BB: NECC: New England Collegiate Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, May 31, 2008, 01:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PolarCat

Wow.  That sucks.  Bring in the lawyers?

BobbyBeacon

Seems as if this goes against everything the NCAA stands for (is supposed to stand for) - character, values, integrity and the importance of fairness for the student-athlete.

Does anybody know how any other conference settles tiebreakers, specifically three-way ties??

The NECC Postseason Tournament starts Friday so don't know how much lawyers will help right now. Probably clinches the NECC tournament for Mitchell College as I don't think any other NECC team has the pitching quality or depth to slow down the regionally-ranked Mariners offense.

Just seems very unfortunate (not to mention unethical/not right) for Coach Kupiec's program, especially his seniors. 

Heard Ted Wells now has a lot of time on his hands....  :P

John McGraw

In regards to the selection process of the teams involved in the tie, I think I know what the conference may have done.

Lesley and Becker were awarded the third and fourth seeds by the NECC. Lesley, buoyed by a 3-0 mark against Becker, had the best record (4-2) of the three teams involved in the tie. Therefore, Lesley was awarded the third seed. Then, that dropped the number of teams in the tie to two, Becker and Newbury. Becker won the season series from Newbury, 2-1, and based on that, Becker won the fourth seed.