BB: Regionals (New England) ECSU 2012

Started by Ralph Turner, April 29, 2012, 06:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNECalum222

Nugent just mowing them down right now, keep it low and throw strikes...

kscer

WNEU 7 KSC 1
Pelkey did not have it today. Keene will have to fight out of the loser's bracket.

wordsmith

Can you say slider on the outside corner. As I live and breathe.........as I live and breathe.........
Word

Trincoll14

Great start for WNE..nice to get an early cushion in tourney play.

hockeyfan77

Final   Bridgewater State      2        Wheaton College        6

GBearsAlum15

WNE came into today's opening round match-up against Keene St with a 1-6 record against NCAA tournament teams, with that one win ironically being over the same Keene St club (add another one against the owls!!). WNE will play the winner of Wheaton-Bridgewater St, teams they combined to go 0-3 against in the regular season. Whoever comes out victorious in the Wheaton-Bridgewater St game will be a tough match-up for WNE. However, their bats are hot and with Nugent throwing that gem today, the Golden Bears look to be in good shape because they did not have to use Lawlor and company at the back end of the bullpen. It should be a fun regional to watch. Go Bears!!! 

ECSUalum

Tristan Hobbs doing just a fantastic job with the play by play today as I watch Bridgewater vs Wheaton!!!  Refreshing!!!

Trincoll14

Quote from: ECSUalum on May 16, 2012, 02:13:28 PM
Tristan Hobbs doing just a fantastic job with the play by play today as I watch Bridgewater vs Wheaton!!!  Refreshing!!!

It's tough doing a game alone and he's doing a great job!!

wordsmith

Quote from: Trincoll14 on May 16, 2012, 02:43:03 PM

I got news for you, its not Tristen Hobbs doing the game, its some professional ringer like Dave O'Brien or Brent Musburger. Cause this guy is real good. A Natural, informative, good pipes....must be a regular on TV not "our" Hobbes...... ;)
Word

hockeyfan77

Final   USM    8      Trinity      13

ECSUalum

Quote from: wordsmith on May 16, 2012, 03:27:49 PM
Quote from: Trincoll14 on May 16, 2012, 02:43:03 PM

I got news for you, its not Tristen Hobbs doing the game, its some professional ringer like Dave O'Brien or Brent Musburger. Cause this guy is real good. A Natural, informative, good pipes....must be a regular on TV not "our" Hobbes...... ;)

I am going to tell TristAn, you said that!! ;D

ECSUalum

Seems Coach Decker's son Kyle is playing for Trinity as a freshman this year

hockeyfan77

Final    Bowdoin       0       St Joe's     2

wordsmith

Quote from: wordsmith on May 15, 2012, 08:20:30 AM

http://ned3baseball.wordpress.com/2012/05/14/new-england-regional-schedule-released/

[/quote]

WNE takes down KSC
Wheaton nips BWSt
Trinity rips USM
St. Joe's struggles but overcomes Bowdoin
[/quote]

Day 1 in the books and 4-0 on the day, but those were the easy picks. Now the fun begins.

But before the next round of picks, let's give a high five, a gold star and kudos to our intrepid reporter Mr. Hobbes. Outstanding job of calling the games. Thank you for providing insightful commentary, solid play calling and informative entertaining banter.

Need a bit of sleep and I'll return later for my picks in Round 2.

2 teams go home today. Will the LEC bow out early? Can the Polar Bear avoid hibernation? Are the Monks blessed this time around? Is WNE Golden and will their luck "bear" out again this year. Oh my as Dick Enberg would say. Stay tuned for another exciting day of As the NE Regional Turns.
Word

KSCfan

My picks for today

Keene over Bridgewater
USM wins the battle for Maine against Bowdoin
Wheaton beats WNE
Trinity over St Joes