BB: GNAC: Great Northeast Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, February 11, 2006, 04:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catch08

Smolin throws nothing close to 93 unless the person with the gun had alittle too much to drink that day. He was the best pitcher in the league by far so I dont want anyone to get that confused, however he did not come close to sniffing upper 80's. Does Joe Torre win coach of the year every year how about Geno for Uconn women hoops ??? What does LaBranche teach Golf ? Come on now.  Hollowatty does the same stuff at Eastern. Dont bash other coaching staffs around the league is my point. They had 5 players on both teams. All the teams vote on the awards and it goes by in conf stats as well. WNEC is trying to be the new eastern, well thats not going to happen. And if anyone read my previous posts they would see that I didnt bash WNEC. Dont bash other schools INCLUDING ALBERTUS if you want a hint there it is. Dont bash other coaches and the work they put into it. Very easy to sit in your dirty underwear and read stats from college kids because you were the last one picked at reccess.

wordsmith

Quote from: Catch08 on May 06, 2007, 05:41:55 PM
What does LaBranche teach Golf ? Come on now.  Hollowatty does the same stuff at Eastern.

FYI>>Matt Labranche teaches a Personal Health and Wellness class at WNEC.
Word

TheGNAC

Catch,

I was at the WNEC-JWU game, behind the plate. The Mets scout in attendance for Smolin had him sitting upper 80's, touching 91-92.

Isaac Burkett is lucky if he hits 87.

StraightGas

Catch08,

The facts are there.  JOUL and TheGNAC have confirmed the obvious.  Maybe you should read threads other than the GNAC. 

And it appears you were the last one picked to read in English class.  Your spelling and grammar are borderline grade school. 

Catch08

What facts did you step into a batters box this year ??? I was in the box against the all of WNEC's guns and the rest of the GNAC were you ??? A kid doesnt go from 82 on our gun to another 10mph if he did then everyone should transfer to WNEC because they are doing some mind blowing things over there. How many people should WNEC have had ? All 9 ? And StraightGas which you only call yourself that because you most likely have never have thrown gas who do you play for you sound like a WNEC fan and if you read my other posts you would see that I dont doubt they were the best team and Matt is a very good coach. Dont bash other coaching staffs,players, and cry because everyone didnt get on the first team. I know alot of players that should have been on that did not get voted on the team

JOUL

Catch,

Only one guy mentioned anything about the other coaches...Which I agree was inappropriate.  However,  you have been bashing Smolin this whole time when you went 0-3 with 2 k's against him.  Also, I really dont think scouts make up numbers like 91-92 mph.  Usually, they are pretty honest.  And when did you EVER have a gun on him?

StraightGas

Do guys always throw their best every single game?  He may have been low to mid-80's against you but that doesn't mean he hasn't thrown harder. 

Major League Baseball scouts don't lie.

Paul Heering

Joul, Straightgas, catch08, and friends,

If i am getting up on my preverbial high horse and need to be knocked down i can take it but....

The point of these message boards (in my opinion and jim and pat can correct me if i am wrong) is to share information and opinions with each other.  i appreciate a good debate as much as the next guy but i don't think this is the place for you guys to go back and forth and say who got picked last or who has stinkier underwear.  I for one really appreciate a lot of the information that people throw up here and i have learned a lot.

Keep posting, your insight is great and appreciated, you all seem to know alot about the league.  But please if you want to go back and forth with attacks on each other or coaches or players do it somewhere else.  send a private message, send each other an email, or even better just let it go. 

thanks

Donald Aurthor

Catch08

Ok here we go again. Take the time and read my posts. Smolin SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE PITCHER OF THE YEAR ive been saying it all year. I was shocked when he wasnt as most people who have seen the kid throw. However I dont think he hits 92 there is no way he gained 10 mph since the begining of the year just no way. We have a radar gun that charts our pitchers as most ppl do. And i did go 0-3 against him. I also hit 367 if you want to go to my schools website or the GNAC website and see my name on some leaderboards. I dont like it when Newenglandboy comes to the aid of WNEC like they need help. Maybe they did get big leagued but 5 kids on the 1st and 2nd teams arent bad. You dont play the game on paper you play the game on the field. We beat Suffolk this year when there number 1 seed was on the line. So thats where i take offense to the terrible teams. When your on a team trying to win games the last thing you want to hear is some guy behind a computer and fake name talking crap about your school and a coaching staff that works hard to better the team is out of line. So hopefully that ends that.

