FB: Upper Midwest Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DadofBashWarrior..

DevilDad...I am interested in your feedback about Millikin after your scrimmage.

DevilDad

DadofBash....Offensively,  Millikin ran several sweep plays with the WR. Sometimes used WR as decoys then handed off to RBs. They did burn our DBs on several play action plays for long gains/TDS. WRs were fast as well. When they got a step on a route they were able create separation.  Defensively, Millikin was able to stop our offense inside the red zone better than I would have liked. However, their defense seemed vulnerable when we drove the length of the field. They did stop our straight runs but our draws seemed to catch them unaware.

Millikins o-line looked big but had some trouble with our speed pass rushers. They also were going up against several freshman players on our d-line. Overall, both teams seemed ready to play. Hopefully our freshman learned what to expect at the collegiate level. Several players came from winning high school teams, so hopefully, they will want to continue their winning ways.

DevilDad

With kick off less than one week away, what team does your school play and how do you feel about the upcoming season?

DevilDad

Eureka will be playing Knox College in the 3rd annual Lincoln Bowl at Knox. EC offense has 6 starters coming back including preseason All American Blake Robles along with his favorite target from last year, Dorrell Baugh. On defense, EC returns only 3 starters and could start as many as 3 to 5 freshman with up to 8 freshman seeing playing time.

Pat Coleman

More like preseason All-of-American ... an All-American team that has 620 players on it is misnamed.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

DevilDad

I never really looked at the complete list but yea when there is enough players listed for each D3 team to have two or three players, the list might be too long.

Another question, is there any other posters for UMAC teams? I would really like to hear from other teams fan base to get their thoughts on their teams.

DadofBashWarrior..

DevilDad

Tough loss but it is hard to pin it on either the offense or defense. Offense only put up 3 in the first half while the defense pitched a shutout. Second half was the opposite. Game was decided on last play with Knox getting about 2.5 yards from the 2 yard line. It was just enough to score.

Not sure about Knox but Eureka had 21 freshman getting their first playing experience with several of the starting and others getting serious playing time. Hopefully, they will realize that D3football is harder than high school. If they do, the future should be fine.

DadofBashWarrior..

Looking forward to the Eureka game this weekend...You always play us tough...am sure it will be another nailbiter...

DevilDad

DadofBash.... Hopefully it will be a great game. It will all depend on which team shows up. If the defense from first half of Knox and offense from second half of Knox, the game should be exciting. If either  side from theNorthwest game, well then it will be over by the end of the first quarter (sad to say.)

DadofBashWarrior..

Quote from: DevilDad on September 18, 2014, 11:44:10 PM
DadofBash.... Hopefully it will be a great game. It will all depend on which team shows up. If the defense from first half of Knox and offense from second half of Knox, the game should be exciting. If either  side from theNorthwest game, well then it will be over by the end of the first quarter (sad to say.)

Should be a great game played by both as usual...Hope both teams come away without injuries

DadofBashWarrior..

Quote from: DadofBashWarrior.. on September 15, 2014, 05:51:48 PM
Looking forward to the Eureka game this weekend...You always play us tough...am sure it will be another nailbiter...

As I thought...great game...each team taking the lead...nailbiter till about the last 12 seconds

DadofBashWarrior..

Anybody from Westminster??? ....anybody....come in Tokyo...come in Tokyo...anyone from Westminster???...are you there???

hopefan

Quote from: DadofBashWarrior.. on October 27, 2014, 07:42:18 PM
Anybody from Westminster??? ....anybody....come in Tokyo...come in Tokyo...anyone from Westminster???...are you there???

Sorry Dad, I'm a Basketball fan... but follow the UMAC standings to see how the SLIAC teams are doing.. nice to see Greenville and Westminster having good seasons... if the weather is nice and nothing else pops up, I might go over to Fulton on Saturday to check out the Greenville-Westmin game.....

and I haven't been able to find a regular poster from Westminster in the SLIAC Basketball room in 15 years....
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

DadofBashWarrior..

Quote from: hopefan on October 27, 2014, 10:35:02 PM
Quote from: DadofBashWarrior.. on October 27, 2014, 07:42:18 PM

Sorry Dad, I'm a Basketball fan... but follow the UMAC standings to see how the SLIAC teams are doing.. nice to see Greenville and Westminster having good seasons... if the weather is nice and nothing else pops up, I might go over to Fulton on Saturday to check out the Greenville-Westmin game.....

and I haven't been able to find a regular poster from Westminster in the SLIAC Basketball room in 15 years....

I cast into the abyss of the UMAC board and reel in a Hope College fan...quite a catch to me as one of my daughters graduated from Hope...I love Hope
OC for Greenville is my son so am looking forward to great game...WM sure slings the ball around