BB: New England Region Baseball Fields

Started by Paul Heering, April 06, 2007, 05:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ECSUalum

Word and all LEC posters,

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannakah and a Happy New year to all.

Looking forward to another active LEC thread for 2009.

Any thoughts on LEC and or New England  preseason poll?

Any new studs moving to LEC baseballclubs this year?

wordsmith

The pre-season poll for D-III came out yesterday. I meant to post the link but, have been busy with power, or lack of power issues. Ahhh New England.

http://www.baseballnews.com/polls/divIII/currentpolldiviii.htm

Anyway, for what it is worth here be my impressions. The Muskies of Southern Maine are, as always, O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D. Cortland State??? Come on Man

TEE (ECorn) - underrated (I cannot believe I just said that, but Word is in a giving mood)

The OHIO teams appear strong this year with 3 in the top 15. Be still my heart.

Keene State is probably not a top 25 team this year. I wish they were, but they just lost far too much talent. Next year (2010) they could be a Top 10 team though.

And where is Wheaton?

More later, look forward to your comments.

Word
Word

KSCfan

Word my opinions for what they are worth.  Southern Maine is not a top 5 team im sorry.  Who is there big gun pitchers that make them a top 5 team.  No one is a top 5 team without some pitching, and i saw USM pitching last year not impressed.  Keene was ranked 28 becuase they were strong last year.  I dont know if they are a top 30 team right now.  They need to prove themselves in the first weeks of the season to make me a believer.  Word you are right where is wheaton?  Eastern is right about where they need to be.  Gilblair is back and healthy and if they bring Jags back they are going to be a top 30 team all year long.  Its funny how wrong pre-season polls are, If you look back at the last five years preseason polls and compare them to the final end of the year results they are always pretty off.  Just my thoughts, TWO MONTHS TILL PRACTICE STARTS!!!!!!!!!!

keenONkeene

Slumdog Maine is WAY overrated--no pitching, avg. fielding--good hitting but always seem to have no chemistry--team thats ready to implode.........ECON with pitching will be very good and yes, Keene will be the "sleeper" this year...........Wheaton will always win--pitching and defense.

EasternCtFan

I think you posted in the wrong section KeeneonKeene this topic is about the baseball fields in the New England Region

KSCfan

KoK im curious about your opinions and i love how you dont sit on the fence either.  Keep posting on the LEC board.  Just curious Kok what are you feelings on the swamp that they play on in Keene

keenONkeene

Unfortunate that a program like Keene--Nationally recognized--has to play on that field---aside from the obvious issues there are lips all over the cut outs and drop offs behind 2nd and 3rd--amazes me that they get the quality of player they do--must show recruits the field in the winter.

wordsmith

A Day in the Life of Word :D

Went on a road trip yesterday (2/14). Left the Keene area after having done my run through the KSC athletic facility. Baseball field is still buried by 2-3 feet of ice and snow.

Now the interesting part. Headed off to Patriots Place in Foxboro. (Great place to visit, a must see is the Pats Hall of Shame, err Fame, and of course the GIANT Pro Bass Outlet. More dead critters in that store than I have ever seen in one place; also recommended is Bar Louies for those of you old enough. The, err, how should I say, the scenery is out-friggin'-standing.) ;)

Anyway, I digress, the snow cover begins to disappear near the Route 2 corridor. Several fields I drove past had a couple of inches of snow, did I mention the scenery at Bar Louies was amazing??? ::) ::) Once in Foxyboro, I realized there is no snow pack... lucky are all ya'll south of the Mass Pike.

Even talked to a certain coach from WNEC who mentioned the boys have been able to get outside and practice.

More melting today.  ;D ;D ;D

Daytona 500 this PM; Varitek back with the Red Sox. We all knew he couldn't leave galpal Heidi Watney; and best or worst of all The Evil Empire opens there quest for another National Title, in 13 days!!! (In my book they, and Texas-Tyler are odds on favs.)

Word

Word

wordsmith

Field Update

To all those KSC Fans enjoying the fun and sun in 'zona.

Went over to the KSC field last night. It is --> surprise<--- completely clear of snow. The infield and mound are naturally muddy but the outfield is firm and thawed (except for right field).

Barring a major rain event today or God forbid snow, we could see games there in late March. Weather forecast for the area is favorable to dry after today.

Word ;D
Word

KSCfan

Right field is always sloggy.  That seems to be the true problem area in that field.  I cant believe that it is completely clear of snow, that is some good news to behold.

363dp

Scheduled match up between the LEC (RIC) and NEWMAC (Wheaton) scheduled for today has been postponed til Saturday. RIC was able to open up on Tuesday but the field was not playable today.