StraightGas

Does anyone have the names and statistics for the All-Conference guys (first and second teamers)?  I actually never saw a compiled list, just a few names off some websites.

Thanks.

JOUL

1st team was.....
Nick Martinho C - Suffolk
Greg Dimarco RF - Suffolk
Jeison King CF - Suffolk
Marc Exarhopoulos DH - Suffolk
Alex Hurley 2B - JWU
Casey Allen UT - DWC
Eric Smolin P - WNEC
Ryan Kravontka SS - WNEC

Those were the only teams that posted anything...Obviously there are a few missing, but the GNAC website was useless and had to get these from individual websites...I think that JWU's Left Fielder was in here too but not positive.  And not sure about 3rd

2nd team was....
Tom Horgan 1B WNEC
Travis Schwamb DH WNEC
Justin Walz 2B WNEC

JOUL

1ST Team

Casey Allen – Util .300, 7 2B, 22 RBI  .... 2-6, 5.79 ERA...DWC
Eric Smolin – Pitcher 7-1 1.31 ERA...WNEC
Ryan Kravontka – SS .379, 9 2B, 3 3B, 2 HR, 24 RBI...WNEC
Alex Hurley – 2B .444, 12 2B, 3 3B, 9 HR, 45 RBI, 23-24 SB...JWU
Nick Martinho – C/1B .368, 8 2B, 2 3B, 6 HR, 33 RBI 7-7 SB...SUFF
Greg DiMarco – RF .406, 2 2B, 2 3B, 1 HR, 17 RBI, 12-18 SB...SUFF
Marc Exarhopoulos – DH .367, 6 2B, 1 HR, 25 RBI...SUFF
Jeison King – CF .355, 10 2B, 2 3B, 3 HR, 23 RBI, 19-20 SB...SUFF

Again...These were the only guys who were shown on each teams website, so obviously there are some guys missing (3B, 1B)...anyone who knows, feel free to add on

Catch08

Mike Damiani First team Albertus Magnus
Jeff King Second Team Albertus Magnus
JR Bagley Second Team Albertus Magnus
Ward from Norwich made First Team as a Catcher

TheGNAC

First Team

Casey Allen, DWC – Util .300, 7 2B, 22 RBI
Eric Smolin, WNEC – SP 7-1 1.31 ERA, 55 K
Ryan Kravontka, WNEC – SS .379, 9 2B, 3 3B, 2 HR, 24 RBI
Alex Hurley, JWU – 2B .444, 12 2B, 3 3B, 9 HR, 45 RBI, 23-24 SB
Nick Martinho, SUFF – C/1B .368, 8 2B, 2 3B, 6 HR, 33 RBI 7-7 SB
Greg DiMarco, SUFF – RF .406, 2 2B, 2 3B, 1 HR, 17 RBI, 12-18 SB
Marc Exarhopoulos, SUFF – DH .367, 6 2B, 1 HR, 25 RBI
Jeison King, SUFF – CF .355, 10 2B, 2 3B, 3 HR, 23 RBI, 19-20 SB
Mike Damiani, AMC - OF .465, 12 2B, 1 3B, 0 HR, 22 RBI, 7-9 SB
Aaron Ward, NOR - C .425, 7 2B, 3 3B, 0 HR, 15 RBI
Isaac Burkett, RIV - SP 5-3, 1.45 ERA, 52 K

Emerson didn't place anyone on the first team.

Second team
Mike Crawford, RIV - .365, no other stats available
Brian Fennessy, EME - .333, 4 2B, 3 3B, 3 HR
Reid Jackson, SUFF - 6-1, 2.96 ERA, 30 K
Steve Durant, SUFF - 4-2, 4.31 ERA, 47 K
Kevin Silva, SUFF - .347, 4 2B, 1 3B, 1 HR
JR Bagley, AMC - .364, 6 2B, 0 3B, 0 HR
Jeff King, AMC - .319, 8 2B, 2 3B, 2 HR, 9-11 SB
Tom Horgan, WNEC - .338, 4 2B, 0 3B, 0 HR
Travis Schwamb, WNEC - .333, 12 2B, 0 3B, 3 HR
Justin Walz, WNEC - .298, 4 2B, 4 3B, 1 HR

Best I could come up with for statistics. Add to it if you'd like.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 06, 2007, 02:29:57 PM
Then is this recent voting possibly a "don't let the door hit your back side on the way out" matter?

That is exactly what I was thinking -- good call.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.