Little East All-Program team

Started by Jim Dixon, June 30, 2016, 02:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Dixon

Any one want to take a swing at this while we wait for the 2017 season?   I would love to have the ECSU play the USM team.

hockeyfan77

Oh boy!   I will try one this weekend for USM: you would probably have to split it into 80-90/ and 2000's

wordsmith

Word

Jim Dixon

Quote from: hockeyfan77 on June 30, 2016, 03:08:54 PM
Oh boy!   I will try one this weekend for USM: you would probably have to split it into 80-90/ and 2000's

I know there will be some hard choices.  Look at the WIAC list and see what they had to leave off for UW-Oshkosh.

ECSUalum

I will come up with an all ECSU team spanning the 40 of years I have followed the team!!  Full starting pitching rotation, bull pen, and first/second team position players!  Pitching would have to include: John Caneira, Steve Thomas, Scott Chaisson, Ryan Dipietro, Shawn Gilblair!!  I will come up with full team later.

NEbaseball84

A couple of names that come into mind would be Tyler Delorme from USM and Bobby Doyon from KSC.

ECSUalum

This article from ECSU Athletics talks about the 41 NAIA/NCAA D-III All Americans that have played at Eastern, two of which played in MLB.... John Caneira and Scott Chaisson.  The rest all were drafted and played up to AAA in MiLB.  You can pretty much take the all star team from the players mentioned in this article!!
http://gowarriorathletics.com/sports/bsb/2016-17/releases/AA_walkway