1 (5.3%)
UMASS-Boston
1 (5.3%)
St. Joe's
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: May 19, 2010, 04:01:33 PM

Ralph Turner

Here is the message board for postings related to the Harwich MA Regional.

Bostonian

Should be called the Trinity invitational...I am guessing Regan will go on Wednesday, which will set up Kiely for the 2n dround and Bayer for the 3rd. I don't see anybody beating either of thsoe pitchers.

Biggest game I see is the potential 2nd round matchup of Keene vs. Wheaton.

Rick Vaughn

No need to rush Kiely and throw him 3 days rest.  Castleton St is likely the worst team in the tournament.  I know there is no such thing as a sure thing, but Trinity will sleep walk through that game.

KSCfan

Keene plays st joes who beat keene in the bottom of the 9th at thier place this year.  Keene will likely send Morin who was absolutely filth against eastern ct in the LEC playoff game.  Tough, Tough regional, i see Wheaton and Trinity absolutley pounding worchester and castleton.  How about three teams for the LEC this year. Crazy cant wait for the regional.  Predictions.  Im saying Keene upsets Wheaton in the finals.  Thats right im saying that Trinity doesnt even make it to sat.  Thats way out on a limb, but what the hell why not

Nuke LaLoosh

Trinity is set up so well for this tourney, with most likely Regan going Wednesday against Castleton, Kiely against Southern Maine/WNEC, and Bayer in the third game.

Kiely against anyone's number 2 and Bayer against anyone's number 3 works very well for the Bants. It's hard to even say which one of these kids is better, but they're both flat out filthy. Also, Trinity's lineup now is just different than it was in March and April. Barnard and Sullivan are hitting the ball so well at the 7-8 spots, and Abbot has turned himself into a quality lead off hitter.

This is a complete team, if anyone is going to beat them they're going to have to have their pitcher have the best day of his season.

TheGNAC

Thing is, I think WNEC might be one of the only teams in the region with the pitching to neutralize Trinity. Andersen and Pizzoferrato are both excellent arms, as Andersen is a 6'5 lefty throwing in the upper 80's and Pizzoferrato touches the low 90's. If they do get matched up with Trinity, I think it will be a classic pitcher's duel.

D3Cast

And if you can't be on the Cape, just be near your computer, and we'll have it all for you on D3Cast.

-s

wordsmith

Word's predictions for the first day of the Chowda Fest in Harwich:

F, S, & HG vs White Castle State - Good Morning, Good Afternoon and Good Night F, S, & HG romps 121-(-3)

Wheaties vs Worst State - Wheaties really are breakfast of Champions as they pop Worst State 72-9.

Swampies vs Monks - despite nipping the Swampies in 10 in Maine, no home altar advantage here. Swampies prevail 6-5.

Muskies of Sullen Maine vs We Never Ever Close - In what on the surface looks to be the best match of the day fails to deliver as We Never Ever Close shakes off the rust a bit too late and succumbs to the bats of the Muskies 8-3.

Word

Word

363dp

Harwich opener

Wnec over USM - Huskies crush bad pitching, that is not what they see here.

Trinity over Castleton - Pitch your best pitcher you have available!!!

Keene over St. Joes - Good match up, two scrappy teams

Wheaton over Worcester st - CMac has lots of tourney experience

Second round games are going to be VERY interesting!!!

Knuckles97

Here are my predictions:

WNEC 7  USM 3
Trinity 19 Castleton 2
Keene 5   St. Joe's 7 (Upset Special)
Wheaton 8  Worcester St 2

hockeyfan77

After 2 1/2...WNEC 2 USM 0...

Rick Vaughn

Anyone else having trouble with the d3cast link?  I'm trying to distract myself at work.  Who's pitching for both teams?

KSCfan

Rick, here is the link

http://www.d3cast.com/index.php

I think that is Schmidt for southern correct me if i am wrong hockey i dont know about WNEC i think its either anderson or the other top guy

KSCfan

1-0 wnec on a double, i am rooting for Southern Maine on this one, got to go with the LEC

KSCfan

2-0 Wnec, I am amazed at the Video Cast that Harwhich has.  This is like watching the Sox on NESN, was it this good last year?