BB: NESCAC: New England Small College Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, December 31, 2005, 10:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Garnet on April 26, 2006, 10:34:45 AM
Quote from: knightstalker on April 14, 2006, 09:41:05 AM
Every Baltimore Orioles favorite Yankee fan Jeff Maier has set the career hits record at Wesleyan.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5521778?GT1=8021

Great article...

D1 players try to play the game on the field.

D3 players go straight to the Front Office! ;) :D

TUrighty14

anyone know of any NESCAC players playing in high level collegiate summer leagues?
i know there are a bunch in the NECBL, are any playing in the cape?

middlebury had a crop of really talented sophomores; was wondering if they were playing good summer ball?

chessdoc

Bostonian

I would love to hear thoughts on the NESCAC baseball season.

Seems like Middlebury will be the team to beat. Tufts has some strength on the mound. And Amherst, Trinity, Williams, and Bowdoin should be tough again.

Hopefully, there are some people that would like to talk NESCAC bball....

Old Spartan

would love to talk NESCAC bball, more to say when the games get going and the rosters come out

Rick Vaughn

Any thoughts on NESCAC preseason all-conference picks?

Bostonian

C- Kenny from Williams
1b- McDavitt from Tufts
2b- Bourdon from Trinity
3b- LAnahan from Middlebury
ss- Morgan from Williams
of- Koperniak from Bowdoin
of- Banner from Amherst
of- Pinto from Williams
ut- Lefebre from Middlebury
ut- Barnard from Trinity
P- Britton from Middlebury
P- Protano from Tufts
P- Donahue from Amherst

Old Spartan

I am a relatively new fan of college/NESCAC baseball.  Other than attending the games that you can, what is the best way of keeping track of the results etc.?  Clearly the school websites and the NESCAC site provide some information, but is there another source?

Bostonian

Unfortunately, no...this site will probably give the best info., although it does not seem like we have reps. from all the schools. I will see alot of Tufts games because my brother is there...not sure about you or anyone else's affiliations...

Old Spartan

So there are no secrets, my afiliation is with Trinity, though I do have some direct knowledge of several of the other teams as well.

Bostonian

We'll probably get to meet at Hartford.
Any idea how Rappaport and Kiely are doing? If Trinity has them back this year, they will be the team to beat in the NESCAC.

Old Spartan

I believe that they are both doing well.

Rick Vaughn

This year will be different in the NESCAC b/c we will be short two crazy coaches (Barnard and Hamilton's little league coach).  On that note, any opinions on the craziest coaches in the league?  Here are my rankings:

1.  Barnard -- The most antisocial person on the face of the earth
2.  Thurston -- The old two fingered hand shake
3.  Casey -- Don't know as much, but he just seems nuts
4.  Woodworth -- Low talker and Wes players say he is clueless
5.  Midd's pitching coach -- smokes cigs behind the dugout between innings
6.  Hamilton's little league coach -- hit fungoes last year with a metal bat...not a metal fungo, but just a regular bat

Any others feel free to add

Bostonian

I believe Coach Casey would be offended if you told him Barnard and Thurston were "crazier" than him...

Still, at least his "craziness" has a high degree of functionality to it...he's either very much liked or very much disliked, but he consistently puts a quality, tough team on the field for Tufts.

Old Spartan

The league will also be missing Coach Dexter, though i dont know that he is crazy.