MBB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, February 24, 2005, 09:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fredfalcon

WW appears loaded, as do Oshkosh, EC. They should be pre-season picks to finish in top 3 spots. A scramble for 4th among several others. But that's all theoretical .WW had probably the best talent a year ago. Will they gel this year? Do transfers alter the script? Freshmen?
WORLD'S OLDEST FALCON FAN.

MESSAGE TO RECRUITS:  IN DOUBT? ENROLL AT STOUT. DON'T CARE? GO TO EAU CLAIRE. AT A LOSS? TRY LACROSSE. FEELIN' OUTTA JOINT? YOUR PLACE IS POINT. DON'T LIKE THE REST? DO WHAT'S BEST!

GOT BALLS? PLAY FOR THE FALLS!

fredfalcon

Oshkosh, listed at 21st, only WIAC team in D3 Top 25 pre-season poll. Point, WW, Lax, RF in that order, getting "also getting votes" credit. UST, Bethel in Top 25.

MESSAGE TO RECRUITS:  IN DOUBT? ENROLL AT STOUT. DON'T CARE? GO TO EAU CLAIRE. AT A LOSS? TRY LACROSSE. FEELIN' OUTTA JOINT? YOUR PLACE IS POINT. DON'T LIKE THE REST? DO WHAT'S BEST!

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: fredfalcon on October 19, 2017, 09:44:16 AM
WW appears loaded, as do Oshkosh, EC. They should be pre-season picks to finish in top 3 spots. A scramble for 4th among several others. But that's all theoretical .WW had probably the best talent a year ago. Will they gel this year? Do transfers alter the script? Freshmen?

Only three (Bryson, Knobloch &  VanSchyndel) of our top ten (minutes played) have graduated.  Jones, Rongstad, Tyler, Brown, Woodley, Pfeifer and Turner have all returned.  A D2 guard who should see significant playing time has joined the team as well as a forward from Rock Valley.  I don't know much about the freshman recruits though I'm not sure any of them will make more than a minimal contribution this year. 

We should be pretty decent and competitive this year. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

Just Bill

Quote from: fredfalcon on October 19, 2017, 09:54:29 AM
Oshkosh, listed at 21st, only WIAC team in D3 Top 25 pre-season poll. Point, WW, Lax, RF in that order, getting "also getting votes" credit. UST, Bethel in Top 25.
Which rankings are these?
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

Flying Dutch Fan

Quote from: Just Bill on October 19, 2017, 12:54:16 PM
Quote from: fredfalcon on October 19, 2017, 09:54:29 AM
Which rankings are these?

Fred was looking at last years preseason rankings.  Nothing out for this coming season yet...
2016, 2020, 2022 MIAA Pick 'Em Champion

"Sports are kind of like passion and that's temporary in many cases, but academics - that's like true love and that's enduring." 
John Wooden

"Blame FDF.  That's the default.  Always blame FDF."
goodknight

fredfalcon

Sorry. I jumped the gun, thought I checked to see that it was this year's pre-season rankings. It was last year's.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: fredfalcon on October 19, 2017, 06:18:51 PM
Sorry. I jumped the gun, thought I checked to see that it was this year's pre-season rankings. It was last year's.

Give us about 10 days... we usually get the preseason polls out by the end of October. I believe women's voters have their info; men's voters will have it soon. We usually get about a week to hash out the preseason ballot (give or take).
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

fredfalcon

Greek Tragedy--did you see the scrimmage between Point and UMD? I heard that Point came out ahead by about 5 pts. in all three "halves." What was your impression?

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: fredfalcon on November 01, 2017, 09:59:21 AM
Greek Tragedy--did you see the scrimmage between Point and UMD? I heard that Point came out ahead by about 5 pts. in all three "halves." What was your impression?

I did not. I live 2+ hours away from Quandt, have a wife who thinks sitting in a car for more than an hour is an eternity and a 6-year old who doesn't care about anything except Minions and Angry Birds. I make Point games about 3 times a year...and that's on a sunny day, downhill with the wind. LOL. Long gone are the days I would travel for a Point game on a weeknight, let alone a weekend! Maybe someone like uwspbandit or tomt4525 can chime in. Definitely looking forward to the season starting.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

tomt4525

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on November 01, 2017, 11:25:46 AM
Quote from: fredfalcon on November 01, 2017, 09:59:21 AM

I did not. I live 2+ hours away from Quandt, have a wife who thinks sitting in a car for more than an hour is an eternity and a 6-year old who doesn't care about anything except Minions and Angry Birds. I make Point games about 3 times a year...and that's on a sunny day, downhill with the wind. LOL. Long gone are the days I would travel for a Point game on a weeknight, let alone a weekend! Maybe someone like uwspbandit or tomt4525 can chime in. Definitely looking forward to the season starting.

For the first time since I graduated from UWSP(2007), I won't be attending one of their "secret" scrimmages.  So sadly, I can't give an in person account of how they matched up with Duluth.  If indeed they beat Duluth by around 5 each of the 3 halves, that is a great sign in my eyes considering the circumstances that I've heard.  No, I won't get into those circumstances.  Season approaching quickly and it should be a good year to follow the WIAC.

I'll be attending the UWRF exhibition game with Duluth on Saturday, get to see the new arena up close.

fredfalcon

Other than Austin Moldenhauer at 6'11", one foot taller than he is, the RF roster appears accurate.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: fredfalcon on November 01, 2017, 05:16:53 PM
Other than Austin Moldenhauer at 6'11", one foot taller than he is, the RF roster appears accurate.

Keep him at 6'11" just to scare the opponents.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: fredfalcon on November 01, 2017, 05:16:53 PM

Ok, you got me.  I happened by in between your two posts so I checked out the roster and when I saw that I thought, "OMG, I hope that dude is a stiff."   ;D

If he is a problem for us to defend I don't think it will be because he is 5'11".  ;)
"Just think twice is my only advice."

fredfalcon

Top 25, 2017-18, is out with RF and WW ranked 10-11. Oshkosh "also getting votes" as is UST. EC not even mentioned and they return 3 starters in the first 20 or so WIAC stat categories. Again--WW loaded, altho I see Knoblauch transferred.