Regional Realignment

Started by Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan), February 27, 2013, 07:26:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

First, we apologize for the "June Podcast" showing up in early July. Computer problems caused havoc this month. Sadly, it delayed our production plans for several weeks, but we are calling this our June edition all the same.

When the season came to a sudden close, it left a lot of unfinished business on our end. We didn't have national champions to talk to, but we also had a lot of news to cover. This podcast we take some time to do some catching-up with the season's number one men's team and the Jostens Trophy winners - with Gordon Mann and Ryan Scott picking up the interviewing responsibilities.

And we all know the coronavirus has changed everything this year, but how close to home has it hit you? We talk to one coach who experienced it himself first hand while also having his wife be diagnosed with COVID-19 days after giving birth to their first child.

Guests include:
- Matt Airy, Aurora men's coach
- Sydney Kopp, No. 11 DePauw's Jostens Trophy winner (interviewed by Gordon Mann)
- Kena Gilmour, Hamilton's Jostens Trophy winner (interviewed by Ryan Scott)
- Landry Kosmolski, No. 1 Swarthmore men's coach

Oh, did we mention the Hoopsville Notebook? It is a jam-packed notebook this edition. Plenty of notes regarding coaching hires and changes, athletic decisions per COVID-19, Regional Ranking updates, and much more.

Dave also takes the time to say goodbye to Chris Wenzler, Sports Information Director at John Carroll University, who lost his 26-month battle with cancer. This month's show is dedicated in his honor.

You can listen to the podcast here: https://bit.ly/38i86Nc

Hoopsville broadcasts from the WBCA/NABC Studio. All guests are featured on the BlueFrame Technology Hoopsville Hotline. The offseason plan is to do a podcast each month. The shows will be audio-only leading up to the start of the 2020-21 when we will restart the video shows.

If you have questions, ideas, or want to interact with the show, feel free to send them to hoopsville@d3sports.com or use any of the social media options available.

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

We also have the podcast now on Tune-In and others coming. We will update them once we have better abilities to do so.

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3sports.com
Hoopsville Season Archive: www.team1sports.com/Hoopsville
YouTube: www.youtube.com/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

I ran across this today.  Not sure if it was public before or even if this is final.  Obviously it's already out of date with some association changes since the summer.  It gives us a good look at how they're thinking, though:

Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Inkblot

...Did they forget Maranatha Baptist exists? (Not that that's a hard thing to do.)

Here's how each region would change this year and be projected to change next year (which I assume is the earliest this could be implemented):

I – Lost Suffolk; gained Cazenovia, Dean, SUNY Cobleskill, and SUNY Poly – will gain SUNY Delhi – 42
II – Lost Pine Manor, gained Suffolk – 34
III – Gained Keuka – 42
IV – Lost Cazenovia, Eastern, Keuka, SUNY Cobleskill, and SUNY Poly; gained Arcadia and Lycoming – will gain St. Mary's (MD) – 38
V – Lost Arcadia and Lycoming; gained Eastern and York (PA) – 43
VI – Lost York (PA); gained Brevard and Pfeiffer – will lose St. Mary's (MD) and gain Mary Baldwin – 40
VII – Lost D'Youville – 49
VIII – Lost MacMurray – will lose Iowa Wesleyan and gain St. Norbert – 42
IX – Will lose St. Norbert and St. Thomas (MN) – 46
X – Will lose Louisiana College – 38
Moderator of /r/CFB. https://inkblotsports.com. Twitter: @InkblotSports.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

I'd like them to move Skyline to 2, CUNYAC to 3, and CSAC to 4.  I think that evens things out a bit better, but this is fine.  I'm sure things will still get changed a bit before it's implemented.

Caz Bombers

Quote from: Inkblot on October 08, 2020, 02:33:42 PM
...Did they forget Maranatha Baptist exists? (Not that that's a hard thing to do.)

Here's how each region would change this year and be projected to change next year (which I assume is the earliest this could be implemented):

I – Lost Suffolk; gained Cazenovia, Dean, SUNY Cobleskill, and SUNY Poly – will gain SUNY Delhi – 42
II – Lost Pine Manor, gained Suffolk – 34
III – Gained Keuka – 42
IV – Lost Cazenovia, Eastern, Keuka, SUNY Cobleskill, and SUNY Poly; gained Arcadia and Lycoming – will gain St. Mary's (MD) – 38
V – Lost Arcadia and Lycoming; gained Eastern and York (PA) – 43
VI – Lost York (PA); gained Brevard and Pfeiffer – will lose St. Mary's (MD) and gain Mary Baldwin – 40
VII – Lost D'Youville – 49
VIII – Lost MacMurray – will lose Iowa Wesleyan and gain St. Norbert – 42
IX – Will lose St. Norbert and St. Thomas (MN) – 46
X – Will lose Louisiana College – 38

Maranatha is on restricted membership due to various violations and I think they're just going to leave the division/NCAA completely.

Gregory Sager

Oh, those wacky Maranatha Baptist kids and their freewheeling, anything-goes lifestyle!

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

PauldingLightUP

I have not seen this posted anywhere else or for any other sport, but Cross Country posted regional realignment and names today. I have not done all the double checking, but it seems consistent with the regions Ryan posted just with different numbers.

Names: East, Mideast, Niagara, Mid-Atlantic, Metro, Great Lakes, South, North, Midwest, and West.

http://www.ustfccca.org/2021/07/featured/ncaa-division-iii-approves-10-region-realignment-model-cross-country

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/championships/sports/crosstrack/d3/crosscountry/2021-22D3XCC_RegionalRealignment.pdf

hickory_cornhusker

Quote from: PauldingLightUP on July 08, 2021, 05:05:50 PM
I have not seen this posted anywhere else or for any other sport, but Cross Country posted regional realignment and names today. I have not done all the double checking, but it seems consistent with the regions Ryan posted just with different numbers.

Names: East, Mideast, Niagara, Mid-Atlantic, Metro, Great Lakes, South, North, Midwest, and West.

http://www.ustfccca.org/2021/07/featured/ncaa-division-iii-approves-10-region-realignment-model-cross-country

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/championships/sports/crosstrack/d3/crosscountry/2021-22D3XCC_RegionalRealignment.pdf

The PDF has St. Thomas (MN) in the North Region. Are they still competing in D3 this year?

Greek Tragedy

Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on August 29, 2021, 08:26:25 PM
New regions announced yet?

Pat set up the pages on the site last night.

Baldini

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on August 29, 2021, 08:29:36 PM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on August 29, 2021, 08:26:25 PM
New regions announced yet?

Pat set up the pages on the site last night.

Ripon needs to be added to the Region 9 list.

sac

Finlandia needs a home too, I assume region 9.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: sac on August 29, 2021, 09:26:21 PM
Finlandia needs a home too, I assume region 9.

Finlandia is in the C2C, in Region 6.

(Ripon fixed, thanks for the catch, Baldini.)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

y_jack_lok

The realignment means, I assume, that you will be renaming the regions on these boards as well???

I'm sure there are other odd regional placements, but some that stuck out to me are Hendrix, Rhodes, and Finlandia in Region 6. Seems like the first two could go in Region 8 and Finlandia in Region 9.

Not really criticizing, as I'm sure this was challenging for the NCAA.

D3RetiredHooper

Are they splitting up the MAC-Commonwealth into two regions?  Albright and Eastern (region 4) look to be in different regions compared to the rest of the Commonwealth in Region 5.