WBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by wheatonc, March 03, 2005, 06:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 12, 2018, 04:18:03 PM
Quote from: RogK on March 12, 2018, 03:34:06 PM
Millikin has a new head coach :
http://athletics.millikin.edu/news/2018/3/12/lett-named-head-womens-basketball-coach-at-millikin.aspx
I'm trying to remember where we've seen her before. Hmmm.

Your gift for understatement remains golden, Rog. ;)

My reaction?

1) Congratulations and good luck to Coach Lett.

2) More board-related, my reaction is, "Oh, good grief." ::) After an endless parade of Illinois Wesleyan Conquers The World Forever posts over the past few weeks, now we'll have to deal with a fresh wave of them regarding the one IWU player that Mark and Chuck just could never shut up about, even long after she had hung up her uniform.

Could we at least confine the discussion of Olivia Lett to her coaching résumé or to her new affiliation with Millikin? In other words, topics regarding the hire that are, you know, relevant? Is that too much to ask, guys?

Greg, I take exception to this post.  You're gonna have to show me where I have excessively gushed over Olivia Lett in the last five years.  (She graduated almost six years ago, but I'll give myself a pass for the first year after IWU's first national title and the CCIW's first national POY! ;D)  I may have bragged on her once or twice a year, but "could never shut up about"? ::)

It WILL be weird to have to root against her at least twice a year (we always play Chicago, but who roots against an ASSISTANT coach?!).  I wish her well (except for occasionally!), and, if she is as good as I expect her to be, hope she will "come home" when Mia Smith retires. ;)

RogK

Congrats to NYU's Kaitlyn Read for receiving the Jostens Trophy. Elmhurst's Mikaela Eppard was among the finalists and I will assume that she tied for 2nd! "Well Done" to each of the finalists, certainly all admirable.

iwumichigander

Congratulations to Coach Olivia Lett!!!  Nice to have her back in the CCIW. 

iwu70

Well, Greg, Olivia Lett did have a pretty special year with IWU that time.  Something surely worth "gushing" over.  However, I don't remember saying all that much about Olivia either . . . but maybe you can dig up all the archives and show us how we were loyal Titan fans, singing the praises of one of the top players in the history of the program.  That would be news.  LOL.

Season over, great seasons by WC and IWU.  Wish both could have gone further in the tournament -- IWU running into a good Trine team two years in a row.  Wartburg must be awfully good to take out, take apart Trine so easily in the next round.

It should be a great Final Four, esp. if the two undefeated teams reach the Championship game.

I'm done for this go 'round.  It's off to softball, baseball and other summer travel and interests.  I'll check in from time-to-time to see the recruiting news.

Zaijian!

IWU'70

badgerwarhawk

Admittedly my exposure to Lett was limited but she was one of the best collegiate women players that I've ever seen.  She had serious game. It was fun to watch even when it beat you.  Good luck to her in her new endeavor.

Sorry if this sounds gushing Greg.   ;)
"Just think twice is my only advice."

Gregory Sager

Come on, guys. You two went on about her endlessly, even after she stopped playing. And, no, I'm not going to spend the morning delving into the archives over this in order to mine quotes; I've got better things to do.

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on March 13, 2018, 09:46:47 AM
Admittedly my exposure to Lett was limited but she was one of the best collegiate women players that I've ever seen.  She had serious game. It was fun to watch even when it beat you.  Good luck to her in her new endeavor.

Sorry if this sounds gushing Greg.   ;)

It makes no difference to me, BW, as you weren't in constant Lett-lauding mode in this room in the past. Probably had something to do with you being this, rather than this. ;)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Gregory Sager

Thanks, Pat. You've allowed me to find the post that I would've used had I cared to spend all morning looking for it:

Quote from: Gregory Sager on December 03, 2013, 12:16:19 AM
Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on December 02, 2013, 11:52:40 PM
Actually, neither Mark or I has talked about Olivia Lett beyond what naturally fit into the discussion.

Not true, Chuck. I went back and counted. ;) Nine mentions of her in this room over the past six weeks prior to the current discussion, seven of them by the two of you -- and most of those seven mentions quite definitely shoehorned her into the post.

Tell you what: You guys stop talking about IWU's assistant coaches, I won't mention NPU's Lauren Rosengarden, Shanice Sadler, or Erin Cepa, and we'll call it even. :D

;)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

RogK

Congrats to three CCIW players honored yesterday :
D3Hoops all-Central Region 1st team -- Rebekah Ehresman and Mikaela Eppard; 2nd team -- Hannah Frazier

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 13, 2018, 04:54:17 PM
Thanks, Pat. You've allowed me to find the post that I would've used had I cared to spend all morning looking for it:

Actually, neither Mark or I has talked about Olivia Lett beyond what naturally fit into the discussion.

Not true, Chuck. I went back and counted. ;) Nine mentions of her in this room over the past six weeks prior to the current discussion, seven of them by the two of you -- and most of those seven mentions quite definitely shoehorned her into the post.

Tell you what: You guys stop talking about IWU's assistant coaches, I won't mention NPU's Lauren Rosengarden, Shanice Sadler, or Erin Cepa, and we'll call it even. :D

;)

Google found it for me in like two minutes. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Gregory Sager

Two minutes more than I was willing to put into it. ;)

RogK

The combined W-L record of the four remaining NCAA tourney teams is an extraordinarily superb 120-3.
Yet, three of those teams will combine for a 1 win, 3 loss weekend.
And consider that seven of the nine CCIW teams finished their season with a loss. Only Millikin and Augustana ended things on a winning note.
Think about that for 8 seconds.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 13, 2018, 04:54:17 PM

;)

OK, so I exceeded the 1 year limitation of the national title and POY, but was well within the hiring time-limit.  Did any of the NPU assistants have national title rings or make national POY?

I still congratulate Olivia Lett on her appointment as Millikin HC, unless that seems to much like gushing to you. :P

iwu70

Undefeated Amherst vs. Bowdoin, from their same league, for the national championship.  Was surprised how easily Bowdoin took apart undefeated Wartburg. 

May the best team win . . . Amherst won by 4 in a previous match up earlier in the year, on their home floor. 

IWU'70

GoPerry

Congratulations to Rebekah Ehresman (name spelled wrong) on her D3 Hoops All American Honorable Mention. 

http://d3hoops.com/awards/all-americans/women/2018