FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaprof

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it this year.  My 20 yr old daughter broke her hip last year in a swing dancing move that went terribly awry.  Things did not heal as well as we would have liked and due to avascular necrosis she is having a hip replacement on Wednesday--as much as I'd like to go to the game, I think I'll be a good dad and stay home and help take care of her.

Have a beer (or more) for me--and keep my daughter in your thoughts, if you would.

GO RAIDERS!!  (Hope to see y'all next year)
Reloading--Again, and again, and again....

Llamaguy

Quote from: theaprof on December 15, 2008, 12:36:21 PM
Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it this year.  My 20 yr old daughter broke her hip last year in a swing dancing move that went terribly awry.  Things did not heal as well as we would have liked and due to avascular necrosis she is having a hip replacement on Wednesday--as much as I'd like to go to the game, I think I'll be a good dad and stay home and help take care of her.

Have a beer (or more) for me--and keep my daughter in your thoughts, if you would.

Will definitely miss the cowboy hat and great company. We will definitely be thinking of your daughter and your family this weekend. Look for us on the 50yrdline as usual.  ;)
"The Dali Llama"

Bridgewater Football 1980,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005 ODAC Champions!

wesleydad

theaprof, best wishes to your daughter and i hope all goes well.  i am glad i made the trek to mount this past weekend and got to chat with you again.  i will certainly raise one for you this saturday.  have a great holiday.

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Small but Slow, his son, a football recruit, my son and I will be heading up early Friday Morning from Sunny FL.  Should arrive early Friday afternoon.
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

Llamaguy

Quote from: kirasdad on December 15, 2008, 08:12:19 PM
Small but Slow, his son, a football recruit, my son and I will be heading up early Friday Morning from Sunny FL.  Should arrive early Friday afternoon.

SWEET!
"The Dali Llama"

Bridgewater Football 1980,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005 ODAC Champions!

Ralph Turner

Quote from: theaprof on December 15, 2008, 12:36:21 PM

Ooooooooohhhhhhh!

Human carpentry!  Thoughts and prayers!

skunks_sidekick

Saturday morning roll-call......

SKUNK?  HERE......
SIDEKICK?  MUMBLE.....MUMBLE (SS food in mouth, drink in hand)

allsky7

Quote from: beenhit2hard on December 14, 2008, 05:43:34 PM

LLamaguy and the Stone Station crew,,,the beenhit2hards would like to make a reservation for saturday morning (after 8:30,, we are old people),,also ,  the lady in the kitchen is preparing to make cookies ,,,,I'll try not to eat them all on the trip over!!  See Y'all soon

I thought "old people" were early risers!  ;)  This "old people" is.  :D Allsky7 + 1 checking in. See everyone Saturday AM rain or shine. But let's make it shine how about it!  There should be enough pull on this board to make it happen if everyone gets their request in.

allsky7

Quote from: wesleydad on December 14, 2008, 05:14:48 PM
llama, what are the plans for the early start?  we will be there friday night, about the same time as last year 900 or so, i hope.  i dont think we will make a trip into roanoke since the game and tailgate will start so early, but let me know if there are plans to be at the same bar, the name of which i forget.  i may try to leave a little earlier, but that may depend on the wife who has had to work overtime recently.  also, what is on the menu?  we may bring something to add to it, cheese and pepporoni or something like that.  i will certainly bring some microbrew from pa, going with victory out of downingtown, great variety pack.  also may pick up some troegs or lancaster brewing co.

really looking forward to seeing you guys again snce it didnt work out this year for tailgating at wesley.  i have tickets in row 2 waiting for me at will call, so i was able to get the same as you guys.  had to call the ticket agency since ticketmaster was only giving the west stands.

talk to you during the week and see you guys on saturday.

wesleydad....look forward to meeting you Sat. I like your idea of bringing regional brews. I have had several of the Victory and Troegs but not familiar with Lancaster. Virginia has a few good ones these days. I have a few in the fridge from Starr Hill and Blue Mountain in Albemarle County near Charlottesville that I will bring Sat. Unfortunately, I drank the couple of 22's I had of one of the best (Legend Brown Ale) made in Richmond.  :-[  I'll see if I can round up a few before Sat. There is also Dominion in NOVA that has several great brews. Maybe we can have a little pre-game micro tasting.  ;D  This ole redneck beer snob has also been drinking some great Shiraz of late. I would bring some along but am afraid Llama and Co. might kick me out of the family for turning Stone Station into a UVA tailgate.  :D

Snakehandler

What the heck is a Shiraz? 

I'll be bringing a hometown brew that is made down in Elkton, VA - Coors Lite -----come on.
"Fear the Snakehandler, for he speaks with forked tongue"

beenhit2hard

Quote from: allsky7 on December 16, 2008, 07:52:00 AM
Quote from: beenhit2hard on December 14, 2008, 05:43:34 PM

LLamaguy and the Stone Station crew,,,the beenhit2hards would like to make a reservation for saturday morning (after 8:30,, we are old people),,also ,  the lady in the kitchen is preparing to make cookies ,,,,I'll try not to eat them all on the trip over!!  See Y'all soon

I thought "old people" were early risers!  ;)  This "old people" is.  :D Allsky7 + 1 checking in. See everyone Saturday AM rain or shine. But let's make it shine how about it!  There should be enough pull on this board to make it happen if everyone gets their request in.

Oh,,,we wake up at 6 am,,it is just getting all the body parts to wake up,,,!!!maybe I should sign in as Sos sec recipient,,, 

and LLamaguy,,,,,may I wear a ring ???

allsky7

Quote from: Snakehandler on December 16, 2008, 09:35:49 AM
What the heck is a Shiraz? 

I'll be bringing a hometown brew that is made down in Elkton, VA - Coors Lite -----come on.

That a boy Snake....I knew I could count on you for a response!!  ;)  I drink Coors Light all the time when I am thirsty and need a glass of water.  :D
      Great news....I just ordered a case of Legend Brown Ale. A local merchant was able to get for me. Will arrive by Friday. Come on Snake...hoist a pint with me Saturday. I promise it will go great with the planned menu.

Syrah is a dark-skinned variety of grape used in wine. Syrah is grown in many countries and is primarily used to produce powerful red wines, which enjoy great popularity in the marketplace, relatively often under the synonym Shiraz. Syrah is used both for varietal wines and in blended wines, where it can be both the major and minor component. It is called Syrah in its country of origin, France, as well as in the rest of Europe, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay , and most of the United States.

beenhit2hard

I quoted myself,, it must be too early

roocru

Anything that you ardently desire, vividly imagine, totally believe and enthusiastically pursue will inevitably come to pass !!!

runjmc5

Long time, no post.  Skoaltrain here and rolling out of Lynchburg Friday Evening.  I'm looking at a good long weekend with D3 Football Fans.  ETA is Friday around 5:00 p.m.  Glad to see Snakehandler is coming.  Pat Coleman cancelled my Skoaltrain user ID so I had to create a new one.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.
AKNT