D3 Men's National Pick Em League

Started by Greek Tragedy, March 29, 2006, 09:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Ypsi

OS,

You can count on me being among the 15 still around in January!

And the 'posters poll' doesn't even start until January (unless someone else is dying to take it over and change the rules!).  Pre-season, and early season polls are fun (leading to lots of discussion), but they can also be insidious.  Whatever voters may say, they cannot erase their memory banks from previous weeks.  Early votes effect later votes, simple as that.

By waiting until January, I try to avoid that.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Good for you, Ypsi.  By the way, what's new on the job front?
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Mr. Ypsi

Not much.  For now I'm just enjoying my 'early retirement' and fighting the U for the money they owe me.  I doubt I'll stay retired, but what I do next is up in the air.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on October 03, 2006, 01:47:07 PM
Not much.  For now I'm just enjoying my 'early retirement' and fighting the U for the money they owe me.  I doubt I'll stay retired, but what I do next is up in the air.

Don't come to Kansas City.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Ralph Turner on October 03, 2006, 12:17:24 AM
Sounds good!  I do not wish to have point spreads, just a heads up win or lose.

If you can find a place that even has D3 point spreads, I might be inclined to start you out at 1-0 right away.  I hate spreads too.  Straight up is the only way I go, when it comes to pick ems!
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Hoops Fan on October 03, 2006, 01:56:44 PM
Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on October 03, 2006, 01:47:07 PM

Don't come to Kansas City.

"Mr. KC" just doesn't have the pizzazz of "Mr. Ypsi".
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

You could move to Lancaster County in Pennsylvania, although "Mr. Intercourse" and "Mr. Blue Ball" might violate the Terms of Service.

Gregory Sager

If he moved to Lancaster County, PA, I'd insist upon calling him "Mr. Bird-In-Hand".
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Mr. Ypsi

Maybe I should just move 25 miles west of here - I could be "Mr. Hell". ;)

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

If we're going wild with place names that seem funny.  Why don't we go with the only outrageous place name that we actually know the story behind:

Mr. Truth or Consequences

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Hoops Fan on October 04, 2006, 02:19:27 PM

If we're going wild with place names that seem funny.  Why don't we go with the only outrageous place name that we actually know the story behind:

Mr. Truth or Consequences

Now that would be appropriate - every time I mess up the truth, Greg gives me the consequences! ;D

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Greek Tragedy

I'm guessing the first week of the pick em league will start with the weekend BEFORE Thanksgiving.

Originally, I was going to use just weekend games to allow posters the whole week to get their picks in.  But, I may revise that to Wed-Sunday games...and then have the next weeks' games selected by Monday to give you basically two full days to get picks in.  Not sure yet.  What do you think, are Wednesday games too early if I have the matchups done Monday?
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

I'd say wait until after the first weekend to start.  Those opening tournaments can sometimes throw you a loop in the second round and I would hate to have to sort out games that were picked, but not actually played.

If you have the list on Monday, Wednesday by like 5pm EST would be a decent deadline.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Hoops Fan on October 31, 2006, 09:17:10 AM

I'd say wait until after the first weekend to start.  Those opening tournaments can sometimes throw you a loop in the second round and I would hate to have to sort out games that were picked, but not actually played.

If you have the list on Monday, Wednesday by like 5pm EST would be a decent deadline.

There wasn't anyway where I'd have a winner of... vs. winner of...senario for a pick em league.  I'm sure there are enough games on Friday and non-tourney games on Saturday to come up with 10 games.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!