BB: NESCAC: New England Small College Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, December 31, 2005, 10:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amh63

On a NICE Spring afternoon, Amherst won a game over a tough ECSU team on Memorial Field...3-1.
A rare game without an Announcer.  Eastern Conn State always field a team that contends for the Little East conference...and plays competitively against Amherst...in several sports.

P'bearfan

Bowdoin's 2017 season is off to a tough start.  The P'bears now stand at 4-8 on the young season.  Hopefully the double header the play Friday will be the catalyst for a turn around.

P'bearfan

Good news!  Bowdoin managed to sweep their double header with Keuka which brings their overall record to 6-8.  Nice way to build some momentum as they return north.

P'bearfan

The weather is wreaking havoc with Bowdoin's schedule.  The P'bears had to postpone two games with Amherst and now have moved four games to Waterville due to un-playable field conditions in Brunswick.  Bowdoin dropped one of those games to USM 0-6.  . 

P'bearfan

Bowdoin had a tough outing yesterday losing to USM, 0-6.  Hopefully they can bounce back this weekend as they play 3 games against Bates in Waterville.

GoUBears!!

P'bearfan

Congrats to the Polar Bears for defeating nationally ranked Tufts on Sunday, 3-2.  With the win Bowdoin still has a shot at the NESCAC tournament.  Well done!

D3SportsFan

Big series between Bates and Tufts this weekend in Medford to determine NESCAC East champion!

middhoops

No matter how many times I pinch myself, it seems that Middlebury (a school not known for its baseball for a long time, if ever) is playing tomorrow for the NESCAC title.
Doesn't seem possible, but it's true.
Blessed with a great first year class by the previous coach, former Bates coach Mike Leonard has his Panthers playing their best ball in May.
Midd can lose a game and take a Mulligan tomorrow morning at 9 as they've won 2 games while the winner of the Tufts-Amherst game has one loss already.
Wishing the Panthers all the good karma possible.  If they falter, it's still been an exciting season for NESCAC baseball in Vermont. 
No one I've spoken with saw this season coming.

middhoops

Congrats to Tufts.
They came back on Sunday and beat Middlebury twice to win the NESCAC title.

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

amh63

Strange....No one has posted on this board....except Middhoops...for a 120 day's....wow!
Watched the third game between Amherst and Williams today at Amherst.  It was a sunny but cool day in a game between arch rivals...that started college baseball so long ago in Pittsfield Ma......almost a 150 years ago.  Amherst won the three game series 2-1...Nescac West Division over the weekend.

amh63

An off-season post.  Amherst's fine head coach for the past nine years has resigned for personal reasons.  Nation wide search for a new coach has started.  Particulars are on the Amherst website.
Seems the Midd alum has been commuting from New Haven for the past 3 seasons.

amh63

On the eve of a new Nescac football season, a note and a follow up of my last post here.
Amherst has hired a new baseball coach...the former HC of Clark Un.  The particulars are on the Amherst Athletic website.  The new HC is a NE native and will join the Amherst staff in Sept.

amh63

Interesting warning as I started to reply....about the length of time of last topic reply. About a year ago, I posted on the Amherst vs Williams games....Amherst won two out of three.  It had been about 120 days from the last reply made.
Oh well.   
Amherst Under it's new HC won his first two Amherst vs Williams games on Saturday in Willytown. 
This is noted since, Amherst and Williams played the first college baseball in baseball history just down the road in Pittsfield, Ma.  Remembered the replay of that first game in Pittsfield in my lifetime.  There is a ballpark near the spot of the first game.  Watched a game in the ballpark awhile back.
Today, Amherst will play the third game against Williams at Memorial Field in Amherst...a postponed game.  It is noted that Robert Frost when he was teaching at Amherst, would often join his faculty friends in watching baseball on Memorial Field.  There is a large statue of Robert Frost placed in the main quad...Freshman Quad...just overlooking the field and close to the Frost Library.  JFK came up to Amherst to dedicate the Library in the Fall of 1963...soon afterwards JFK would lose his life.
Will be watching the third game today online.  Important game in the standings in the West Division for both teams.

jumpshot

amH63 failed to finish his post by reporting Williams crushed the former lord jeffs 14 to 4 ....