BB: CCC: The Commonwealth Coast Conference

Started by wordsmith, March 22, 2009, 07:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustAFan

Incredible day foe WNEC pitcher Matt Rogers, who came in on 3 days rest to shut the door on Wentworth over the final 3 innings of game 1 to get the win and then going right back out and starting game 2 and picking up the win there as well to improve to 10-1, pitching the first 6 innings and giving up only 1 earned run.  Talk about putting his team on his back and getting the to the conference finals while going 3-0 in tournament play.

GBearsAlum15

Yeah Matt Rogers really came in and pitched with some kahones (in both games!). That does not surprise me at all. When it comes conference tournament time, you give it all you got because if they win the CCC tournament, they have plenty of time to rest. That makes it back to back 10-win seasons for Rogers, something that I doubt has ever been accomplished in WNEC's history, so kudos to him. As for the WNEC team, they sure do always make it interesting in the CCC tourney. Big win earlier against Endicott 5-4 to send it to a winner take all game for the title. This is a much more important game for Endicott because if they don't win it will be tough to get an at-large with a 30-15 record. On the other hand, I believe WNEC would still be in great shape for an at-large with 37 wins. Let's see what happens in game 2. GO WNEC!!!

wordsmith

Quote from: wordsmith on May 04, 2011, 08:37:00 PM
WNEC always seems to struggle in the early rounds of the CCC Tourney. 2010 they lost to Anna Maria, 2009 they almost lost to RW and eventually lost to someone along the way (I cannot remember).

I also believe that The CCC still uses an alternate method of elimination in the Tourney where the Championship game is it. Regardless of records the winner of that game is the Tourney Champ even if that team had a loss and the other team was undefeated. Someone closer to TCCC now please correct or verify. Thanks.

In short it is not a pure double elimination tourney.

WNEC will be just fine....Go Bears

Word

And.... The Bears are Just Fine....off with another TCCC Championship and another berth in th NC2As.

Congrats to Coach LaBranche and the team.

Word
Word

Hobbesy

Unreal how WNEC does it year in and year out!!! Winning five games in three days and back-to-back doubleheaders to win the championship is amazing!!!  Rogers gets both wins on Saturday and Lawlor gets a win and a save on Sunday! These guys certainly have the heart and the will to be the best team in New England.  They did the same thing last year but it still amazing to see that done.  I know how hard it is to sweep a DH let alone back-to-back.  Let's hope they have a better showing this year in the regionals!

wildthngvaughn

So who won the TCCC tournament MVP?  Rogers went 3-0 in the tournament and pitched 16.1 innings, but Lawlor went 2-0 with 2 saves and a 0.73 ERA with 17 k's in 12.1 innings while only giving up 8 hits.

GBearsAlum15

You can't go wrong giving the MVP to Rogers or Lawlor. Both of them deserve it and were two of the most important pieces to WNEC's tournament run. How about co-MVPs?

wordsmith

The Little Conference that Could.

Over shadowed by all the New England alphabet conferences TCCC proves the best.

Go WNEC. Enjoy the experience.

Word
Word

Stump

Congrats to WNEC!  Good luck in Appleton and enjoy the experience. New England is pulling for you.