FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonroviaCat

Quote from: olddog on October 08, 2018, 11:19:30 AM
Maynard pull one out of the hat Saturday night. Bringing in the second team QB (who now is first) off the bench to lead UR to victory was something else to see. The most complete game I have see UR play in a while. I was surprised  and hats off to the Staff and Team. I think the real story is the defense and stopping the run. Bit of a payback to Chapman from last year. Kennedy was a beast grinding out 150 yards all between 3 to 11 yard gains.
Agreed--I thought Chapman was going to thump Redlands but the young QB was a difference maker.  I also agree with something the Redlands announcers said in that Chapman played too conservatively in the first half.  They should have opened up the deep passing game earlier and then maybe come back to the run after that....anyway, hats off to the dogs.
Go Cats!

olddog

Quote from: MonroviaCat on October 08, 2018, 12:07:24 PM
Quote from: olddog on October 08, 2018, 11:19:30 AM
Maynard pull one out of the hat Saturday night. Bringing in the second team QB (who now is first) off the bench to lead UR to victory was something else to see. The most complete game I have see UR play in a while. I was surprised  and hats off to the Staff and Team. I think the real story is the defense and stopping the run. Bit of a payback to Chapman from last year. Kennedy was a beast grinding out 150 yards all between 3 to 11 yard gains.
Agreed--I thought Chapman was going to thump Redlands but the young QB was a difference maker.  I also agree with something the Redlands announcers said in that Chapman played too conservatively in the first half.  They should have opened up the deep passing game earlier and then maybe come back to the run after that....anyway, hats off to the dogs.

Chapman, had poor field position in the first half, so it is easy to say. Mariani the DC did not blitz that much due to having the lead, brought four most the time our of his 4-0 look. He was playing it safe and making Chapman goes the distance instead of giving up home runs. Chapman QB this year not as good as last year, even though D1 bounce back.
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

10Freeway

As we get to about halfway through the season, if the season ended today, what would the playoff committee do with the West Coast teams?  Assuming Whitworth wins the NWC, Linfield receives an at large bid and Redlands wins the SCIAC.  Do they make Linfield play Redlands or Whitworth again? 
When the legend becomes fact, print the legend-
  The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence

olddog

Quote from: 10Freeway on October 08, 2018, 01:59:32 PM
As we get to about halfway through the season, if the season ended today, what would the playoff committee do with the West Coast teams?  Assuming Whitworth wins the NWC, Linfield receives an at large bid and Redlands wins the SCIAC.  Do they make Linfield play Redlands or Whitworth again?

I don't think LF will get a WC berth, only two spots available in the pool. Harden Simons and MHB will play in again and I have the SCIAC heading to NWC.

(509)Rat

Nobody from the far west is getting a Pool C bid this year. It's Pool A or bust for everyone in the NWC and SCIAC. Which probably means NWC v SCIAC but they could replay 2016 with the higher regionally ranked team west coast team (Whitworth as of now) gets a home game against Hardin Simmons, while the lower ranked (SCIAC champ) gets sent to TX to play UMHB. I'm not sure the circumstances that allowed that to happen. Must have been a bunch of other bus-able matchups in the first round?

MonroviaCat

Quote from: olddog on October 08, 2018, 02:12:47 PM

I don't think LF will get a WC berth, only two spots available in the pool. Harden Simons and MHB will play in again and I have the SCIAC heading to NWC.
I agree--Cats aren't going to the playoffs (but there are more than 2 pool C spots).  I still think if everybody wins out that Redlands goes to UMHB and Hardin-Simmons matches up with Whitworth.  Yeah--two flights but it's how they've done it the last few years and I don't see why they wouldn't do it again (remember---they try to avoid first round rematches and they are going to have to fly someone off the west coast in round 2 unless they eliminate them both in round 1).
Go Cats!

Gray Fox

Quote from: Oxy1995 on October 06, 2018, 07:02:47 PM
The defense is just poor. Saw a lot of catching on defense and not much tackling
It will be a long year, but the administration created this mess. It always takes longer to clean up a mess than it does to create it
I wonder if they just are limiting practice time on this to keep guys healthy.
Fierce When Roused

MonroviaCat

Quote from: (509)Rat on October 08, 2018, 02:55:11 PM

Nobody from the far west is getting a Pool C bid this year. It's Pool A or bust for everyone in the NWC and SCIAC. Which probably means NWC v SCIAC but they could replay 2016 with the higher regionally ranked team west coast team (Whitworth as of now) gets a home game against Hardin Simmons, while the lower ranked (SCIAC champ) gets sent to TX to play UMHB. I'm not sure the circumstances that allowed that to happen. Must have been a bunch of other bus-able matchups in the first round?
that was last year—2016 was the year the Cats got sent to HSU.  Both years the SCIAC team went to MHB and I see it happening that way again unless somebody takes an unexpected loss...
Go Cats!

olddog

CMS vs. UR is an interesting game to me. I think CMS will try to run the ball but UR has been stout against the run, giving up less than 20 yards a game in league. I am sure we will see that little half roll that CMS likes to do...forcing End and LB to make decisions, creating a nice crease hook to curl. They killed UR a few years ago on that play.

Now that CMS has seen tape on UR's new qb, it will be very interesting to see their game plan. See if he can throw deep is my guess. Load and spy a lot.

UR plays well at home. Tough game for CMS.

astro9046

Quote from: olddog on October 12, 2018, 01:08:31 PM
CMS vs. UR is an interesting game to me. I think CMS will try to run the ball but UR has been stout against the run, giving up less than 20 yards a game in league. I am sure we will see that little half roll that CMS likes to do...forcing End and LB to make decisions, creating a nice crease hook to curl. They killed UR a few years ago on that play.

Now that CMS has seen tape on UR's new qb, it will be very interesting to see their game plan. See if he can throw deep is my guess. Load and spy a lot.

UR plays well at home. Tough game for CMS.
CMS is very physical upfront and likes to Run outside, didn't seem to have much of a pass O in the game against CLU. Redlands should win if they don't give them to many turnovers or poor special teams play. That is the game I'm interested to see outcome of this weekend. If Redlands lose's the conference will be a wide open shootout. 
"SOME PEOPLE THINK FOOTBALL IS A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH. I ASSURE YOU, IT'S MUCH MORE SERIOUS THAN THAT"

Ralph Turner

The SCIAC is a mess.  Four teams with 1 loss or less (undefeated CMS).

What is the tie-breaker for a 3-way tie?

Thanks

MonroviaCat

Quote from: Ralph Turner on October 14, 2018, 01:20:11 AM
The SCIAC is a mess.  Four teams with 1 loss or less (undefeated CMS).

What is the tie-breaker for a 3-way tie?

Thanks
Rose Bowl Rule (team that hasn't been there the longest gets the bid)
Go Cats!

(509)Rat

OxyBob

Quote from: (509)Rat on October 14, 2018, 07:05:18 PM
CMS is firmly in the driver's seat.

An easy victory coming up for Claremont next Saturday. Write it down in ink.

OxyBob