Utica 10
Catholic(1-1) 16

Coast Guard(1-1) 13
Union 28

RPI 36
WPI(0-2) 14

St. Lawrence 17

Norwich(0-2) 10

As a Norwich fan, it was a disappointing loss to SLU as that was very much a game the Cadets could've won. A couple unforced errors and, with the benefit of hindsight, some questionable play calls made the difference. But, the defense was much, much improved from last week and the coaches deserve a lot of credit for that improvement.

But, offensively they need to find some sort of a passing game. Their identity is the read-option and they're good at it, but it's hard to really open up the run game when you're only completing 4 passes for 21 yards.

NED3Guy

Mosely- come back and visit us on the ECFC board. Sap Bucket week, would love to hear your thoughts.

dlippiel

Eglintine coming into his own and making the Pride relevant again in the East Region picture. If the Pride D can stay on task and consistent we may see an undefeated Springfield team in 2017.

Question: With the Pride being in the NEWMAC and taking into account some of the East Region and national bias towards NE football conferences would the Pride be taken seriously on an East Region and even a national level if they were to indeed finish the season undefeated? It's been awhile since the Pride was realistically in the mix within the top tier of NE, the East Region, and on a nation scale.

First things first for Springfield and that is regaining their position as the top dog of NE which was basically a given for so many years. Interesting season for sure. Always interesting to dlip who has an unhealthy love of the triple option and still possess a man crush on Chris Sharpe!  8-)

H.C.Mosely1895

Springfield's OOC schedule certainly helps their credibility. Beating WNE, rather convincingly, will give them a claim to regional superiority that no other team in a new conference can make. It'll take a couple years for the NEWMAC to establish it's bona fides, and Springfield is realistically going to have to be a leader in establishing them.

With that said, being in the top tier of NE and being in the top tier of the East Region are two different discussions. I think Springfield is already in the top tier of NE.

Conference play kicks off this week, with the highlight being (for me anyways, but I think for the league as well) the return of the "Little Army Navy Game" as Norwich and Coast Guard play for the first time since 2005. Having attended Norwich from 2009-2013, I heard countless stories from alumni about this rivalry and it'll certainly be a special atmosphere at homecoming in Vermont. With that said, until the Cadets' offense shows a pulse, I have to pick Coast Guard as a clear favorite. My straight picks:

Coast Guard @
Norwich

Merchant Marine @
Maine Maritime

MIT @
Catholic

WPI @
Springfield

ITH radio

Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

ITH radio

SC released it's 2018 schedule today. Keeping Kean in the OOC game Week 2 and added Union in Week 3
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

NED3Guy

What does the job at MIT look like for a potential candidate? What kind of guys do they target / what kind of guy shows interest in this job?

NESCAC Coordinators? Ivy position guys? I would assume that they need somebody with a background in recruiting high level academic guys, right?

fulbakdad

I think you meant to post that on the Commonwealth Coast Conference board, where Endicott it.

But reading it, isn't Hobart hiding the fact that he left there and coached at Endicott in the Bio?

Oline89

Quote from: fulbakdad on February 01, 2018, 06:11:46 AM
I think you meant to post that on the Commonwealth Coast Conference board, where Endicott it.

But reading it, isn't Hobart hiding the fact that he left there and coached at Endicott in the Bio?

I believe  that PA is answering the previous question of what does the potential coach of MIT look like.  The Bio is from 2012 Hobart media guide, before Coach Dewall left for Endicott.

fulbakdad

MRMIKESMITH

Really interested to see how Kean plays against Springfield with them having a couple weeks to prepare for the option. I'm somewhat bitter that Kean will have 3/4 weeks to prepare for my Gulls. I'll be watching the game closely to see how things shape up. I think it will be a close one.

Caz Bombers

Quote from: MANDGSU on September 07, 2018, 09:17:50 AM
Really interested to see how Kean plays against Springfield with them having a couple weeks to prepare for the option. I'm somewhat bitter that Kean will have 3/4 weeks to prepare for my Gulls. I'll be watching the game closely to see how things shape up. I think it will be a close one.

Narrator voice: It was not.