BB: CCC: The Commonwealth Coast Conference

Started by wordsmith, March 22, 2009, 07:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stump

Word:
very creative, very entertaining. Always fun stuff to read and ponder on a rainy day.  I always enjoy your ramblings.
I am, however,  a little worried you may have a little too much time on your hands ;D

wordsmith

Quote from: KSCfan on March 23, 2009, 01:24:19 PM
The Cup Cake Conference is hilarious!  I think that WNEC and Roger WIlliams are the two best teams in that conference.  Roger WIlliams took 2 from KSC, and lost two to Southern Maine.  I think that RW will be in the NE region when the year is over as the representative of TCCC

WNEC 14 Eastern Connecticut (formerly known as TEE) 3

Cup Cake Conference my arse! >:(

GREAT JOB WNEC tip of the hat to you.

Word
Word

ECSUalum

WNEC has always been the class of the TCCC and has always been an excellent team.

Calzone did a great job today, with some heavy hitting against Warrior pitching!!

Congrats on a solid win vs ECSU.

Word, did you say your son coaches or plays for WNEC?

wordsmith

ECSUalum,

Coaches

WNEC, Curry and Roger Williams are all quality teams this year. The next 2 weekends will be very interesting.

To top off the day the Great State of O-H-I-O has a team vying for the Ice Hockey National Championship.... 8)

Word
Word

ECSUalum

So, Its been a GOOD day for the Wordsmithmyster :) :) :)

wordsmith

OK kiddies here be my picks for the TCCC       

Sat, Apr. 11, 2009 Baseball

New England College
Curry 

Curry makes mince meat out of the Pilgrims with leftovers to spare :P

Roger Williams 
Endicott

Gulls choke the Chubbs in a swoop, err sweep.    ;)

Western New England
Brandeis 

WNEC - (We Nockedoff East Conn) ;D does the banana spilt against the Brandys

Nichols
Wentworth

Leotards get two and Bar-B-Q the Bisons   :D

Happy Passover, Happy Easter, and Happy Spring to all ya'll agnostics and atheists.
See ya at the games.

Word 8)

Word

ECSUalum

Right back at you Word, and Good Luck to the Golden Bears for the rest of 2009

wordsmith

Wheaties 7 WNEC 4

Fairly even game from my vantage point. Both teams had like 11 or 12 hits, Wheaton was more clutch with men on base as they went 2-2-2 in the second-fourth innings.

Wheaties have a couple of strong closer types ...Simmons kid was strong clsoing out the 8th and sealing the deal in the ninth.

WNEC's Bouvier had a solid day...

Tomorrow vs Brandeis

Word
Word

wordsmith

Sat in the friggin' rain and wind and cold and watched WNEC play the Brandys. First game went quickly with a WNEC victory 4-1.

Game 2 went 2 innings before they lost the field and had to PPD.

Evan Michaud pitched well, again, for the Bears. WNEC took advantage of several wild pitches that scored at least 2 runs by my count.

You know, other than the rain and the wind and the temperature it was a very pleasant day. But its always a good day when you win. :P :P

Word ;D

Word

363dp

Come on Word, a fairly even game?  I have so much respect for you. I know , you know, those teams are not even.  363

Stump

Quote from: wordsmith on April 11, 2009, 06:22:53 PM
Sat in the friggin' rain and wind and cold and watched WNEC play the Brandys. First game went quickly with a WNEC victory 4-1.

Game 2 went 2 innings before they lost the field and had to PPD.

Evan Michaud pitched well, again, for the Bears. WNEC took advantage of several wild pitches that scored at least 2 runs by my count.

You know, other than the rain and the wind and the temperature it was a very pleasant day. But its always a good day when you win. :P :Pn the air overnight

Word ;D

Ah yes, the joy of baseball in the spring in New England.  We didn't have to put up with any rain on the shore of beautiful Sebago Lake. Plenty of wind and cold, for sure, but no rain(some snow in the air overnight). So we had it pretty good up in Maine today compared to the rest of New England.

wordsmith

Quote from: 363dp on April 11, 2009, 09:18:14 PM
Come on Word, a fairly even game?  I have so much respect for you. I know , you know, those teams are not even.  363

The Wheaton v WNEC game was a fairly even contest. I did not comment on the squads themselves, just the game. Both teams had 11 or 12 hits, the game was tied after 2 innings, and was 6-4 in the 8th inning.

I am still trying to recover from Miami of Ohio choking in the big one last night.  :o :o

PS 363 In my line of work I don't respect myself, so why sould U respect me.
http://www.goofyphotos.com/funpages/chipndale.php

Word ;)
Word

363dp

Word,

Which one of those is you?  What color are you? I should be able to recognize from Friday.

Good news for the Huskies, Henry's complete game victory.

wordsmith

Video from the WNEC Brandys game yesterday courtesy of TV 22 Springfield

http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/sports/wwlp_sports_wnec_beats_brandeis_200904111631_rev1

I am the guy on the far right.. :D

Word ::)
Word

wordsmith

So what is the deal with the TCCC playoffs? Is there someone out there who can help fill me in?

I assume a double elimination, but --->

1) Do all 12 teams qualify or just the top 6, 8?

2) Is the location selected by bid or by finish in standings? I noticed last year WNEC finished 3rd in the standings but hosted the tourney.

3) Are the early round games at the higher seeds home or are all games at the same site?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Word ??? ??? ???

Word