BB: Regionals (New England) ECSU 2012

Started by Ralph Turner, April 29, 2012, 06:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wordsmith

First - Congratulations to Wheaton, the players, coaches and fans for leading start to finish in the 2012 New England D-III season. Good luck to you in the WS.

Secondly, Congrats to Coach LaBranche and the WNE players. Gritty bunch of winners. Be proud of your accomplishments.

Thirdly, great job by all involved with the LEC broadcast of this year's Regional action. Superb job by Tristian Hobbes, outstanding work big guy. You are going places.

Fourth, great job by all the posters this year on the LEC & other boards.

Lastly, thanks to the folks that sponsor, administor, and monitor these boards giving all of us an outlet to vent, cheer, boast, whine, strut, trade barbs and write silly stuff that sometimes amuses only the author.

Be well all, enjoy life and remember Ohio State Buckeye football is less than 4 months from kicking-off. O-H-
Word

ECSUalum

Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 20, 2012, 02:17:47 PM
Excellent broadcast of the regional on www.littleeast.tv

IMHO, there is no finer conference webstreaming in D-III.

Thanks for all of the baseball!

Was it my imagination or was there instant replay during the NE Regionals in previous years?  If so I wonder what happened this year?  Would have been nice as there was some fantastic defensive plays in this tournament.  Oh, BTW, ECSU, did another wonderful job hosting this tournament 8-)

wildthngvaughn

Quote from: ECSUalum on May 20, 2012, 03:13:19 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 20, 2012, 02:17:47 PM
Excellent broadcast of the regional on www.littleeast.tv

IMHO, there is no finer conference webstreaming in D-III.

Thanks for all of the baseball!

Was it my imagination or was there instant replay during the NE Regionals in previous years?  If so I wonder what happened this year?  Would have been nice as there was some fantastic defensive plays in this tournament.  Oh, BTW, ECSU, did another wonderful job hosting this tournament 8-)
ECSU,
     Yeah compared to the past 5 or so years, this was awful.  In past years, they have had multiple camera angles, instant replay, stat lines.  It was almost the equivilent to a minor league TV broadcast.  This year it was just one camera behind home plate.  Huge differnece between this year and the past.  The only thing that saved this year was Tristan.  He does an absolutely amazing job.

ECSUalum

Wild,

Your absolutely correct, multiple camera angles, stats the whole nine yards.  I think Bridgewater TV was responsible for all the good stuff, Yes?

wildthngvaughn

Quote from: ECSUalum on May 20, 2012, 03:39:56 PM
Wild,

Your absolutely correct, multiple camera angles, stats the whole nine yards.  I think Bridgewater TV was responsible for all the good stuff, Yes?
Bridgewater TV did the broadcast last year, but 2 years ago when Eastern hosted, Little East TV did the broadcast and they had mutiple cameras, instant replay, stat lines, etc...

ECSUalum

Ralph Turner

Compared to many of the other sites, the LEC TV production is among the best in D-III.

Linfield only had live stats. Trinity TX broguht their own crew. (BTW Trinity TX's amateur crew won an ESPY for its "Miracle in Mississippi" in 2007.  Here is that link.  Always a classic!)

I don't think that Rhodes had live TV for all games.

I could not get sound on the Marietta site.

wildthngvaughn

Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 20, 2012, 05:28:04 PM
Compared to many of the other sites, the LEC TV production is among the best in D-III.

Linfield only had live stats. Trinity TX broguht their own crew. (BTW Trinity TX's amateur crew won an ESPY for its "Miracle in Mississippi" in 2007.  Here is that link.  Always a classic!)

Ralph,
   I agree 100%.  Compared to the other regions, New England is one of, if not the best.  But compared to the previous 5 or so years, it was not very good, except for Tristian, he was awesome.

GBear210

Tristan,
Great job!  Keep up the good work, thank you's are few and far between in baseball.
Look forward to your future endevors regarding D3 Baseball.
Thank you, thank you, thank you,
Runner-up Fan

kscer

I add my kudos to Tristan. Great job broadcasting. You definitely added to my enjoyment of the tournament. Thanks

Hobbesy

Thanks guys!

Glad I was able to make this tournament a bit more enjoyable for all of you.

It was a fantastic tournament and probably some of the best defense I have seen played in a long time.

One other note, tournament was totally dominated by pitching. I believe the team batting average was below .250. Partly due to great pitching and partly due to an enormous strike zone from some of the umpires. Certain guys were giving batters box to batters box.

All in all, a fantastic regional. The voice held up somehow and WNE and Wheaton made this one of the most memorable tournaments to date. BTW, that was the first "IF" game since 2002. Good to see Wheaton wasn't haunted by the demons of regionals past.

OshDude

Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 20, 2012, 05:28:04 PM

Rhodes and CNU had live webcasts of each game. Whitewater had webcasts of UWW games only. Etta had silent, static video that could have been supplemented with local radio broadcasts for the host's games. Farmingdale and Kean didn't have video.

ECSUalum

Quote from: Hobbesy on May 21, 2012, 12:12:18 AM
Thanks guys!

Glad I was able to make this tournament a bit more enjoyable for all of you.

It was a fantastic tournament and probably some of the best defense I have seen played in a long time.

One other note, tournament was totally dominated by pitching. I believe the team batting average was below .250. Partly due to great pitching and partly due to an enormous strike zone from some of the umpires. Certain guys were giving batters box to batters box.

All in all, a fantastic regional. The voice held up somehow and WNE and Wheaton made this one of the most memorable tournaments to date. BTW, that was the first "IF" game since 2002. Good to see Wheaton wasn't haunted by the demons of regionals past.

Tristan,

Do you know why there wasn't the camera coverage, ie 1st, 3rd base and Center field and no replay as was seen in previous years?  Also, They also should have had someone give you a break now and then.  I hope you were compensated for your excellent work!!!
All the listeners and the NCAA NE Regionals were fortunate to have you doing the play by play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hobbesy

To my understanding it was because the Little East was not involved this week due to prior commitments. I guess BTV9 was going to come but they didn't do the softball regional the week before so they didn't see it fair to have them come to one over the other.

ECSUalum

Quote from: Hobbesy on May 21, 2012, 03:23:18 PM
To my understanding it was because the Little East was not involved this week due to prior commitments. I guess BTV9 was going to come but they didn't do the softball regional the week before so they didn't see it fair to have them come to one over the other.

Thanks Hobbesy +1