FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffMan and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

faunch

Quote from: Retired Old Rat on January 25, 2013, 03:21:25 PM
SJU grad and former football player Denis McDonough appointed Obama's chief of staff today.  St. Paul Pioneer Press separately reports that drones are sighted over St. Thomas athletic facilities.

Nothing wrong with that...just keep them a couple miles north of Randolph Avenue.   ;)

"I'm a uniter...not a divider."

OzJohnnie

We head back to Melbourne from Noosa tomorrow morning. In fairness, I felt I should post this photo. The weather turned rather stormy yesterday as we caught the tail of a cyclone that hit far north Queensland. Its not very good for swimming, but the surfers are loving it.

I played 18 holes yesterday and got absolutely soaked, but I guess the need to concentrate helped a bit as I played only one over my handicap in torrential rains (but very little wind).  I felt like the Anglican minister on Caddyshack.

[  

kubiack78

Quote from: OzJohnnie on January 26, 2013, 05:25:44 AM
We head back to Melbourne from Noosa tomorrow morning. In fairness, I felt I should post this photo. The weather turned rather stormy yesterday as we caught the tail of a cyclone that hit far north Queensland. Its not very good for swimming, but the surfers are loving it.

I played 18 holes yesterday and got absolutely soaked, but I guess the need to concentrate helped a bit as I played only one over my handicap in torrential rains (but very little wind).  I felt like the Anglican minister on Caddyshack.

At least the ending was different for you:

SUMMIT!!!!!

Quote from: Retired Old Rat on January 25, 2013, 03:21:25 PM
SJU grad and former football player Denis McDonough appointed Obama's chief of staff today.  St. Paul Pioneer Press separately reports that drones are sighted over St. Thomas athletic facilities.

cute but his boss got far more support & votes in 55105 than in 56321.,... collegeville IS a "red" not blue township  :)
After the game, the king and pawn go into the same box.

Italian proverb

Mr.MIAC

Quote from: Vegas TomCat on January 27, 2013, 12:31:14 AM
The latest youtube video out of UST: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAq6I0mNHgM&list=UUoacjlyrUbUmWXI0hR7d9-A&index=6.

That video is awesome!  I like how it goes beyond football and shows how UST is producing leaders and role models in many different arenas.

retagent

Back from a week of golf in the So Cal Desert. Good times, but am back to reality - although it's supposed to get up around 55 tomorrow. They were "freezing" in LA as I passed through LAX, at that temp.

While there, one of my golf partners (an Auggie and post grad Tommie) saw Mr McDonough being introduced by BHO, on C-SPAN. I didn't see it, but he said Mr Gagliardi got a mention during an intro that was slightly embarrassing in its effusiveness.

Retired Old Rat

Quote from: retagent on January 28, 2013, 09:48:30 AM
Back from a week of golf in the So Cal Desert. Good times, but am back to reality - although it's supposed to get up around 55 tomorrow. They were "freezing" in LA as I passed through LAX, at that temp.

While there one of my golf partners (an Auggie and poat grad Tommie) saw Mr McDonough being introduced by BHO, on C-SPAN. I didn't see it, but he said Mr Gagliardi got a mention during an intro that was slightly embarrassing in its effusiveness.

I think only a Tommy would consider it effusive.

National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

OzJohnnie

Quote from: Retired Old Rat on January 28, 2013, 01:11:07 PM
Quote from: retagent on January 28, 2013, 09:48:30 AM

While there one of my golf partners (an Auggie and poat grad Tommie) saw Mr McDonough being introduced by BHO, on C-SPAN. I didn't see it, but he said Mr Gagliardi got a mention during an intro that was slightly embarrassing in its effusiveness.

I think only a Tommy would consider it effusive.

For all those Tommies out there, just in case you were wondering:

Effusive
ef·fu·sive  [ih-fyoo-siv]
adjective
1. unduly demonstrative; lacking reserve: effusive greetings; an effusive person.
2. pouring out; overflowing.
3. Geology, extrusive (def 3)
[  

OzJohnnie

Time for more Brighton Golf Club newsletter funnies?  (They've been on a roll lately)

An Irishman shouts frantically into the phone, "My wife is pregnant and her contractions are two minutes apart!"

The doctor asks, "Is this her first child?"

"No, you dumb bastard," shouts the Irishman, "this is her husband!"
[  

Pat Coleman

Randomness of the day: I just ran into onearmedscot and Touchdown Tommy here at the X for the Wild game. I offered to bury the hatchet and Tommy left ... Oh well.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Knightstalker

Quote from: Pat Coleman on January 29, 2013, 08:41:21 PM
Randomness of the day: I just ran into onearmedscot and Touchdown Tommy here at the X for the Wild game. I offered to bury the hatchet and Tommy left ... Oh well.

Maybe he thought you were going to bury the hatchet in his head.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

faunch

Quote from: Knightstalker on January 29, 2013, 09:54:04 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on January 29, 2013, 08:41:21 PM

Maybe he thought you were going to bury the hatchet in his head.

How did you get a hatchet into the X and why were you carrying one in the first place?

"I'm a uniter...not a divider."

OzJohnnie

Ok, we'll see if this post lives as it's on the edge of taste, but it is too true to believe:

"Man accuses wife of poisoning vagina to kill him"

At this point I would normally quote from the article but there is nothing relevant to the story I can post here.  Readers beware: squirming and uncomfortableness is guaranteed.  A further warning - the story is from Brazil where almost anything can happen and it usually does.
[