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 03, 2018, 04:32:25 PM
Is this a good time and place to mention that I'll be at the game for The Shoes and the Chapman-Redlands game on Saturday? OK. :)

Enjoy, weather not quite as good as last week.

Looking at Chapman, I give them the edge over UR.... UR offense has struggled and I expect them to run ball a lot to slow down Chapman. Looking at Chapman's front 7, they are pretty small. D Line 215 to 235, and the backers 195 to 215. I expect Chapman to have the safeties up. Lets see if UR can put together a sound offensive game plan.
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

OxyBob

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 03, 2018, 04:32:25 PM
Is this a good time and place to mention that I'll be at the game for The Shoes and the Chapman-Redlands game on Saturday? OK.

Oxy vs. Whittier in the Battle For The Shoes. Whittier has lost 33 straight going back to 2014. If the Poets are thinking about getting a win, this is their chance. I guarantee that Oxy is not going to be inspired to win just one for the Hoffman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7g8PZBkxwE

OxyBob

Purple Heys

Quote from: OxyBob on October 03, 2018, 05:04:17 PM

Oxy vs. Whittier in the Battle For The Shoes. Whittier has lost 33 straight going back to 2014. If the Poets are thinking about getting a win, this is their chance. I guarantee that Oxy is not going to be inspired to win just one for the Hoffman.

OxyBob

On the flip side, Whittier's defense has been bad on an epic scale, particularly in the second half.  If there was a chance for Oxy, here it is.  That in and of itself is sad for Whittier, not having had the issues Oxy has.

I see this is an even money game, having watched both teams play.  The sad thing for either team is that a win will be touted as proof to validate their progress as a program, when nothing could be further from the truth.  For the winner, it will only mean that they are not the worst team of the two.

Over the remainder of the season, both of these teams will get blown out by the rest of the SCIAC, which given the relative lack of strength in the league this year, is the true commentary on where Whittier and Oxy currently are as football teams.
You can't leave me....all the plants will die.

OCguy

Chapman vs Redlands. This game will define the season. If Chapman can find a way up to Spokane, WA i think they actually have a good shot.

D O.C.

I'm sorry I'm not fit enough to get to the Panther - Bulldog game. Should be very enjoyable for a neutral fan.
PC is working so I cannot consider him a fan.

OxyBob

Whittier has lost 33 straight going back to 2014. If the Poets are thinking about getting a win, this is their chance.

Whittier 28 Oxy 13, Final

OxyBob

Oxy1995

Quote from: OxyBob on October 06, 2018, 06:23:01 PM
Whittier has lost 33 straight going back to 2014. If the Poets are thinking about getting a win, this is their chance.

Whittier 28 Oxy 13, Final

OxyBob
They want to run the option, but it is clear the coaching staff doesn't believe in it and has not committed to it.  You can't go in half way.
The defense is just poor. Saw a lot of catching on defense and not much tackling
It will be a long year, but the administration created this mess. It always takes longer to clean up a mess than it does to create it

D O.C.

What is the solute solution?
I can't remember when the lost to CMS.
(Did our CMS poster graduate?)

Looking forward to Runner tonight. Chapman should travel well.

Purple Heys

Congratulations to the Poets for breaking their losing streak.  They should rightfully enjoy it, and I’m going to be a good fan and be happy for them.
You can't leave me....all the plants will die.

Gray Fox

Fierce When Roused

astro9046

CMS vs CLU is a story of CLU poorly executed special teams and Offense that can't score within the Red Zone. Score reflects a D matchup but with CLU TDs called back due to holding, great Punt and Kickoff returns fumbled or called back because of personal fouls, short snaps on punt deep in CMS territory, missed Field Goals from 26yds & 47yds. Hats off to the CMS for capitalizing on poorly executed Offense & special teams, so hard to watch. Feel sorry for CLU D, with no support from an Offense that just can't score. The battle in the trenches was great and CMS focused on double and triple teaming the NG  but had to run ball outside to create majority of their rushing yards.
SAD SAD SAD ::)
"SOME PEOPLE THINK FOOTBALL IS A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH. I ASSURE YOU, IT'S MUCH MORE SERIOUS THAN THAT"

olddog

Maynard pulled one out of the hat Saturday night. Bringing in the second team QB (who now is first) off the bench to lead UR to victory was something else to see. The most complete game I have see UR play in a while. I was surprised  and hats off to the Staff and Team. I think the real story is the defense and stopping the run. Bit of a payback to Chapman from last year. Kennedy was a beast grinding out 150 yards all between 3 to 11 yard gains.
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability