Pool B

Started by Ralph Turner, October 01, 2005, 02:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HScoach

That's what every poll is.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: jam40jeff on November 01, 2010, 11:44:39 AM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 01, 2010, 10:31:30 AM
Greenville represents on our site. Where are the Case fans?

Could we change the name from Poll to Popularity Contest?

See HScoach's response. Don't hate on Greenville for turning out the vote among its constituents.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

jam40jeff

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 01, 2010, 01:02:59 PM
Don't hate on Greenville for turning out the vote among its constituents.

I'm not hating on Greenville, I'm hating on the poll.  Some people see a question and answer it, not just vote for their favorite team.

The poll might as well read "Who is the most totally super-cool team out of these four?"

Pat Coleman

Quote from: jam40jeff on November 01, 2010, 01:34:35 PM

I'm not hating on Greenville, I'm hating on the poll.  Some people see a question and answer it, not just vote for their favorite team.

The poll might as well read "Who is the most totally super-cool team out of these four?"

Or, which of these four teams sends more fans to D3football.com.

You're really hating on the respondents to the poll more than anything. This isn't much different from any other poll we've run. It's just that Case and Wash U don't have enough fans who read the site or haven't pushed people to vote the way Greenville has.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

usee

If that were the case I would be inclined to hit "E, none of the above"

dc_has_been

You can always start your own d3football website and make your own polls since you have such a problem with this poll.
"If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging."
Will Rogers
"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms."
Mike Ditka

jam40jeff

Quote from: dc_has_been on November 01, 2010, 05:16:06 PM
You can always start your own d3football website and make your own polls since you have such a problem with this poll.

Well that logically follows my complaint.  ::)

But, yes, Pat is right.  I meant to complain more about people who take polls than people who make polls in this case.

Or I could just do what I usually do and ignore poll results and enjoy the rest of the site.

ADL70

This CWRU fan voted with his head and not his heart and selected Salisbury.

Greenville would be one of those "fringe Poll B teams" as I just heard Keith describe in the podcast.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

Teamski

Quote from: ADL70 on November 01, 2010, 07:15:39 PM

Greenville would be one of those "fringe Poll B teams" as I just heard Keith describe in the podcast.

I concur.  Greenville's strength of schedule is like 108th compared to Salisbury's 15th.  If the two met, my money would be on Salisbury.

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

wesleydad

greenville even being considered is a joke.  salisbury is tough, but 2 loses looks bad.  3 is even worse.

Genius

Since i watched Greenville beat Wash U last year and scrimmage them this year and dominate them i voted them over Wash U.

Salisbury is a legit pick. However i can't vote for a team who didn't win their league. Smells like BSC stuff...i mean BCS.

If Case wins out they should go. But i think any of the team listed could be each other.

And Salisbury schedule isn't that tough other than 2 teams.

dc_has_been

Quote from: wesleydad on November 01, 2010, 09:50:23 PM
greenville even being considered is a joke.  salisbury is tough, but 2 loses looks bad.  3 is even worse.
Having two close losses to the teams that Salisbury lost to have to be put in consideration....right?
I think there are a few scenarios that could give one of three teams from the UAA (Case, Chicago, or WashU) some consideration for the final spot too.
"If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging."
Will Rogers
"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms."
Mike Ditka

jam40jeff

Quote from: dc_has_been on November 02, 2010, 11:33:34 AM
Quote from: wesleydad on November 01, 2010, 09:50:23 PM
greenville even being considered is a joke.  salisbury is tough, but 2 loses looks bad.  3 is even worse.
Having two close losses to the teams that Salisbury lost to have to be put in consideration....right?
I think there are a few scenarios that could give one of three teams from the UAA (Case, Chicago, or WashU) some consideration for the final spot too.

I don't think anyone is doubting Salisbury as a valid choice.  It's Greenville that should not even be considered (let alone be winning the poll, although I see WashU just passed them up).  It's nearly impossible to get in with 3 losses (and all 3 being in-region), so you better have some spectacular reason to get in in spite of those 3 losses, which Greenville surely doesn't have.

usee

Quote from: Teamski on November 01, 2010, 08:17:34 PM

I concur.  Greenville's strength of schedule is like 108th compared to Salisbury's 15th.  If the two met, my money would be on Salisbury.

-Ski

hmmm....Let's see.....Wheaton's strength of schedule is 12th and they are 8-0. Mt Union's is #122 (8-0). If the two meet, where is your money? :)

Again, my point (not related to your's here) is that SOS is very deceiving and team's are now rewarded for figuring out how to play that game. Wheaton has been doing it for several years. Now the entire CCIW is doing it (scheduling average opponents).

jam40jeff

Quote from: USee on November 02, 2010, 02:05:15 PM
Quote from: Teamski on November 01, 2010, 08:17:34 PM

-Ski

hmmm....Let's see.....Wheaton's strength of schedule is 12th and they are 8-0. Mt Union's is #122 (8-0). If the two meet, where is your money? :)

Again, my point (not related to your's here) is that SOS is very deceiving and team's are now rewarded for figuring out how to play that game. Wheaton has been doing it for several years. Now the entire CCIW is doing it (scheduling average opponents).

Yes, but Greenville has 3 losses.  So what makes them stick out amongst a crowd of 1 and 2 loss teams?