Previous topic - Next topic

USee

Pat Coleman

Quote from: USee on October 14, 2018, 08:01:18 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 14, 2018, 06:43:13 PM
Quote from: USee on October 14, 2018, 06:26:12 PM
Quote from: Titan Q on October 14, 2018, 05:37:31 PM
http://www.d3football.com/top25/2018/week7

Wheaton is #23 in the D3hoops.com poll...and 5th in the CCIW.

Will this still be true tomorrow? When does this statement expire?

The next time a game is played?

Is that written somewhere?

Don't know why you're digging in on this, but when you're comparing apples to apples, you need two sets of apples.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

AndOne

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 14, 2018, 08:29:36 PM

Don't know why you're digging in on this, but when you're comparing apples to apples, you need two sets of apples.

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎               🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

Mr. Ypsi

Pat, that was certainly not the Steve Jobs philosophy! ;)

USee

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 14, 2018, 08:29:36 PM

I guess no emojis makes it tougher to tell I am messing with you.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

USee

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 14, 2018, 11:34:32 PM
Oh. So there's that. :)

I was originally messing with Q until a bigger fish came by. I thought about seeing how long I could string it out, but I don't want the wrath of the admininistrator!

USee

Quote from: Titan Q on October 14, 2018, 05:45:23 PM
In my opinion, a national or regional ordering of the top CCIW teams right now, through 10/13, should be...

1. IWU
2. North Central
3. Wash U
4. Wheaton
5. Millikin

I can see an argument for NCC 1 and IWU 2. The others look right to me.

Kovo

Quote from: USee on October 14, 2018, 11:57:10 PM
Quote from: Titan Q on October 14, 2018, 05:45:23 PM
In my opinion, a national or regional ordering of the top CCIW teams right now, through 10/13, should be...

1. IWU
2. North Central
3. Wash U
4. Wheaton
5. Millikin

I can see an argument for NCC 1 and IWU 2. The others look right to me.

NCC's best win is WashU with a loss to Wheaton. IWU's best win is Wheaton with a loss to LaCrosse. My thought is IWU has a better win so it is hard to disagree with the rankings. Of course it is all academic since they play each other.

jaybird44

It was a truly magical Saturday at WashU.  Led by a defense that has improved rapidly over the past 3 weeks, led by a coaching staff that is really clicking right now, and led by a special band-of-brothers team that has each other's backs and steps up when a player succumbs to injury.

Knowing that the offense is very uptempo, WashU defensively has a deep rotation of linemen to keep fresh legs in the game.  Peter Pigatti showed flashes of his ability in the pre-season scrimmage vs. Greenville, and he has become a most relentless defensive lineman.  Pigatti has gotten more playing time with the injury to Carter Rholl, and he has certainly made the most of it by becoming the conference defensive POW. 

Other players have been out for an amount of time...LB Jarrod Huther missed a couple of games before returning vs. Elmhurst.  WR Jason Singer missed two games but was back last week vs. Wheaton.  TE Mitchell Groen missed the game last Saturday, but his replacements Kyle Cummings and Sam Fenske had big performances last Saturday.  That very nice beat has gone on and on all season long.

Head Coach Larry Kindbom and his staff have been building this team to compete in the CCIW the minute the announcement was made that the Bears would become affiliate members.  They took their lumps last season as an independent playing (if memory serves me correctly) the toughest schedule in D3.  It may be a surprise to many to see WashU quickly ramp up to CCIW championship contention, but this has been coming for a couple of years.  Having a strong second half at North Central seems to be the flashpoint that got the fuse burning even quicker.  What will happen this Saturday night vs. Illinois Wesleyan?  I don't know...but I can't wait to find out.

As an aside...after I took care of the broadcast of the WashU victory over Wheaton, I then took on the challenge of running/walking 24 hours to raise awareness and research funds in the battle against Rett Syndrome.  Covered 61.5 miles, but more importantly got a lot of media attention and university involvement for a little-known but devastating medical condition.  That was the icing to an already very satisfying weekend cake.

https://www.rettsyndrome.org/RettGetsRocked

iwu70

Good work, Jaybird.

Sure looking forward to the IWU-Wash U match-up this Saturday evening as well.  I'll be there.

'70

Pat Coleman

A question from Titan Q that I'm pretty sure originated on this message board is one of the first questions we tackle in our mailbag edition of the podcast:

http://www.d3blogs.com/d3football/2018/10/16/around-the-nation-podcast-213-taking-your-questions/

USee

Hansen Ratings has WashU as a 2.5pt favorite over IWU at home this weekend. I think that's probably about right for HFA.

iwu70

A tough challenge for the TITANS in St. Louis on Saturday.  IWU will have to put a more complete game together -- defensively and offensively. 

I say IWU 31, Wash U 28. 

The home stretch now in the CCIW championship race.

IWU'70